HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 23, 2020, 6:55 PM

During a lunch presentation last week, my company CFO touched upon the Nashville Yard. Said Amazon is looking to get into healthcare...congrats Nashville, looks like more jobs are heading that way.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
During a lunch presentation last week, my company CFO touched upon the Nashville Yard. Said Amazon is looking to get into healthcare...congrats Nashville, looks like more jobs are heading that way.
Amazon filed for an insurance license in 2018. Some insurance companies have been fighting their efforts to get into the insurance market.

Amazon already offers pharmacy services in the form of PillPack by Amazon.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 7:18 AM
Nashville born and raised

Tornado passing through downtown last night after midnight..

https://twitter.com/shamnadoes/statu...Q6AoDXKx1Jyk0k

A still from Sam Shamburger on the roof of the 25 story Skyhouse looking east toward downtown. No idea of damage extent yet, but at least one two story brick building was partially knocked down. No doubt daylight will reveal more.

More pictures from Daniel Alley Twitter in East Nashville.

https://twitter.com/daniel_alley/sta...1lUUWxPjk5YMKc

As of 3:23 am, so far no serious injuries reported.
Beautiful Germantown...a few years ago.

Germantown this morning.

EDIT: Two fatalities now reported. 3:30 am.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Mar 3, 2020 at 9:47 AM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 11:35 AM

Wow, crazy weather in the Southeast as of late. Here in the Charlotte area, we rarely get tornadoes but few weeks ago we got 6 tornadoes, flood, snow all in the same week. I was fortunate with minor damage. My neighbor had fallen trees over his roof.

Stay safe everyone.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 3:36 PM

From the pictures I saw, looks like the Five Points area got slammed as well as parts of Germantown.

Hope everyone is being safe and cautious as the city starts moving about. My prayers to the families that lost a loved one during this storm.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 4:06 PM

Sad to hear about the loss of life in TN. My parents live in Fayetteville and every morning when I wake up to news of tornadoes in TN I'm filled with a minor sense of dread (they've had several pass over or through their farm in the 30 years they've been there).

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 4:30 PM

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 4:35 PM
Show me the blueprints

I feel bad obviously but I always feel extra bad for victims of natural disasters that happen to occur on the same day as some other breaking news (which we've seen much of in this upside down farcical era we're living through).

19 victims and counting is a major tragedy by every definition but concern will be largely preempted by todays election coverage.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 11:52 PM

My prayers for all those affected. I was so glad to find out my friends there escaped with no injuries or damage.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 12:04 AM

I'm very sorry all of you Nashville residents are having to go through this. I visited Nashville for the first time last year, and stayed in an Air B&B in East Nashville. The couple who owned the B&B were lovely, and I met so many wonderful people during my visit.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2020, 12:18 AM

Updated Downtown and Sobro summaries from page 182;
Link > Nashville Development

I will update Gulch and Midtown later. Like everyone else, I ain't going anywhere for a while.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2020, 4:01 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Updated Downtown and Sobro summaries from page 182;
Link > Nashville Development

I will update Gulch and Midtown later. Like everyone else, I ain't going anywhere for a while.
Thanks a ton MidTenn1... obviously we all collectively did a very poor job updating things in your absence. haha

I am grateful that Nashville has so many major on-going construction projects which are already financed which will be finished at some point, regardless of any potential delays due to the Covid-19 outbreak. What worries me is whether the proposed Swerdling hotel and other projects in a similar stage of development will be able to survive the economic gut punch this outbreak has given the global economy. We shall see.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Mar 22, 2020, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Thanks a ton MidTenn1... obviously we all collectively did a very poor job updating things in your absence. haha

I am grateful that Nashville has so many major on-going construction projects which are already financed which will be finished at some point, regardless of any potential delays due to the Covid-19 outbreak. What worries me is whether the proposed Swerdling hotel and other projects in a similar stage of development will be able to survive the economic gut punch this outbreak has given the global economy. We shall see.
I would think our health care and music business will survive strongly and Amazon isn't going away. The tourism business make take longer to rebound, however. That would mean office and residential building would continue strongly, but hotel projects might be delayed or canceled.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 12:29 AM

A poster on Urban Planet caught a rendering of the interior of the new Belmont University Symphony Hall well under construction. I had heard from an architect who had seen the renderings earlier that it would be a marvel to compete with the best Halls in America.
The renderings do not disappoint.

This will give Nashville TWO of the finest symphony halls in the U. S. when you include the downtown Schemerhorn Symphony Hall opened just over a decade ago.

Belmont has always focused strongly on music and music business education and has been a destination for students desiring an education in these fields. This development in addition to having two other beautiful concert halls puts it more prominently on the list of major private universities.

And Tennessee State has a wonderful performance hall. However, in Nashville, Vanderbilt is still the alpha in the room.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 3:44 AM
Everywhere all at once

MIDTENNNNNNNN YOOUUREE BAAACCKKK

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
Wow, crazy weather in the Southeast as of late. Here in the Charlotte area, we rarely get tornadoes but few weeks ago we got 6 tornadoes, flood, snow all in the same week. I was fortunate with minor damage. My neighbor had fallen trees over his roof.

Stay safe everyone.
....any thing can happen it is unpredictable....who is in charge, not anyone.....nature and the great I'M....GOD

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 9:27 PM

Midtenn1, glad to have you back. Maybe you can work in this latest tower announced today for the old Gibson Guitar building. It will be Gibson Residences and offer 380 residential units and 65K square feet of commercial space. The investors are Flank, same company behind the boutique hotel across Grundy Street from this one. From the Nashville Post, here's the story: https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...-21story-tower

This would be Nashville's 54th tower over 240 feet tall.
https://cdn.nashvillepost.com/files/...caf9c88b84.jpg

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post

Midtenn1, glad to have you back. Maybe you can work in this latest tower announced today for the old Gibson Guitar building. It will be Gibson Residences and offer 380 residential units and 65K square feet of commercial space. The investors are Flank, same company behind the boutique hotel across Grundy Street from this one. From the Nashville Post, here's the story: https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...-21story-tower
I saw that and made a card. The logo design is my crude imagining.

54 Towers!!!!.....

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 9, 2020 at 1:00 AM. Reason: Better hi res images

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 3:54 PM

Another card(s).....I found some nice panorama pictures from the hosting site, 360cities, and made a title card for Nashville's awesome and unique Midtown projects.

This card shows what is being and what should be added in the next few years...

Old Posted Apr 12, 2020, 4:50 PM

Cool

While I was away...the AEG project in the heart of the Nashville Yards project began excavation. I'll post excavation pictures later when things settle down. But for now, here is a card with information.

To me, this is one of the more exciting projects in Nashville. The potential to host great events just went up significantly. Maybe the Grammy Awards will come back again for another awards show.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations