HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc9258 View Post
Why don't I see the Four Seasons Nashville on the Diagrams section for Nashville? It is well on its' way of under construction!:???
Half the proposed or under constructions are missing. It would take substantial artwork and time to get it back right. I suspect it’s too far behind to get caught up. You have to have artists wiling to do the drawings.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 1:24 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
Half the proposed or under constructions are missing. It would take substantial artwork and time to get it back right. I suspect it’s too far behind to get caught up. You have to have artists wiling to do the drawings.
Yeah, there is a huge chunk of the Nashville skyline missing from the diagrams, but like you said, it just depends on what the independent artists feel like drawing. It's not like there is some requirement that every building be represented there. Many of the artists are from outside of The United States, so Nashville development probably isn't even on their radar at all.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 2:35 PM
Space Magi

It's not too difficult to get the database updated with entries for new buildings, it just takes some time and patience, but drawings are another story. I've been trying to get drawings for the SLC diagram for at least a year now.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 2:30 AM

Is there a legal way to simply digitally cut the buildings from a good rendering and paste them into the diagrams page?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 5:59 PM

Oracle announced today that they will build its Southeastern Hub campus at River North on the East Bank of the Cumberland River. Their move here will bring 8500 jobs at the company in 1.2 million s.f. across multiple midrise buildings. Another 11,500 ancilliary jobs will be created and 10,000 temporary construction jobs over its 10-year buildout. Additionally, Oracle will build the infrastructure on their 60-acre campus, including a meandering river and a pedestrian bridge over the Cumberland connecting their campus with the city's Germantown neighborhood north of Capitol Hill.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...th/7210950002/

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...ouncement.html

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...s-to-nashville

Apartment tower construction will no doubt start cranking up again, especially on the East Bank. The Gibson Residences Tower and the Hensler condominium tower at Peabody Commons adjacent to the Korean Veterans bridge are already about to start. It's likely we'll see another 2-3 towers announced east of the river before the end of the year.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 7:30 PM
Nashville born and raised

[QUOTE=Texcitement;9248832]Oracle announced today that they will build its Southeastern Hub campus at River North on the East Bank of the Cumberland River. Their move here will bring 8500 jobs at the company in 1.2 million s.f. across multiple midrise buildings. Another 11,500 ancilliary jobs will be created and 10,000 temporary construction jobs over its 10-year buildout. Additionally, Oracle will build the infrastructure on their 60-acre campus, including a meandering river and a pedestrian bridge over the Cumberland connecting their campus with the city's Germantown neighborhood north of Capitol Hill.

In relation to the River North Development;

That's 20,000 IT jobs.

The conceptual campus:

EDIT: Adding a revised slide;

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 16, 2021 at 9:51 PM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 7:51 PM

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:04 PM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 8:32 PM

While I am happy to see Nashville building at a steady pace, I must say that the way some of these buildings meet the street is pretty unfortunate. Why does every new glass office tower have to have sterile, generic looking storefronts? Would it kill these developers to have their architects jazz things up a little?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchTheSky13 View Post
While I am happy to see Nashville building at a steady pace, I must say that the way some of these buildings meet the street is pretty unfortunate. Why does every new glass office tower have to have sterile, generic looking storefronts? Would it kill these developers to have their architects jazz things up a little?

Maybe the people and companies who are moving into those buildings aren't worrying about something as trivial as "meet the street".

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 12:12 AM
BANNED

Those Amazon buildings are pretty lame, but it's still great to see all of the construction in N'Ville!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 1:21 AM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Oracle announced today that they will build its Southeastern Hub campus at River North on the East Bank of the Cumberland River. Their move here will bring 8500 jobs at the company in 1.2 million s.f. across multiple midrise buildings. Another 11,500 ancilliary jobs will be created and 10,000 temporary construction jobs over its 10-year buildout. Additionally, Oracle will build the infrastructure on their 60-acre campus, including a meandering river and a pedestrian bridge over the Cumberland connecting their campus with the city's Germantown neighborhood north of Capitol Hill.

Apartment tower construction will no doubt start cranking up again, especially on the East Bank. The Gibson Residences Tower and the Hensler condominium tower at Peabody Commons adjacent to the Korean Veterans bridge are already about to start. It's likely we'll see another 2-3 towers announced east of the river before the end of the year.

Absolutely outstanding news!!!

Oracle-Nashville Project:

Current status: This is still "Proposed"...negotiations are still ongoing. However, things look quite positive!
Jobs by 2027: ~2,500
Jobs by 2041: ~8,500
Public Infrastructure Support: $175 million
Potential Overall Investment at Completion: $1.2 billion

*NOTE: Late last year, Larry Ellison made it public that he will allow most of his employees to work remotely. To this point, this flexible work policy has not been clarified by the company. How will this affect the population of a corporate campus is yet to be determined. There seems to be some confusion among Oracle employees about what is going on. What is happening to its California base? What's happening at its other hubs? And, now the Nashville project. Going to be interesting, indeed, how all of this works itself out.

Last edited by ILUVSAT; Apr 15, 2021 at 5:20 AM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 4:58 PM

Wink

Quote:
MidTenn1 knows how I feel about all of the blue glass buildings. It seems as if that all that is being built and it is getting a little bland. I was moaning about this on another forum we are on.
At least the JW Marriott has a little shape to it to make it interesting as will the new buildings being built by Girratana, but it is still blue glass.
Another issue is the fact there seems to be the 30 to 35 story self imposed height limit a lot of the developers have places upon themselves. Yes we have a couple of buildings that have popped 40 but barely.
No one seems to be able to do anything bold or unusual here and the curse is we have way too much available land to build on. I did some calculations a while back and just within a mile or so of the core there are about 500 acres of land that can be built on.
So it looks as if we are doomed to getting short blue buildings. Guess you can call us Smurfland for a whilehttps://skyscraperpage.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
Maybe the people and companies who are moving into those buildings aren't worrying about something as trivial as "meet the street".
As an architect, I can tell you that the way a building engages the street is anything but trivial. Good, well detailed storefronts add value to a building and command higher commercial rents. These leave a lot to be desired.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
MidTenn1 knows how I feel about all of the blue glass buildings. It seems as if that all that is being built and it is getting a little bland. I was moaning about this on another forum we are on.
At least the JW Marriott has a little shape to it to make it interesting as will the new buildings being built by Girratana, but it is still blue glass.
Another issue is the fact there seems to be the 30 to 35 story self imposed height limit a lot of the developers have places upon themselves. Yes we have a couple of buildings that have popped 40 but barely.
No one seems to be able to do anything bold or unusual here and the curse is we have way too much available land to build on. I did some calculations a while back and just within a mile or so of the core there are about 500 acres of land that can be built on.
So it looks as if we are doomed to getting short blue buildings. Guess you can call us Smurfland for a whilehttps://skyscraperpage.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif
This is like fiction writing.

The following are not glass buildings. HCA, HealthStream, LifeWay, Skyhouse, Broadstone, Cambria, Omni, Joseph, Drury, TriBrand, Margaritaville, Graduate, Hyatt Centric, Grand Hyatt, Endeaver, Thompson, 805, Albion, 908, LaQuinta, Haven, Modera, Alcove, 2006, Hampton, Embassy, 19th, Aertson, etc. That's at least 25 that were built or are under construction from the 2010s. I don't know how anyone could miss that.

If you don't like glass buildings then you don't like glass buildings. You don't have to make things up.

I get the sense that you're very angry no developer is building what you want them to build. The only thing anyone can say to that is they are going to build what they are going to build. Their job is to get a return on their investment for themselves and their investors with regards to their money, focus, energy, and time. Your gripes will fall on their deaf ears.

Last edited by cecilism; Apr 15, 2021 at 7:58 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 7:39 PM

Quote:
I hear you, but the renderings really don't do justice to the actual buildings. Some are pretty bland/cold at street level, and others are quite the opposite. For example, the 505 Church has a lobby that looks like an office building lobby. The 5+Broad apartment tower actually has a great street level activation, with several storefronts; not to mention the glorious Assembly Food Hall that's part of the development. The Gulch Union residential tower has a cold street level, but the Endeavor residential tower two blocks away on Broadway has a Whole Foods supermarket at the street level. A lot of the more recent mixed use buildings are stepping up their games with street activation. IMHO the Pinnacle office tower has a nice street level restaurant that comes alive in the evenings. Contrast to the Bridgestone office tower, which is a colossal disappointment. Fortunately, right next door is the Omni that has a great street front along 5th Avenue. The 222 Tower, which in my opinion is the blandest of blue glass buildings actually has some lively street level action at their two corners along Demonbreun. So it's hit-or-miss.

The one good thing about all the new blue glass downtown is that when the unique (non blue glass) buildings finally do come on line, the blue glass buildings will be lost in the background. They already sort of fade out of view when looking at downtown from a distance. It will go out of fashion in time, and then whatever replaces it will probably be overdone as well. There's already a prominent downtown building that isn't blue glass, and it's 805 Lea. So for those who get a little sick of the blue glass (I do too sometimes), I like to remind myself those buildings sure beat the vacant parking lots they replaced.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post

I counted the glass buildings that you erroneously say are the only ones getting built and I counted 14. 14 glass buildings as opposed to over 25 non glass buildings. This makes your statement even more erroneous. Wow! How could you make such an error?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 12:12 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
I counted the glass buildings that you erroneously say are the only ones getting built and I counted 14. 14 glass buildings as opposed to over 25 non glass buildings. This makes your statement even more erroneous. Wow! How could you make such an error?
I assume he's probably primarily referring to the truly significant towers that really stand out on the skyline, in which case, he'd be right. Many of those are of the 'blue glass brick' variety, which, I agree, aren't generally all that interesting or stimulating in terms of design.

Nashvilleron, welcome, and I hope you stick around! Please don't mind cecilism... To answer the question you're likely thinking, yes, he actually is always this ornery.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Apr 17, 2021, 12:07 AM

Capping off a big week with another tower announcement.,

Courtesy of the Nashville Post, Tony Giarratana is proposing a 610' tower on the western edge of the Korean Veterans Blvd, 8th Ave S, and Lafayette St roundabout.

Source: Nashville Post

Two other developments are proposed at the KVB Roundabout.

Circle South on the southern edge of the roundabout, fronting 8th Ave S and Lafayette Street.

Source:Nashville Post

A two tower luxury hotel / condo / apartment development that fronts Lafayette and Korean Veterans Blvd on the eastern edge of the roundabout:

Source: Nashville Post

If all comes to fruition, the KVB roundabout will be looking really nice in about four years.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2021, 12:24 AM

Tony G's proposal is only 7' shy of the current tallest (with spires)?! He seems like the type of developer who would relish the idea of having the tallest building in Nashville.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2021, 1:41 AM

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:04 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations