HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Jul 10, 2008, 5:45 PM

Post Halifax Developments List & Map

HALIFAX DEVELOPMENT COMPILATION LIST

List Deleted Due to Lack of Maintenance since 2018.

For a list of construction sites in Halifax please visit; HalifaxDevelopments.ca - Projects We're Following

Last edited by Dmajackson; Dec 26, 2023 at 4:03 AM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2008, 6:14 PM
Salty Town

Good thread.............

Old Posted Jul 10, 2008, 7:38 PM
You talkin' to me?

deleted

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 12:50 AM

Thanks. I'm curious did i put the height to high or something i always thught there were more buildings going up above 50m....

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 1:19 AM

Well UG is theoretically 2 towers, and Kings Wharf may have as many as seven 50m ~150 ft towers. Add to this a number of 12 story developments, there are quite a lot.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 2:11 AM

Sorry, never mind.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 4:39 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

I think this list is more or less complete but this is a lot for a city the size of Halifax, and realistically I don't think we can expect more than a few of these to actually be under construction at any given time.

Personally I don't care that much about highrises specifically and mainly just prefer projects that stitch together or improve upon the urban fabric. Unique architectural contributions are also important.

In the taller building category I think both United Gulf and International Place would bring about major improvements to the urban fabric and would generally give the downtown a more updated feel.

I also have high hopes for the Salter Street waterfront development, which I hope starts soon.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I think this list is more or less complete but this is a lot for a city the size of Halifax, and realistically I don't think we can expect more than a few of these to actually be under construction at any given time.

Personally I don't care that much about highrises specifically and mainly just prefer projects that stitch together or improve upon the urban fabric. Unique architectural contributions are also important.

In the taller building category I think both United Gulf and International Place would bring about major improvements to the urban fabric and would generally give the downtown a more updated feel.

I also have high hopes for the Salter Street waterfront development, which I hope starts soon.
I rather see all the projects, regardless of height as it truly shows the economic development we are seeing in Halifax.

That being said, i've heard a rumour that the Salter Street is in jepordy and is questionable now.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 4:13 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Well, leased, sold, and under construction projects reflect economic development. Proposals are just proposals.

We've seen plenty of construction in the last few years but nothing along the lines of Unite Gulf etc. I really hope one of them gets off the ground soon. It seems a little unusual that we've heard so little news about either UG or the Salter development.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 4:28 PM

I think I'm going to lower the height to 10 floors and/or 30m because there are a lot more developments going on that are helping the "urban fabric" and densifacation. Does anyone know any recently completed projects fitting this criteria? Is Armoury Square complete yet?

Last edited by Dmajackson; Jul 11, 2008 at 4:50 PM.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 5:37 PM
we built this city

No, Armoury Square is not yet complete, they are taking forever finishing parts of the brickwork and no railings are in place. Its close, but not quite there... one of my fav developments U/C, I love how it fills in the space around the north end of the commons. I think that Armoury Villa has potential, but we'll have to see.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 5:50 PM

How about St. James Place and Gladstone Ridge? THey looked complete the last time i was around them...

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 6:46 PM
Closed account

St. James is renting already...or at least they have a sign out front that says so.

One of the two Gladstone towers is complete and has had people living there for some time. I'm not sure of the exact progress on the second, but it is very very close to completion if it is not done already. They are still working on the smaller building on the site.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2008, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrenic View Post
St. James is renting already...or at least they have a sign out front that says so.

One of the two Gladstone towers is complete and has had people living there for some time. I'm not sure of the exact progress on the second, but it is very very close to completion if it is not done already. They are still working on the smaller building on the site.
I'll put St. James Place as complete and leave Gladstone as is for now. Most of the smaller building was complete when i was around last week. My grandmother is renting a place in the small building and they told her she could move in on July 31st so I'll list Gladstone as complete when she moves in.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2008, 6:50 PM

I've added new columns in each section:

Proposed: PM will mean public meeting and I'll put the date, PH will mean public hearing

Approved: expected ground-breaking on project

U/C: expected completion date

Complete: completion date (after six months the project will be removed from the list).

I'm not aware of any public hearings/meetings for now and I'm not sure on some other dates so if I'm wrong or you know the date please post it here or p.m. me.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 12:00 AM

I'm pretty sure there is a public hearing for the Bayers Road development sometime in August.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 12:39 AM
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliguy View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a public hearing for the Bayers Road development sometime in August.
There is, on August 12th.

Somehow I think theres going to be some strong opinions on it (however unjustified they are).

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 1:05 AM

I added it. I had a look on the Halifax website and its only for the MPS ammendments right now i dont think its on the building itself

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 5:56 PM

The SGR revitalization made me look through the sections again so I've decided to add a new section for HRM initiatives.

Once again if i forgot any please tell me, and please no car-oriented initiatives (like Chebucto Road).

Old Posted Jul 28, 2008, 3:31 AM
we built this city

Comprehensive Listing of Development Applications:

http://www.halifax.ca/planning/Addit...lications.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth