HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Oct 25, 2010, 12:31 PM

Agrul, Eurus; Yet another Sketchup Country

Welcome to my 2nd attempt at a sketchup country, defiantly improved from the last country that I forgot the name of, So welcome all and one to Eurus and most importantly the capital City Agrul, situated in the middle of the country, now for those who are also in SkyscraperCity, you will realise that i have not put this thread here, well I am putting it here as a "Quality Control" for you to make any comments on how to improve this city on then once i feel like it looks professional enough i shall reveal the country there. So without further ado i give to you Eurus then pictures of Agrul.

The Country's Flag:

Where the country is in Russia:

and now 2 looks at the workings of Agrul from above.

and finally i give you a look from the back to the front.

any questions or queries please just share on this thread thanks for reading

Old Posted Oct 26, 2010, 8:02 PM
Closed account

Love it. I really like the flag.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2010, 8:38 PM

The city looks not very russian, but nice

Old Posted Oct 30, 2010, 5:43 PM

Like the aerial shot!!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Love it. I really like the flag.
thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbert View Post
The city looks not very russian, but nice
yeh it's suppose to be kinda British and thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota74 View Post
Like the aerial shot!!
thanks

I was going to have the new building from scratch but it was to much for sketchup so i went with the next best thing, a picture of the hand made building on each side.

The section that was untextured has now been textured.

and the first signed building the £urBank, one of the main banks of Eurus

thanks for reading

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 8:36 PM

I'll love it if you choose to develop and show us your city's low density residential areas. That is one of the huge weaknesses of many Sketchup cities... mine included. We see downtown, and we see lowrise residential, but we never see regular houses with grass around them... just because making houses seems kind of boring and repetitive... and yet, simple houses with grass around them make up a majority of most urban footprints.

That said, your work is crisp and promising... and as quiet as it is here, Lord knows we can always use new work. I like the flag, but then again, I kind of have a fetish for pseudo-nations, so it might just be me. I'll definitely be watching this project.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 11:17 PM
Closed account

Really the only suggestion for me is to diversify the building styles. Add some art deco with some modern and stuff like that,

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoward88 View Post
I'll love it if you choose to develop and show us your city's low density residential areas. That is one of the huge weaknesses of many Sketchup cities... mine included. We see downtown, and we see lowrise residential, but we never see regular houses with grass around them... just because making houses seems kind of boring and repetitive... and yet, simple houses with grass around them make up a majority of most urban footprints.

That said, your work is crisp and promising... and as quiet as it is here, Lord knows we can always use new work. I like the flag, but then again, I kind of have a fetish for pseudo-nations, so it might just be me. I'll definitely be watching this project.
well i plan to do a country side file and a suburb file so look out of them, and you and me both, if only i there was more here like sim city them we can do country contests like Olympics or something. thanks for the post as well

Quote:
Really the only suggestion for me is to diversify the building styles. Add some art deco with some modern and stuff like that,
as you wish flame i have a few modern and an art deco-ish i think building added in on this update.

I give to you my first green building, unnamed but you can call it the Solar Tower.

This picture takes the other 2 buildings, the apartment store and the Step Building.

and finally an overview.

okay maybe a bonus picture since it looks cool see you next time

Last edited by YingBlanc; Nov 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 6:31 PM
Closed account

Looks nice, but if would be nice if you could add trees to your city.

Nice start!i like the building on the second photo you gave us.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2010, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Looks nice, but if would be nice if you could add trees to your city.

Nice start!i like the building on the second photo you gave us.
i'll see if i can put some trees in without to crashing, and thanks for the comment, my favourite picture is the reflection of the buildings in the city hall but I'm hoping that won't be for long.

so here are the new buildings ugly yes, but when added to the city behind all the buildings they don't look half bad...okay maybe in your opinion they do but every city has an eyesore.

hopefully i should have better buildings now that i have more time now my test have done and i should be getting back my creativity for building, and expect hopefully but i'm not promising; Trees and hopefully a filler picture of either the countryside or a suburb in Eurus.

thanks for reading

p.s: if there is enough complaints i'll redo the buildings you don't like

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 5:31 PM

the high rises look very neat with consistent textures and proportionate shapes.

If this city is going to be in Western Siberia; maybe in a scenario where this country connects Asia Pacific with the European Union (Kazakhstan goes to Shanghai; Russia goes to Brussels); then you could make it an Eurasian informal capital, with lots of skybridges and glass to keep functional in spite of the ultra continental climate.

I like the care you put into the flag. White for the Great North, Blue for the Cross and Green for the Moon, as historically that area's been populated by both Muslim Tatars and Orthodox Christians.

keep it up!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalextropy View Post
the high rises look very neat with consistent textures and proportionate shapes.

If this city is going to be in Western Siberia; maybe in a scenario where this country connects Asia Pacific with the European Union (Kazakhstan goes to Shanghai; Russia goes to Brussels); then you could make it an Eurasian informal capital, with lots of skybridges and glass to keep functional in spite of the ultra continental climate.

I like the care you put into the flag. White for the Great North, Blue for the Cross and Green for the Moon, as historically that area's been populated by both Muslim Tatars and Orthodox Christians.

keep it up!
thanks, and i put care into the flag all i did was take the most used colours of my counties Obalisks and put it in that shape and took the first symbol i could find

anyway on with the update, nothing new but a river and the addition of trees so here you go.

enjoy.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2010, 1:15 PM
Closed account

Looks nice.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2010, 6:25 PM

You've got some really masive buildings there

Old Posted Dec 11, 2010, 12:24 PM

The skyline is shaping up pretty nice. The taller ones look pretty good - especially the one with the winged crown. I'm not sure about the irregularly shaped glass thingies at the riverfront, though. The riverfront could also use some walkways.

All in all, good job

Old Posted Dec 11, 2010, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Looks nice.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbert View Post
You've got some really masive buildings there
yeh i don't know how i got from small and low to giant and tall so easily don't matter this should cover the low section well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellu View Post
The skyline is shaping up pretty nice. The taller ones look pretty good - especially the one with the winged crown. I'm not sure about the irregularly shaped glass thingies at the riverfront, though. The riverfront could also use some walkways.

All in all, good job
thanks, and i like the Solar Tower as well and i'm not fond of the glass buildings at the front but that's just when there not in a skyline view. and i'll put some walkways up and downstream when i get to that part.

So i have made a new section the Parliamentary District which has a Cathedral and a plaza. so enjoy. Red roofs i may ad mean that it is temporary.

and a new arial shot.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup