HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > General Discussion

Old Posted May 14, 2009, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Sometimes I just wake up, have a delicious cup of coffee, go for a nice bike ride, come home and have a fantastic beer and just want to blow my brains out.
Wait!! Medical marijuana can help with that!

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 1:39 AM

So why don't they include murder? They show violent crime....but why isn't murder...and high murder rates counted as a sign of unhappiness?

Suicide thing is the weather....that has been noted for years....and years.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 3:25 PM

As for weather all you have to do is drive eastbound for 90 miles & you're almost certain to find sunnier environs. I don't understand why people feel so trapped.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 6:03 PM

Quote:
As for weather all you have to do is drive eastbound for 90 miles & you're almost certain to find sunnier environs. I don't understand why people feel so trapped.
No car, for one thing. That's a mostly happy choice that I make, and I wouldn't exactly say that I feel trapped, except maybe on the very worst days when riding my bike sounds awful... kind of like this morning... and then I find myself fantasizing about living in a truly walkable city with a killer transit system. I can't remember the last time I got in a car and drove 90 miles for anything.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 8:12 PM

I am going to assume most people that kill themselves as a result of the weather have some form of access to transportation. As for the people that don't have that option...they probably lack a wealth of other options in life as well & probably have much more working against them than the daily forecast. Just my 2 cents.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > General Discussion