HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 4, 2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I just saw the highlights at lunch. Sounds like he's going to be ok as he's staying with the team and not heading back to Vancouver.

Anyone know who Kotkaniemi's BJJ coach is? That was an impressive takedown/heel hook.
I was really looking forward to seeing Pettersson possibly put on a show for HNIC in Toronto. He will definitely not play tomorrow night.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2019, 10:40 PM

That's a bit disappointing, would be great to watch him go head to head with the elite players on the Leafs.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2019, 1:54 AM

Someone on Reddit posted some slick concept logos of a potential Seattle Kraken team.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 6:23 AM
Community Guy

1. That was atrocious Oilers.
2. McDavid got knocked around and nobody seemed to give a shit.
3. Congrats to Anze
4. D.Brown is a machine
5. We look as if we want to fail.

Nicely done Leafs.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 7:03 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

I'm liking those Seattle concepts.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 12:30 PM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
3. Congrats to Anze
4. D.Brown is a machine

Nicely done Leafs.
I couldn't believe that McDavid got elbowed right in the mouth, and then Doughty was laughing about it on the bench afterward, and nobody on the Oilers did a damn thing about it. Does nobody on the Oilers give a shit at all? I guess since the ownership doesn't give a shit about the on-ice product (as evidenced by the fact that Chia still has a job) then it shouldn't be surprising that the players don't either.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chemist View Post
I couldn't believe that McDavid got elbowed right in the mouth, and then Doughty was laughing about it on the bench afterward, and nobody on the Oilers did a damn thing about it. Does nobody on the Oilers give a shit at all? I guess since the ownership doesn't give a shit about the on-ice product (as evidenced by the fact that Chia still has a job) then it shouldn't be surprising that the players don't either.
I think he was laughing because that wasn't an "elbow" by NHL standards, Doughty knows what a real "elbow" feels like. Maybe McDavid needs to take care of himself like Chucky does?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_bwt79izFg

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
3. Congrats to Anze
4. D.Brown is a machine

Nicely done Leafs.
The least Lucic could do is crack some skulls when necessary. We'll take Lucic for Goldobin. Oilers retain 75% of his salary.

Seriously though, Canucks have been shut out 2 games in a row. We lack scoring depth and still need to be in tank mode. Kakko is looking pretty good right now.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Seriously though, Canucks have been shut out 2 games in a row. We lack scoring depth and still need to be in tank mode.
Even worse - they've been shut out 4 times in their last 7 games.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 12:16 AM

Not much out of the Canucks with Pettersson out of the lineup. Actually helps strengthen Logan's case for Pettersson as MVP. Without him they stink up the joint, while the Oilers stunk up the joint even with McDavid. In fact Edmonton looked pathetic.

Nice to see the Leafs show up this time. I think Wild game was probably a bit of an aberration.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 12:27 AM
Build'em high!

Did they already decide on the name Kraken? I hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
Someone on Reddit posted some slick concept logos of a potential Seattle Kraken team.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 12:36 AM
Build'em high!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineN View Post
Not much out of the Canucks with Pettersson out of the lineup. Actually helps strengthen Logan's case for Pettersson as MVP. Without him they stink up the joint, while the Oilers stunk up the joint even with McDavid. In fact Edmonton looked pathetic.

Nice to see the Leafs show up this time. I think Wild game was probably a bit of an aberration.
The Oilers have looked pathetic most of the season, and for most of the last 20 years. It's time to once and for all clean house, not just Chiarelli, but everyone!! All the old boys. Get a broom and a large reset button!

The only bright spot has been McDavid, and let's face it, any idiot would have picked him, he was an obvious choice. Draisaitl's been good too, but again, anyone can take a player 3rd overall, and probably get lucky.

Time for some bigtime change

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 12:39 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Spaghetti View Post
Did they already decide on the name Kraken? I hope not.
They haven't, thankfully. Would be a pretty awful name IMO.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Spaghetti View Post
The Oilers have looked pathetic most of the season, and for most of the last 20 years. It's time to once and for all clean house, not just Chiarelli, but everyone!! All the old boys. Get a broom and a large reset button!

The only bright spot has been McDavid, and let's face it, any idiot would have picked him, he was an obvious choice. Draisaitl's been good too, but again, anyone can take a player 3rd overall, and probably get lucky.

Time for some bigtime change
As a Flames fan, I think the Oilers need to stay the course. Keep all the old guard, and maintain present direction. In fact I'd love it if Vancouver and Edmonton can both hang in around .500 and stay there.

Regarding the Flames, it's amazing to see them tied for 2nd place overall, something most Flames fans weren't expecting I'm sure. They've not only had success, but they're a fun team to watch. Probably the nicest bonus is the way you can never count them out. Yesterday's win was a perfect example of the new Flames, where even though they didn't play a great game they kept coming and somehow you had this feeling they were still going to win.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 4:14 AM
Community Guy

We want the cup!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
They haven't, thankfully. Would be a pretty awful name IMO.
I think it's pretty tacky, like something you would expect to see on a random British team that puts out a giant inflatable octopus at center ice as an intermission gimmick.

That being said I thought the Golden Knights pre-game shows last year were the tackiest things I'd seen in the league but a lot of people ate that up.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 6:18 PM

Kraken is a terrible name, I'm sure they can come up with something more relevant to the city of Seattle.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 7:14 PM

I think I recall Kraken from RPG games from years ago, but I don’t think too many people know what “Kraken” is. It sounds like some DTES street vernacular. Like crackin’. Metropolitans is by far the best name. Too bad the league won’t allow it.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 7:23 PM

I think most people know a Kraken is a sea monster, but despite Seattle being a port city, lots of people probably don't associate it with sailing. Kraken seems more of an East Coast thing to me. If they decided that theme is where they want to go, Seattle Sea Monsters sounds better to me lol.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 7:24 PM

I like Metropolitans, followed by the Sockeyes. Sockeyes does sound a bit like a Junior team name, although that's just because I associate it with similar names like the Walleyes in Toledo or Mississauga Steelheads.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada