HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 6:27 PM

I think I recall hearing about this a month or so ago. Awesome location!!!!!

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 6:54 PM

City of Phoenix is planning to restore the former 'Crippled Children's Hospital' at 18th St./Garfield. Not clear to me what the planned use is other than "classrooms and offices." But the renderings look nice, and I like that they are investing in that area of town and proactively looking to preserve pieces of Phoenix history before they're on the chopping block.

Rezoning Packet:
https://www.phoenix.gov/pddsite/Docu...PZ/Z-21-20.pdf

Current state:
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4577...7i16384!8i8192

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 8:22 PM

The empty lot just north is slated for affordable housing, Edison something, I forgot the official name but it’s fenced off

If you’re interested more in this area, the Edison Park/EastLake Neighborhood check out this link from Phoenix.Gov. They envision what they hope to build in the upcoming years, regarding housing, green space, street improvements, etc. Even aN overhead rendering of the 18th/Roosevelt apartment building on page #12 and again on 70-72. .

https://www.phoenix.gov/housingsite/...Plan_FINAL.pdf

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Did we know about this one? I know there some projects proposed for the Eastlake Neighborhood but this one doesn't sound familiar...

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ltifamily.html

Blast from the past! Lincoln and Emily Ragsdale - in my graduating class at Saguaro High School. When I knew them - they were living up in Clearwater Hills. Umpteen million years ago. Phoenix/Scottsdale was so much different then. Not all that crazy about what has become of Scottsdale. Wasn't close friends with them - but, remember Lincoln being an easy going - nice guy. Emily was sweet. Maybe, we were all like that - in our safety cocoon of high school. I know I was sure naïve.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 7:39 PM
Modulator

And in development news that is nothing less than a miracle, Toll Brothers has officially broken ground on Thomas and Central! Mass construction equipment is onsite and the dirt is being leveled, flags getting setup, etc.

I am now convinced that if this can break ground, Phoenix can pull off anything that is proposed!

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
And in development news that is nothing less than a miracle, Toll Brothers has officially broken ground on Thomas and Central! Mass construction equipment is onsite and the dirt is being leveled, flags getting setup, etc.

I am now convinced that if this can break ground, Phoenix can pull off anything that is proposed!

Sounds about right, par for the course that is 2020

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 8:33 PM

Quote:

Can you remind me please why we're so excited for this one? Isn't it 5-story apartments? I hope I'm wrong/missing something here!

When I initially read your note i thought you were talking about the massive project proposed for Central and Indian School.... I knew that would be too good to be true!

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 8:52 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Can you remind me please why we're so excited for this one? Isn't it 5-story apartments? I hope I'm wrong/missing something here!

When I initially read your note i thought you were talking about the massive project proposed for Central and Indian School.... I knew that would be too good to be true!
It's been in limbo for like 3 years and like the umpteenth time Toll Brothers has proposed something there and never built it. No one thought it was ever going to move. And yes, 5 floors sucks, but it is more added/needed density to the area, so I'll take it.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 8:52 PM
Skyriser

Toll Brothers had owned this lot since 2006 and proposed apartments for it many years ago. The glacial pace led us to believe it would never happen.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post

Nobody is excited we are just amazed toll brothers finally started doing something after all this time

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 6:17 PM

Took a walk around the neighborhood this morning.

Grading at Toll Brothers in full swing.

Pics of Novel (3rd St. and Earll)

http://imgur.com/gallery/xQId2sk

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 9:43 PM

Crazy to see 4 soon to be 5 cranes in Midtown of all places.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Crazy to see 4 soon to be 5 cranes in Midtown of all places.
Actually 5 now; The Apartments at Central and Clarendon, Novel, Creighton, Millennium and St. Joes. Could be 6 if Toll Brothers goes up before Creighton comes down.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
Actually 5 now; The Apartments at Central and Clarendon, Novel, Creighton, Millennium and St. Joes. Could be 6 if Toll Brothers goes up before Creighton comes down.
And let's not forget a couple more if The Central Park ever gets moving

Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 12:21 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Does St. Joe's have a crane up? I am also curious if Creighton's will come down yet? This is a 2 phase project and they built the tower crane higher than they needed and in-between the footprints of both buildings. The 2nd building was originally proposed to be 11 floors which would be about right for the current crane height. So I'm wondering...

Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Does St. Joe's have a crane up? I am also curious if Creighton's will come down yet? This is a 2 phase project and they built the tower crane higher than they needed and in-between the footprints of both buildings. The 2nd building was originally proposed to be 11 floors which would be about right for the current crane height. So I'm wondering...
Yes St. Joe has a crane but its hard to see from many angles cause its short, I imagine Creighton will be down soon but the 2nd building as far As I remember wont be built for a couple years

The apartments at park central have a long way to go, and they do have preliminary plans for a generic Hotel north of Earl so we may have that start sooner rather than later.

As of now we still dont have any known plans for additional office buildings but based on Skysong I wouldn't be surprised to see some mid-level Office buildings built on the remaining parking lots at park central over the next decade.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
My pic of the St. Joes' crane.

http://imgur.com/gallery/HuxBlG7

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 3:33 AM
Skyriser

This went under the radar but 44 Camelback was approved with 59' + rooftop uses.

http://www.arcadianews.com/local_new...a5d7ae95a.html

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Novel came down a few ago

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 12:09 AM

Deck Park Vista RFP Proposals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
https://ktar.com/story/3161277/phoen...Vc2X-ChWr9ZdCE

First time we’ve seen a rendering for the new Deck Park Vista Apartments. From what I heard earlier, I thought it was planned to be a tower.
Allright, I guess the City of Phoenix - Housing Department finally got with the times and decided to scan the proposals and send them to me in PDF. Of course the city decided to go with the shortest and shittiest proposal of all LOL I am a fan of the Gorman proposal...

As a reminder, NAC was the winning RFP:

NAC - 5 stories, 201 units
Synergy - 8 stories at 90', 429 units
Gorman & Co - 7 stories at 79', 264 units

Synergy -

Gorman & Co -

Here is the link to my Google Drive housing all 3 proposals: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...me?usp=sharing

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Jul 9, 2020 at 12:24 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest