HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Nov 6, 2006, 6:34 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Burj Dubai 3D Model

Images removed.

Last edited by STR; Dec 21, 2006 at 6:46 AM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2006, 3:11 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Some really nice work going on here old and new. The Dubai model is really starting to take shape now. I bet a lot of man hours have gone into this?

I've seen some of your stuff on some other sites too.

I particularly love the Chicago highrises as well.

Are you doing any work on any of the Palm projects?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 12:07 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Pity all this great work has gone to waste

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 3:55 PM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Let it GO....

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 6:57 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
Pity all this great work has gone to waste
It's not wasted, I just no longer have a desire to share it with the general public. Unlike other buildings around the world, it seems this one has a tendancy to attract a different crowd, with an attitude I don't care for. So rather than getting continuously upset over it, I choose to remove myself from the situation.

You, of course, have been great. I have no problem helping you with your model or even (finally) giving you the updated model, which will likely be done before the new year.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 10:03 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

^^ No worries.

I doubt actually need it though. Still using your very first one but increased the width a bit since you did say it was too thin. I'd imagine your newest ones are quite a bit more complicated than that one and I had to simplify it a bit anyway to get rid of the lag

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 7:30 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Nah, any new version would be pretty lean. No lag.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 7:55 PM
Guess Who's Back?

STR, I must appologise for my behavior.
I too get quite upset with the negative attraction this building has created but have remained very open minded to the possibilities of what that guy was saying.
We are both very similar in our ways but at opposite ends of the scale.
Come on, if we're both honest....like it or not we both have inflamed ego's that clash and we're both stubborn and we both like the last word on everything!
I actually highly respect everything you have posted, which is why I give you special commendation for efforts and contributions on my website....albeit tongue in cheek!
I never ever mean any harm in my posts but I am a strong devils advocate even if I don't believe it myself.
I'm very sorry if any of my comments upset you; but I do like a good heated debate and you unfortunately took a direct hit in my firing line.
I actually quite like these new developement, true or false...they're exciting possibilities and a small part of me wants it to be true, although personally I think it'll spoil the whole building.

Group hug?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art