HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 6:55 AM

Location: Born and raised Clevelander, former Atlantan and Dallasite, and now 'probational' New Yorker, ha
Barclay Tower - 10 Barclay Street

So I was painting the Barclay Tower today and noticed it surprisingly hasn't been rendered in Google Earth. I was there in October and it was completed then but Google Earth still just shows the construction site. It's a cool building IMO and ought to be rendered ...if anyone wants to take a crack at it.

www.UrbanImpressionist.com ______ Twitter: @UrbanImpress ______ UrbanImpressionist on Facebook______ UrbanImpressionist on Youtube

Old Posted Jun 27, 2011, 7:20 PM
Danny proud New Yorker

Here you go

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 8:13 AM

Location: Born and raised Clevelander, former Atlantan and Dallasite, and now 'probational' New Yorker, ha
Nice! Thanks nycdagreatest

Just curious. Looked (even cleared my cache) and don't see it yet. Is there a submission process/approval and typical delay?

And is it me or is it not odd that much of that particular block hasn't been rendered when pretty much the rest of Manhattan has?

www.UrbanImpressionist.com ______ Twitter: @UrbanImpress ______ UrbanImpressionist on Facebook______ UrbanImpressionist on Youtube

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 7:41 PM
Danny proud New Yorker

Yes every model submitted to Google goes through a review process. The models are reviewed for accuracy of location, visual completeness, photo textures, polygon count and overall quality. Only models that exist in the real world are eligible.

Google reviews models every day. Models that are accepted are added to Google Earth usually at the end of each week.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2011, 1:48 PM

Showed up yesterday. What had me looking for it was my pic of it was kinda low rez and the part of it's shape looked odd. Sure enough there's an odd asymmetry of row/columns between the left and right side on the south face which you caught. Aces!

It looks like the roof of it would be a great place for a fisheye camera of the One WTC and the site.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup