HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 5:06 PM

The Atlantic’s foundation is poured down on Lower Cove Loop, we should start to see this project go upward. I’m hoping a lot of landscaping will be done to compliment the area.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 6:06 PM

I've heard the Atantic's developers have requested Germain be opened at the bottom.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
I've heard the Atantic's developers have requested Germain be opened at the bottom.
That’s an idea that came across my mind and I’d love that! Some serious road reconstruction would help this area out, maybe a centre median with greenery on LCL with turning lanes.

EDIT: I just did some digging and found the city allocated $320K in the 2020-2021 budget for street reconstruction of Germain Street between St James & Lower Cove Loop. We may very well see Germain street connect to LCL

Last edited by ColSJ; Sep 4, 2020 at 7:00 PM.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSJ View Post
That’s an idea that came across my mind and I’d love that! Some serious road reconstruction would help this area out, maybe a centre median with greenery on LCL with turning lanes.

EDIT: I just did some digging and found the city allocated $320K in the 2020-2021 budget for street reconstruction of Germain Street between St James & Lower Cove Loop. We may very well see Germain street connect to LCL

I heard the PAC is/was considering it. I'd like a median on LCL/Crown as far as Pitt, and on the two 'missing' blocks of King East. St. James probably does not need to connect at this time, nor does Brittain.

What I would really like to see is Broadview connecting to Pitt and see some townhouses down there. Is it a brownfield?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2020, 8:02 AM
Bamboo Tiger

I'd like to see a landscaped reflecting pool on the empty lot along Broad between Germain and Ross marking the front of the original slip at Lower Cove... could be an interesting home for Ogden's forgotten Marco Polo.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 7:01 PM

New news letter from Develop Saint John

Quote:
Steel will be arriving on-site at the Telegraph building requiring Canterbury Street to be temporarily closed from Grannan to Princess early morning on Monday, September 21, 2020. Grannan will be open to through traffic during this time, however, there may be a couple of short, intermittent delays on Grannan as well.

The developer expects both Canterbury and Grannan will be open again to through traffic in the afternoon of Monday, 21-Sep.
On a related note...
You've probably noticed a lot less activity on the site in recent weeks. The developer has experienced some supply chain-related delays. These delays will have an impact on the construction completion date. However, at this time it's not clear exactly how much of an impact. We will be sure to update you once more information is available.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 12:46 AM

Telegraph Square will begin to ramp up with activity starting tomorrow. News release from Develop Saint John-

Quote:
Construction activities at the Telegraph building will require Canterbury Street to be closed from Grannan to Princess as of Friday, October 2. This closure will remain in effect for approximately 4 - 6 weeks. Grannan Street will be open to through traffic during this time, however, please expect intermittent delays and closures on Grannan as well.

During this phase, materials, including large wall panels, will be delivered on trailers and lifted into place using the construction crane. The panels are very heavy, and safety, as always, is top of mind for the developer.
Curious if anyone has any insight on when The Wellington will begin construction. They were aiming for this fall and they got the permit. With winter coming I’d imagine they’d want to make significant progress before snow fall.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 10:59 AM

McDonalds is leaving Brunswick Square

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 5:50 PM
ハルウララ

With the rate that businesses are leaving Brunswick Square it really makes me wonder if there are alternate plans for the building. Easier to shift entirely with no tenants rather than forcing tenants out all at once.

Also wonder if McDonald's looks to relocate somewhere else Uptown or if they'll leave the area.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
With the rate that businesses are leaving Brunswick Square it really makes me wonder if there are alternate plans for the building. Easier to shift entirely with no tenants rather than forcing tenants out all at once.

Also wonder if McDonald's looks to relocate somewhere else Uptown or if they'll leave the area.
Yeah, I would rather see the businesses present relocate. Cora's, House of Chan, My Uptown Life, PrintThree, Lawton's, Goodlife, the dentist's office... maybe a couple others would all be viable in Market Square or independently. Priority should be to get the third floor emptied out and after that, the second. Maybe leave the pedway as a through-pass if the building gets a new use.

Deluxe will lose their Rothesay Ave location to the overpass. I wonder if they plan on reopening either location.

We never heard what UNBSJ's second uptown announcement was, either.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 7:35 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
We never heard what UNBSJ's second uptown announcement was, either.
Was it the UNBSJ/EDGSJ Block One incubator at 40 Charlotte?

https://huddle.today/mba-students-en...one-incubator/

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Was it the UNBSJ/EDGSJ Block One incubator at 40 Charlotte?

https://huddle.today/mba-students-en...one-incubator/
No,it was supposed to be related to another piece of property in the King Square area.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 8:35 PM

Quote:

Deluxe will lose their Rothesay Ave location to the overpass. I wonder if they plan on reopening either location.
What overpass project is this?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 9:16 PM

I found these photos on twitter of the construction progress of The Wentworth and Telegraph Square. I love these perspectives because it gives you an idea of the scale of the buildings. I’ve tried to photograph both of these sites but I find it hard to do because of how dense uptown is.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 9:29 PM
ハルウララ

Both are such great infill projects. Great to see.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 3:30 PM

Scaffolding up at 61 King St (Cowie & Son building). Are they finally fixing the boarded up windows and ruined brickwork?

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Scaffolding up at 61 King St (Cowie & Son building). Are they finally fixing the boarded up windows and ruined brickwork?
On the city’s watch us grow app it only shows a permit to install scaffolding on the sidewalk but they must doing something.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 10:05 PM

Ariel view of The Wentworth- The scale of this project is impressive, I’m looking forward to seeing its mark on the skyline.

Photo credit: Instagram @four_props_and_a_camera

Old Posted Oct 10, 2020, 3:08 PM

The Atlantic now has a sign on site with the rendering
Didn’t get a good look at it as I was driving by

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 2:30 PM

Here’s a look at The Atlantic’s rendering. I took this picture at night obviously but hopefully you’re able to make out details.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces