HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 2:11 AM

Well thats good news for Caribou! Hopefully they can make it happen. Also the Solar farm in Big River has apparently cleared the EIA.

Wonder if Michaud Petroleum would be interested in the old bulk property. Next to the tracks, same used as before.... they are the only ones who come to mind who could be interested in such a property and are looking to build a facility.

Lots of things in the works for Belledune, it just takes one shovel in the ground and it will bring others. All the infrastructure is there and the village has money to build whatever would be missing!

By wallboard you mean drywall?

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 1:05 AM

Its actually wall panel. I guess a new concept to construction which is suppose to be a lot faster and cheaper. Kind of neat.
https://www.ajndevelopment.com/wall-panels

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 1:33 AM

They will be able to ship by rail straight from that area, it will help to recoup some of the traffic lost by the closure of the smelter.

Do you have a timeframe on that project?

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 1:41 PM

No. Doesn't seem to be much detail yet. I did see survey crews on that property a few weeks ago though.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/max-104-9...obs-1.12564232

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 5:52 PM

Wow that one flew right past me lol thats good news! 40 jobs plus probably 10 or so spin off jobs, we will take that any day!

What piece of property are they referring to? Been looking on snb and not much sold other than two strips next to the sawmill.

Belledune town Meeting on the 15th of june talks about the possibility of a second lot, not sure if they are creating a second lot or potential sale of another lot

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 10:06 AM

Oh, ya it would be good for sure.
If you are familiar with the area, it looks like the lot at the end of Restigouche street to the left. Just next to the rail siding. That is were I seen surveyors a few times. I noticed the lots you seen that were sold next to the sawmill. I wonder if those are the other lots they are referring to that they need to extend Restigouche Street for?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 1:41 PM

Either they where sold for that reason or the fields where sold for farming, only time will tell.

If I was the port, i would buy the shunter from the smelter if its not already gone, if everyone uses that spur, it could become crowded.

Have you heard anything on the Arianne-Phosphate project? Its still listed on the website but been pretty quiet.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 11:33 PM

The little engine is still at the smelter. Actually they having been shipping acid and concentrate lately. Not much. Probably cleaning out what is left.

Never heard anything on Arianne lately, I think the mine needs to progress farther to be able to invest in an acid plant. But I wonder if the loss of the smelter will effect the project since they will lose a big supply of cheap sulfuric acid. Hopefully the port will pick up the acid tanks, pipeline to wharf and rail loading/unloading facilities. Maybe they can market import/export of acid but I think Norfalco (Glencore sub) has a big part of the acid market.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 12:43 PM

Yes the mine will need to start shipping out product first. They had planned to import a quantity of acid anyways as they would of needed more than what the smelter would of produced.

Yes there is still a quantity of product to process at the smelter, heard that there is a possibility that they hire contractors passed a certain date to process what is left.

And I agree, the port should get his hands on as many assets as they can

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 4:21 PM

From the CCD website:

LUMBER PLANT EXPANSION & RENOVATION

Located in Doaktown, this project (JD Irving) estimated at $35,000,000 is in unknown (approval) stage. Works concern a 14,000 sq ft expansion, renovation, and equipment upgrades for a manufacturing facility. It is slated to begin in Summer 2020, with completion slated for Spring 2021.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2020, 1:09 PM

Good for Doaktown! Not often you see good news like that in that area!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2020, 1:06 PM

Few news from the Bathurst area.

Belledune; CCD shows that another pellets holding warehouse might be on its way. This would be the 3rd one.

Nigadoo; Chez Boudreau has a sizeable expansion going on. Also some more appartments are going up on Du Moulin street.

Big River; Expansion going on at Big River Sports.

Bathurst; The land that Pabineau First Nation has acquired on Vanier should see some action next year, gas station, commercial space and possibly a gaming centre.

Slow year on the retail side (Covid sucks) but a few things here and there are moving along

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 2:17 PM

Few interesting sales in Bathurst.

All the pieces of land from the 2015 downtown fire have been sold.

The old purolator lot in the industrial park has been sold.

The old Sermax at the corner of Evangeline and St-Anne has also been sold.

A large piece of land between the hospital and the highway has also been sold recently.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2020, 1:50 PM

Few things from Bathurst and area

Local Nicholson wholesalers has a sign at the old sermax, this will be a way better location for them for visibility.

The old IGA in Beresford has recently sold.

Caribou mines is hoping to re-open now that the price of minerals have gone up, good news before Christmas!

Hopefully 2021 will bring a much needed positive boost to the Chaleur region!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 8:40 PM

Federal funding approve for the new Caraquet arena ( total cost 15 millions ) The mayor hopes for it to begin in spring I think it's going to be place where the centre de plain air is , next to the highschool close to bike trail , cross crounty skiing and the hockey rink

https://www.acadienouvelle.com/actua...eral-confirme/

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 11:18 PM

That was a long time coming but glad to finally see it take off! Hopefully they will build it with multiple use in mind, this could help bring larger crowds to shows during the Festival Acadien if they move the more popular shows there.

All in all good for the Caraquet area!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2020, 3:09 PM

A few news from Edmundston.

The old Edfrex/Colabor building on St George avenue has been sold, been acquired by a Quebec company, some kind of food processing would go here.

Also Giant Tiger would be possible in the near future at Grey Rock but a new building would have to be built first.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 10:50 PM

The Acadie Nouvelle is reporting that the former smurfit stone property in Bathurst could have new owner or owners. According to the owner, there are talks between an investor and a group of investors for the sale of the property.

Hopefully someone with a proven track record takes on the property, it has been 15 years that its been sitting idle.

We did see a gas station and an office building built on the parking part of the property but more development would be nice.

Think the current owner is motivated to sell.

https://www.acadienouvelle.com/actua...smurfit-stone/

Old Posted Jan 8, 2021, 7:04 PM

CCD is showing Pabineau First Nation gas bar and strip mall phase one on the side bar, guess there will be movement this summer on their land in Bathurst.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2021, 6:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good news for Bathurst!

Quote:
VANCOUVER, BC, Jan. 15, 2021 /CNW/ - Trevali Mining Corporation ("Trevali" or the "Company") (TSX: TV) (BVL: TV) (OTCQX: TREVF) (Frankfurt: 4TI) today announced the planned restart of operations at its Caribou mine near Bathurst, New Brunswick. The mine has been on a care and maintenance program since March 2020.

With the implementation of several operational and commercial enhancements, as well as improved zinc market conditions, the Company expects to return to mining in early February 2021, with first payable zinc production expected by the end of March 2021.

Ricus Grimbeek, Trevali's President and CEO stated, "Our team has worked diligently to reduce the overall cost structure of the Caribou mine, and I am pleased that we are in a position to restart mine operations in a manner that we expect will generate positive cash flow. Our initial two-year plan includes several enhancements which are designed to improve the mine's economics, including the involvement of a contracted mining operator and the entry into fixed-pricing arrangements for a significant portion of the mine's forecasted production. We have benefited from the engagement of the provincial government, and with the recall of employees and the restart of production we look forward to being a more significant part of the New Brunswick economy. Looking ahead, we will continue to study the potential to extend our initial mine plan, as well as explore further potential in the Bathurst mining camp."
https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...800457677.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces