HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 4, 2019, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainless View Post
730' is tall enough to make a significant impact on the skyline from quite a distance away. You will be able to see it from multiple vantage points all across metro Atlanta.
I don't think anyone is disappointed with a 730' tower on the skyline (the Westin is 723'), and are happy the tower may very well be going vertical. The issue is that Curbed and other publications continue using a rendering which shows a 920' tower instead of a 730' tower. A tower a few feet shorter than BofA Plaza vs. a tower the size of the Westin Ptree Plaza. Both are welcome, but the renderings in the articles should be updated to show what is actually planned for the site.

Bring on Opus2. It will be a nice addition to the skyline!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2019, 6:22 PM

The reason the wrong rendering is being used is because the developer is still showing the taller version on their website. THEY need to fix their error or false advertising honestly.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
Hmm.. you may be right for the Atlanta market. I work at an architecture firm in SF and this is what is typical for new developments here.
This is the weirdest attempt at a flex I've ever encountered... "my floor heights are bigger than yours" I'm crying LMAOooohhhh

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pica View Post
This is the weirdest attempt at a flex I've ever encountered... "my floor heights are bigger than yours" I'm crying LMAOooohhhh
I didn’t read it like that at all. I imagine price per sq foot and construction costs play a role in ceiling height but he was saying SF had similar heights to that of ATL so I don’t see how there was any hidden agenda in their statement.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pica View Post
Not a "flex" at all.. Just trying to communicate (or pinpoint) why I think my typical floor to floor assumptions were off. Thanks!

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 2:21 AM

Midtown is currently 57% of all office construction in the MSA, and is about to blow past Buckhead in sub market square footage

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 12:13 PM

Ha, it will be a cold day in hell before they blow past perimeter market square footage.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
Not a "flex" at all.. Just trying to communicate (or pinpoint) why I think my typical floor to floor assumptions were off. Thanks!
Never took it that way-- just as an observation. Yes-- I work in architecture as well-- the floor to floor assumptions are pretty much true everywhere in the country, though there is a trend towards higher floor to floors in offices-- say 14', but 12'-6" is still optimal--

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
Ha, it will be a cold day in hell before they blow past perimeter market square footage.
Of course you do realize that the Perimeter market is several times the physical size of Midtown (or Downtown for that matter) right?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 3:03 PM

Quote:
It’ll probably be just as long before Perimeter is a decent place to live.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by username123 View Post
it’ll probably be just as long before perimeter is a decent place to live.
lol

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. Assuming this is the data source: http://www.cushmanwakefield.com/~/me...ice_Q22019.pdf Perimeter currently has 22,155,880 sq. ft. with Midtown at 18,384,743 sq ft. However while Perimeter has 345,642 sq. ft. under construction Midtown has 2,953,000 sq. ft. Midtown would close the gap to a little over 1 million sq. ft. based on those numbers, only around 5% behind Perimeter.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 3:28 PM

If Cousins kicked off the WPT tower soon, the difference between Perimeter and midtown would be less than 325,000 SFT. I wonder if the under construction includes the new Colony Square building at 16th? That’s another 150,000 SF breaking ground.

What about Midtown Union? That went under construction in the 3rd quarter! Add that and I think Midtown would surpass Perimeter Center actually.

Another thought with the growth in West Midtown and now Marietta Blvd, how long before it is broken out as a separate sub market? I can see it becoming West Midtown/Marietta Blvd. With direct access into Smyrna/285/southern Cumberland office parks along with the strong residential growth that area will develop into a big office market over the next 10-15 years I think. I can foresee office towers sprouting up Marietta St downtown to 285 vía Marietta Blvd just like they currently line PTree from downtown to Lenox.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Last edited by Atlriser; Oct 9, 2019 at 3:46 PM.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 3:41 PM

Quote:

the perimeter submarket covers a wider land area than midtown, downtown and buckhead combined (in some reports at least, where i've seen the figure as high as 40m for perimeter)

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
the perimeter submarket covers a wider land area than midtown, downtown and buckhead combined (in some reports at least, where i've seen the figure as high as 40m for perimeter)
It seems to me they have split Perimeter over the past few years. The market has developed enough that’s its Perimeter, 400 North and now I’ve even seen 400 North being split into submarkets by some as the market continues to grow at certain nodes of focus.....Avalon, Halcyon, etc.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 5:32 PM

14th and Spring Street

There appears to be soiling test happening today!! I noticed a few trucks onsite from my window.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 7:35 PM

Quote:
However while Perimeter has 345,642 sq. ft. under construction Midtown has 2,953,000 sq. ft. Midtown would close the gap to a little over 1 million sq. ft. based on those numbers, only around 5% behind Perimeter.
Closing that gap would be an interesting development. I spoke with a couple of Anthem employees in Alpharetta who are being relocated to midtown. On the other hand, State Farm alone must be adding a couple million square feet in Perimeter. At least two other large office buildings are going up in near proximity to State Farm.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNice View Post
14th and Spring Street

There appears to be soiling test happening today!! I noticed a few trucks onsite from my window.
Had to do some driving/walking around midtown earlier today and WOW it's smoking hot. Already so massively different than 2 years ago and just wait another 18-24 months when all these projects that have broken ground in the last 6 months or so are wrapping up. Stunning transformation.

Does anyone know if 903 Peachtree is moving forward? I saw a pic of a dumpster and some demolition on-site from a week or two ago but not sure if there's actual movement

https://whatnowatlanta.com/903-peach...oodle-bezoria/

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNice View Post
14th and Spring Street

Been waiting for this one to get started. It'll create even more density in the area.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Had to do some driving/walking around midtown earlier today and WOW it's smoking hot. Already so massively different than 2 years ago and just wait another 18-24 months when all these projects that have broken ground in the last 6 months or so are wrapping up. Stunning transformation.

Does anyone know if 903 Peachtree is moving forward? I saw a pic of a dumpster and some demolition on-site from a week or two ago but not sure if there's actual movement

https://whatnowatlanta.com/903-peach...oodle-bezoria/
T Mobile moved out of there and opened down the street now and the rest looks mostly empty, Noodle/Bezoria may still be open, but nothing official looking yet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations