HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Does anyone know if this will have below grade parking?
Yes, 47 parking spaces, entrance will be in the rear of the building, ramp down to below grade.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2020, 10:02 PM

Demo and drilling well underway, the Chinese restaurant building is nearly gone.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2020, 2:47 AM

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 5:34 PM

Some tidbits about this in the article below. Nothing major.

Don’t count out office buildings yet. Philly developers push ahead with new, pandemic-resistant designs

Read more here:
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20201117.html

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 6:32 PM

Foundation Work Starts At 2222 Market Street

Read more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2020/11/foun...city-west.html

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 7:56 PM

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 8:24 PM

Very excited about this building! I use to work on 21st and Market and hated all of the parking lots in this area. Does anyone have an idea of when we will start to see this rising above the ground level?

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 8:48 PM

Well, they only have to dig one level down. They could be at ground level before or by Spring

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 3:13 PM

Drove past this yesterday and was surprised how far along it was. Caught me off guard.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 8:19 PM

MFL stop at 20th

The city/Septa should try and get an El stop around here at all costs. There's lot of empty lots around here which public transportation could help grow. I know the El tracks run inside of the trolley tracks making it very difficult but surely there has to be a way. Maybe the trolley tracks can be moved between their stations at 22nd and 19th and have an El stop at 20th? If not I think the trolley should just stop at 30th and have the El take over stops at 19th and 22nd. The El being connected to the business district is more important than the trolley going to 13th St.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 8:33 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_ View Post
The city/Septa should try and get an El stop around here at all costs. There's lot of empty lots around here which public transportation could help grow. I know the El tracks run inside of the trolley tracks making it very difficult but surely there has to be a way. Maybe the trolley tracks can be moved between their stations at 22nd and 19th and have an El stop at 20th? If not I think the trolley should just stop at 30th and have the El take over stops at 19th and 22nd. The El being connected to the business district is more important than the trolley going to 13th St.
Mcgrath should know about an el stop at 20th he had some links for the plans but who knows where those went.

20th definitely needs an el stop even if the trolley is still there 15th to 30th is 15 blocks plus the walk over the bridge, its not a short walk. its doable but this is the most built up area of the city.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 8:41 PM

Quote:
If not I think the trolley should just stop at 30th and have the El take over stops at 19th and 22nd. The El being connected to the business district is more important than the trolley going to 13th St.
The fact that the trolleys continue on to 13th Street is the only thing keeping them running at this point. It gives large swaths of West and Southwest Philadelphia direct access to Center City. In no reality would getting rid of trolley tunnel be a good thing.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 8:44 PM

Quote:
This.
I proposed this some time last year. It seems like a no-brainer. it's way more important for the financial district to be served by the MFL than the trolley lines. Trolleys are a west philly thing, so just have them terminate at 30th street, where transfer to the MFL is available.
There would be a little bit of construction involved with having the MFL take over the trolley stations at 19th and 22nd, but not much. Would have to put a raised platform over the trolley tracks to get to where the MFL trains are, but not like constructing a whole new station from scratch.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
The fact that the trolleys continue on to 13th Street is the only thing keeping them running at this point. It gives large swaths of West and Southwest Philadelphia direct access to Center City. In no reality would getting rid of trolley tunnel be a good thing.
I doubt it would be the death knell of the trolleys to have people transfer at 30th street to continue to center city. and if it is, if the service is so fragile that its existence rests on this one thing, then maybe it's not worth saving. but I don't think it's the case.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 9:23 PM

Is there room at 30th St for a trolley loop to send them back out westward though?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 10:47 PM

I think the best option would be to sink the trolley tracks around 20th since there is no station there and have that be the platform for the El. Or vice verse, sink the el tracks and have the station underneath the trolley tracks

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 10:59 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Shidd Keep the trolley aswell let that be overflow protection when the el is packed.

There is nothing wrong with multiple modes and that area needs to be correctly served by the EL the trolley did well for the time but now its time for an upgrade.

The city needs to expand or create new stops for the current subway slowly expanding it and then expanding the trolley to areas where the subway/el does not go. Thus creating a working system of Bus, Trolley, Subway, Car and Bike.

Let the modes work together one is NOT KING.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2021, 5:41 AM

An El stop at 20th Street has been talked about a lot by both city and SEPTA officials. It's gonna take quite some doing. I give it about a 40% chance of ever materializing.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2021, 5:55 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
An El stop at 20th Street has been talked about a lot by both city and SEPTA officials. It's gonna take quite some doing. I give it about a 40% chance of ever materializing.
How much money would Septa need to complete all black logged orders and maintenance. Then add new stops/improve transit?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2021, 6:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
How much money would Septa need to complete all black logged orders and maintenance. Then add new stops/improve transit?
I think you're thinking about this a bit wrong. SEPTA applies for grants on an ad hoc basis, meaning that they might apply for a grant to install a 20th St Station before, say, getting the money to repair the NHSL tracks.

Regardless, billions.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive