HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 8:47 PM

Is there a site plan to show how the two bldgs actually sit on the west side of the site? Is there a little retail at grade?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labroco View Post
How does one post pictures here? Is there a tutorial for old people??
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=219527

this thread is helpful
Small stain

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labroco View Post
Is there a site plan to show how the two bldgs actually sit on the west side of the site? Is there a little retail at grade?
https://www.canadianarchitect.com/ja...use-elevation/

Looks very similar to what's on the front, just bigger, and yes I believe there is commercial/retail underneath.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 6:33 PM

New photo: turns out the concrete platform on the West side was covering a pair of tiny cinderblock rooms?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portmanteau View Post

New photo: turns out the concrete platform on the West side was covering a pair of tiny cinderblock rooms?
This is such an exciting project! With Great West Metal on Pacific half demolished, we really will be in for a huge and vibrant change to the area. Now it the Alexander docks could be repaired this spring...

Last edited by Labroco; Nov 5, 2020 at 11:28 PM.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 5:58 AM

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 6:27 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:

if i remember correctly there was some valves in there on the lines leaving the pump house from what i remember when i got too piggy back on a tour way back

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 7:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
if i remember correctly there was some valves in there on the lines leaving the pump house from what i remember when i got too piggy back on a tour way back
Me thinks that the days are numbered for the Warehouse Theatre across the street. That block is prime now with so many residents living in the area.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 7:52 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIreland View Post
Me thinks that the days are numbered for the Warehouse Theatre across the street. That block is prime now with so many residents living in the area.
i would be sad to see it go

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 1:19 PM

I'm sure MTC wouldn't relinquish the Warehouse for an offer that wasn't lucrative enough to allow the Warehouse to live on somewhere else... so I guess the question is what would that look like? Would MTC build new, or would they renovate some other building? My memory is foggy, but wasn't there some kind of area development plan that included filling in the space between MTC Mainstage and the Playhouse? Was that intended as a new site for the Warehouse?

That said, I'm not sure that the value of the land is so great that it would justify buying the Warehouse as a going concern just to redevelop the land. There are still a good number of other buildings and lots for developers to choose from around there....

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 1:50 PM

I always kinda hoped the warehouse would move into a new building somewhere on market in one of the parking lots and that prairie they’re exchange would move into the old warehouse space. Would be nice to have all the theatre happening in one area.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm sure MTC wouldn't relinquish the Warehouse for an offer that wasn't lucrative enough to allow the Warehouse to live on somewhere else... so I guess the question is what would that look like? Would MTC build new, or would they renovate some other building? My memory is foggy, but wasn't there some kind of area development plan that included filling in the space between MTC Mainstage and the Playhouse? Was that intended as a new site for the Warehouse?

That said, I'm not sure that the value of the land is so great that it would justify buying the Warehouse as a going concern just to redevelop the land. There are still a good number of other buildings and lots for developers to choose from around there....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
I always kinda hoped the warehouse would move into a new building somewhere on market in one of the parking lots and that prairie they’re exchange would move into the old warehouse space. Would be nice to have all the theatre happening in one area.
MTC wants to replace the Warehouse Theatre by building a new black box theatre on the empty lot east of Pantages. MCCC also wants to get rid of the storage building west of Pump House once the Manitoba Museum expansion happens. These would both pave the way for a massive new outdoor plaza and new music halls.

It's all laid out in the MCCC Master Plan, page 10.

This was developed as a 15 year plan in 2017, so lots of time to go. That being said, it also called for the new parkade on Rupert to open last year. So with this current government and situation, who knows when any of this will happen.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
MTC wants to replace the Warehouse Theatre by building a new black box theatre on the empty lot east of Pantages. MCCC also wants to get rid of the storage building west of Pump House once the Manitoba Museum expansion happens. These would both pave the way for a massive new outdoor plaza and new music halls.

It's all laid out in the MCCC Master Plan, page 10.

This was developed as a 15 year plan in 2017, so lots of time to go. That being said, it also called for the new parkade on Rupert to open last year. So with this current government and situation, who knows when any of this will happen.
Thank you, I couldn't remember where I saw that. So I guess the big question regarding redevelopment of the Warehouse site is whether anyone will offer enough $ to allow the development of the site on Market to go forward. I'm not sure what that magic number is, but I'd be a little surprised if land values were at that point yet. I would expect that site to be one of the last dominoes to fall, and there are still quite a few others standing around there.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 3:54 PM

Quote:

Hey AJ - the crushed tanks smell strongly of creosote. Any ideas why they might have stored that on-site?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 5:04 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

same reason rail lines smell of it

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 6:41 PM

Quote:
same reason rail lines smell of it
Did that lot behind the pumphouse belong to one of the rail lines at some point?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 7:25 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Did that lot behind the pumphouse belong to one of the rail lines at some point?
no there was tanks on that lot

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 8:58 PM
Starring as himself

Quote:

There was a small addition on that side when I took a photo of it in the early 1990s.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2020, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
There was a small addition on that side when I took a photo of it in the early 1990s.
Any photo updates?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2020, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIreland View Post
Any photo updates?
From my office the site appears dormant with little progression since the last photos..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan