HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 5:32 PM
America's Hometown

It seems Philadelphia is still seeing a large number of home sales...so somebody is moving in...but they are also moving out.

From what I have read...it seems like New Yorkers are moving to Philly and replacing people who have moved to the suburbs.

Where I live in Chester County, there was literally no new housing built from the recession until only a few years ago. A ton of new housing was planned before the Rona. Exton has over 1000 new apartments coming on line with more being looked at as the Mall is on it's last days as a 70's era regional mall and looks to be redeveloped. A ton of new townhouses are going up with a few new single home developments. We are looking at an increase of 4000-5000 new residents in the area.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRising View Post
I think people will once again migrate back into the office. We were WFH from March to June. They socially distanced all the desks because we had excess office space and we were required to wear masks which was provided to us each day. They just pushed us back out of the office starting last week until at least January due to the spikes across the country.

I hated being home. I missed my desk...my multiple screens..and just having the in person social interaction even if we had to stay apart. It's okay when it's snowing outside and not having to drive to work in bad weather but for long term i would hate it.
Working from home is not productive for most people, the company sees its culture being deluted, the sense of urgence is different.

Aside specific fields, I don't think it will last.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions