HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deguzman10 View Post
Permits were pulled? I thought they said that they are starting construction now, without permits they can't build yeah?
Nvm, Ben just confirmed construction will begin in a few weeks VIA his twitter. This is exciting, new units and buildings for the Commons. Hopefully this is a sign of a growing residential market downtown and if the market and economy holds maybe those skyscraper condo high rises will become a maybe and not just a vision.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Nvm, Ben just confirmed construction will begin in a few weeks VIA his twitter. This is exciting, new units and buildings for the Commons. Hopefully this is a sign of a growing residential market downtown and if the market and economy holds maybe those skyscraper condo high rises will become a maybe and not just a vision.
If construction does start in a few weeks, can someone refresh my memory what that would entail for this project?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachornet View Post
If construction does start in a few weeks, can someone refresh my memory what that would entail for this project?
The mid-rise portion of this project below. The towers would (hopefully) eventually be a phase 2.

Source: SacBee.com
https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...xDMR.So.4.jpeg

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 2:56 AM

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 8:19 PM

Activity at 730 I Street

Planning activity at 730 I Street:

A request to subdivide one lot into three lots to construct a 94.5 foot high mid-rise hotel with 179 rooms and ground floor lobby and retail space. This requires a director level hearing for tentative map and site plan and design review due to existing building on mid-century survey.

https://sacramento.civicinsight.com/...number=z18_224

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistola916 View Post
If you go to the project's website, you'll find new details on their proposal. No rendering yet
https://www.vanirtower.com/the-vision/
Check this out guys. I was going to check out the Vanir Tower site and it looks like the original website for the tower got taken down by the company. Do y'all think that this means that the company is close to releasing new concept renderings and a new website for the new project?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 7:04 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 5:18 PM

Vacant Lot next to Ice Blocks (16th Street)

Does anyone know what's going on with the vacant lot on 16th Street between the light rail line and the Ice Blocks building? I was driving by this morning and noticed they were doing some work on it, but I haven't heard of any proposals for this site.

Does anyone know who even owns that site?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Any interesting details from the article?

Also, doesn't D&S (Bay Miry) own the building next to this parking lot? Anyone remember what they proposed there?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachornet View Post
Does anyone know what's going on with the vacant lot on 16th Street between the light rail line and the Ice Blocks building? I was driving by this morning and noticed they were doing some work on it, but I haven't heard of any proposals for this site.

Does anyone know who even owns that site?
I would also be interested in this. A long time ago I remember they wanted to move the light rail station up a block and there were some offers to buy the lot to build housing and the owner/owners were saying NO! to everyone. I'm very curious now.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2018, 5:44 PM

^^^^
I know I read about both of the above topics but can't seem to find the articles. Does anyone else know what they plan for the two above sites?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 5:18 PM

Another project set to go
"Vantage Condominiums, a nine-story mixed-use project planned at 14th and N streets in downtown Sacramento, is set to begin construction next spring." (Sacramento biz journal)

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 5:25 PM

Did you guys catch this yesterday? What ever happened to that one Disney Imagineer the city hired to come up with recommendations a while back??

https://www.kcra.com/article/5-thing...oject/25463930

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
Did you guys catch this yesterday? What ever happened to that one Disney Imagineer the city hired to come up with recommendations a while back??

https://www.kcra.com/article/5-thing...oject/25463930

Hmm that's a good question.
I just hope they come up with a plan that dramatically changes the waterfront and makes it a true destination

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 9:55 PM

Walked by 731 k st today and scaffolding is up. Time for that building to get a makeover.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 11:07 PM

Ben van der Meer just posted on his twitter that he is looking into a 29 story high rise with total square footage up to 1.3 million sq ft. More news to come.

I’m thinking that this is either Vanir or Metropolitan. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 2:00 AM

^ Cool and thanks for the info j_deguzman10, 29fl sounds great and would be 340 feet-400 depending on a crown or other enhancement.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 5:37 AM

Quote:

I’m thinking that this is either Vanir or Metropolitan. Can’t wait to hear all about it!
Neither. Ben mentioned it’s planned for the river district.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 6:14 AM

29 Story Office Complex at River District

Great guys, it’s another office building that contains 1.3 million square ft of space (shoutout to pistola for pointing it out). How many more square footage of office space do we need? It’s just gonna compete with Tower 301. We need some residential density along the riverfront, not a bunch of office skyscrapers that will probably be taken up by state agencies.

I can see this turning into a US Bank and Bank of the West situation where the market builds too much office space and not enough residential space.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 6:39 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Ben van der Meer just posted on his twitter that he is looking into a 29 story high rise with total square footage up to 1.3 million sq ft. More news to come.

I wonder if it's the illusive Riverfront Tower that has shown up in renders from time to time, just west of the train station?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area