HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 5:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It's looking more and more like it. I can't think of any other towers of this size with completion dates around that time, and particularly with the landlords involved. Maybe 15 Penn, although that's strictly Vornado. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but that 1 year extension is key for me. If the previous lease expired in 2027, that extra year signals more time for something to be completed in 2028.

I think it was unlikely they would leave Park Avenue for Downtown, or even the west side, unless there were no options. JP Morgan Chase also looked Downtown and to the west side for a new headquarters, but just happened to be in a position to rebuild their own headquarters when terms didn't pan out.
The fact that they stayed with Rudin and signed a short-term lease is unmistakable evidence as to Blackstone's intent to anchor 350 Park. Rudin's prescient comment about meeting their long-term needs makes it crystal clear! I just home that the current design is what's built. I think that it's amazing.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 6:01 PM

Wow, this is fantastic news. It's pretty clear that Blackstone is eyeing anchoring a new supertall at 350 Park. Hopefully we get a stunning landmark.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 6:07 PM
New Yorker for life

Likely refined even further by now, assuming Foster is still on it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 9:29 PM
BANNED

Since it appears that Blackstone will anchor 350 Park, I'd like to see KPMG or Morgan Stanley anchor 175 Park. As 345 Park would be virtually empty, I hope that Rudin razes it and builds a hyper-tower on its site. Under the Midtown East Rezoning, can an owner build a mixed use with hotel and condos? I assume that's the case since that's what RFR is doing at the Hyatt site. Can you imagine a 1,700' tower at 345 Park with 1,000' of office, 200' of 5 star hotel, and 500' at the top of mega-luxury condos?

"Mr. [Rudin]: Take down this wall [of junk]!"

Last edited by JMKeynes; Mar 14, 2021 at 2:33 AM.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 10:27 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
That building, like 270 Park, sits on a split-zoned site (25-23 FAR). The average of 24 is slightly more than what 270 has. Residential development can be no more than 20% of any development in midtown east to take advantage of the rezoning. Any hotel space would have to recieve a special permit, even if the site previously had a hotel.

81,000 sf lot by 24 FAR = 1.944,000 msf (minus any mechanical) making any redevelopment there another 2.5 msf + blockbuster.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 10:36 PM
BANNED

Bring it on!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2021, 4:32 AM
DENNAB

This might be my favorite building in NYC, I'd almost rather have this be a go soon more than 2WTC (though it's a tough call)

Old Posted Mar 13, 2021, 12:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
This might be my favorite building in NYC, I'd almost rather have this be a go soon more than 2WTC (though it's a tough call)

Old Posted Mar 13, 2021, 1:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Once this mass panic and hysteria goes away over something that will be in the ecosystem permanently, I expect a big boom. Right now its slowed down a bit in terms of the new reveals but I think by Q3/Q4 of 2021, we'll start seeing some nice reveals. In general, city wide.

Penn District, Phase II of HY, and many more. Hopefully 45 Broad can resume.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 1:42 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Since it appears that Blackstone will anchor 350 Park, I'd like to see KPMG or Morgan Stanley anchor 175 Park. As 345 Park would be virtually empty, I hope that Rudin razes it and builds a hyper-tower on its site. Under the Midtown East Rezoning, can an owner build a mixed use with hotel and condos? I assume that's the case since that's what RFR is doing at the Hyatt site. Can you imagine a 1,700' tower at 345 Park with 1,000' of office, 200' of 5 star hotel, and 500' at the top of mega-luxury condos?

"Mr. [Rudin]: Take down this wall [of junk]!"

As long as whatever replaces it compliments the Seagram Building next door.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 2:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 12:53 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post

I was thinking at the very least, let those plazas align nicely. We could just be wishing anything happens at all though.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 3:57 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

This skyscraper reminds me of sci-fi. It's pretty weird to have a skyscraper with two antennas like Willis Tower and John Hancock Center. But the question is when will Vornado Company start the demolition? Because the building's completion is drawing closer now...

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 4:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysiri View Post
This skyscraper reminds me of sci-fi. It's pretty weird to have a skyscraper with two antennas like Willis Tower and John Hancock Center. But the question is when will Vornado Company start the demolition? Because the building's completion is drawing closer now...

Quote:
https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-t...-call-tra.aspx

It's a matter of can you actually begin the development. And so if you just think about the timing, we have leases that run through really beginning of 2024, Glen?

Glen Weiss -- Executive Vice President-Office Leasing and Co-Head of Real Estate

End of '23.

Michael J. Franco -- President

End of '23. And so that's the earliest that we could begin to take the building down.
Still a couple of years out. The Hotel Penn and Grand Hyatt will come down first.

Old Posted May 9, 2021, 12:46 AM
New Yorker for life

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article...-earnings-call

Quote:

Alexander Goldfarb

Okay. The second question, Steve, is going back to Penn Station, you guys for over two decades have been talking about Penn Station. We all know the issues about the streetscape and the neighborhood and the desire to see that improve. When you look at Grand Central that area is already there, Eastside Access is clearly going to sites in a way a huge chunk of Long Island commuters and you guys have 350 Park.

It would seem that 350 is almost the better site than Hotel Penn, just given that the neighborhood is already there, and there are a lot more people being excited by the commuter hub and you have East Side access coming in the next few years.

So what are your thoughts on accelerating 350 and where does that fit in your pipeline as you guys are flat market anchoring a Hotel Penn versus getting tenants to anchor at 350?

Steven Roth

We are an equal opportunity employer, wherever the tenants want to go, that's where we want to put them. We have - obviously, we have an enormous amount of respect for our 350 Park Avenue asset, it's a great asset and it's kind of like bite-sized. It's a 500,000 square feet asset. It's obviously a candidate for teardown and rebuild.

But in teardown and rebuild is a combination and we can grow the site too, by the way, as speculated in the press. So we could grow it so that it's more than 2 million square foot building if we wanted to just focus on our own site without growing it, which would be a million square foot building.

That is an immense financial undertaking which would require record rents, which we have talked to several tenants about, and we may do that, but the likelihood is we will not do that. The more likely outcome is that we will rent up the existing 350 Park Avenue at very favorable rents and so it would like postpone it for a cycle, and retain the option of doing a new build on it or continuing to rent the existing building the over time.

So it's more likely that we will not do a teardown on that site and rent it out for one more cycle, and focus our efforts on the Penn Station district. That's the more likely outcome, although we couldn't be more delighted.

By the way, if we decided that we wanted to sell that asset with all of its optionality in terms of the new build or whatever, we think we can get an extraordinary price for it, but that's not something that's high on our agenda right now.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 2:18 AM
New Yorker for life

https://www.fool.com/amp/earnings/ca...ings-call-tra/

Quote:
Aug 3, 2021

Alexander Goldfarb -- Piper Sandler & Co. -- Analyst

Good morning. Thank you. Good morning, Steve. Good morning, Michael.

So two questions. And actually, Steve, you just sort of recasted the question I was going to ask. I was going to ask you if you still believe in Manhattan tilting to the South and the West, given the resurgence of Midtown, Grand Central. Obviously, you guys bought One Park.

But to Jamie's question, you just talked about 350 Park enough tenants to double the demand. So I guess, wrapping up because I'd like to ask about 350, do you see Midtown, the Grand Central market returning as the dominant submarket or do you still believe that New York is still tilting to the South and to the West?
Quote:
Steven Roth -- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer

I like the phrase that I invented some years ago, the predictive phrase that New York is tilting. I think that's still the case. Notwithstanding, New York is a great mysterious, wonderful place, OK? So Park Avenue South, which is what's what we call that So Midtown South is a smaller, but very highly sought-after submarket. There's not going to be any new construction in there.

… now let's go to conventional Midtown. Park Avenue has been a stepchild for a while. It's gotten older and tighter and that is now changing aggressively.

Park Avenue is going to reclaim its role as the great boulevard of commerce in the world. So we have JP Morgan Chase tearing down a building and rebuilding it with a stupendous headquarters building, which we're familiar with because they're using Norman Foster. So we have -- and their plans have been published. We own the adjacent building to that, 280 Park Avenue, which we're very enthusiastic about.

There are two other potential -- there's another brand new Foster building up at 55th Street. There's two more teardowns and rebuilds that are going to happen in Park Avenue. So Park Avenue is going to become what it always should be and that's a premier boulevard of commerce. So all of these parts in the city is not going to be segregated into one or two submarkets, all submarkets are going to do well.

We believe that on a relative basis, the Midtown West market, the PENN District market will do on a relative basis better than the others and will grow faster than the others and we'll have higher demand than the others. And the statistics, as I said, about market share, if you look at how much leasing is done in each district compared to how large a district is, the PENN District wins that race. But everything in New York is going to thrive, except for the really c*** buildings, and there are plenty of them.
Quote:
Alexander Goldfarb -- Piper Sandler & Co. -- Analyst

And Steve, you still feel confident on your bet on Penn Station winning the race over Grand Central even after the opening of East Side Access, which East Side Access obviously would be great for 280, great for 350 and your other neighboring buildings, but you still -- you don't think East Side access will eat into your Penn Station?

Steven Roth -- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer

No. I think it's -- I think the -- look, you can look at all kinds of negative issues. Penn Station has always been the transportation hub of this region for 100 years, OK? All of the networks and all the spiderweb of transportation from the 380 degrees come into Penn Station, and that's the way it's designed. Now obviously, there's going to be -- Grand Central, is not nothing, and -- but it will be fine.

There will be plenty of business in Penn Station. I'm not in a relative race with Grand Central. Grand Central is going to be fine. We think Penn Station is going to be a little and that's OK with me.

… There's an enormous amount of public capital that is being invested in Penn now. I'm sure you've seen the Moynihan improvement, which is, of course, ours all the adjacent real estate to retail, etc. And I'm sure you couldn't be more aware of the Gateway project, which is a massive infrastructure project. And I'm sure you're also aware of the plans to expand Penn Station's trackage which means capacity to the South, which is -- I mean these are huge infrastructure projects, which have 10-year projects and take tens and tens of billions of dollars.

And I can tell you that the government's focus is on Penn. So we believe in Penn. And that doesn't mean that Grand Central isn't going to thrive as well. It will, and we hope it will.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 2:41 PM
BANNED

Hopefully, Morgan, which is FLUSH with cash, will consider this site for its new HQ.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/10/14/...s-q3-2021.html

Morgan Stanley beats estimates on record investment banking and asset management results
PUBLISHED THU, OCT 14 2021 7:12 AM EDT
UPDATED 60 MIN AGO

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 5:22 PM

Yeah, 350 Park would be perfect for the new Morgan Stanley world HQ.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 5:28 PM

Right across from 270 Park, Big Bank Row. lol

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 6:27 PM
Show me the blueprints

Plus Park Ave has plenty of room for all the protesters to gather when the giant banks inevitably cause another global economic depression! Yayyyyyy!

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals