HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Nov 11, 2009, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedfordite_93 View Post
They have quite a bit done for the school. It seems to be almost done.
Thanks for reopening this thread I forgot to mention something I noticed ...

They appear to have another condo building underway across the street from where the crane is located in the very far back of the site. And the curb was being poured near the stoplight in front of the school. They also blasted away the entire hill for the commercial site kitty-corner to the school and excavation is underway.

However the last time I was up the hill the school did look good and pretty well done.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2009, 10:28 PM

Full Update with Photos

I decided it was about time to have a full update. Unfortunately it got dark out quickly today so some of my photos are dark but I made sure the object could still be made out.

The "older" sections of the neighbourhood (up to Ravines@Southgate) are almost complete with most houses inhabited. Where the sales centre was located is now a hole for a future house. Stockton Ridge still has some work left but is well underway

Further up the hill Windgate Ridge is partially constructed. The road has been paved, curbed and houses are under construction close to Southgate Drive. Some of the road is still not built and the cul-de-sac to be built off of it is not visible yet. On Southgate Drive most of the houses are complete and inhabited with construction finishing on the rest. The commercial site on the corner with Larry Uteck has been blasted out and clearing is taking place. The other side of the road has not be blasted or cleared yet.

Coming up Larry Uteck there are two condominium buildings under construction. One is relatively large and the other appears to be smaller and more hidden. Both have foundations poured and are working on the first floor columns. At the corner of Southgate as mentioned above one of the two commercial sites is being cleared. The school is almost complete with most landscaping complete and the exterior walls mostly done. The future extension to Highway 102 is underway with the sewer pipes laid in the last week or so.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2009, 1:45 AM

they say this school is going to open after Christmas Vacation, but it doesn't look like they'll be ready, on the other hand, they have a month and a half.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2009, 11:33 PM

I just looked up the plans coming up Larry Uteck Blvd and I could only find a section but ...

It looks like from about half way up the hill to Southgate there is going to be four six sotreys, one seven storey, one nine storey, and one twelve storey multiple unit buildings soon.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2009, 6:39 PM

Theres a sobeys and hotel planned for the lots just to the SE and NE of the interchange respectivley.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2009, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
Theres a sobeys and hotel planned for the lots just to the SE and NE of the interchange respectivley.
Another Sobey's?

There's already one in Mill Cove but since it appears to always be busy its possible another could be warranted. Probably going to be built to get the Hammonds Plains traffic nearby.

A hotel sounds nice. Bedford doesn't have any yet (just a bunch of cheap and sketchy old motels)

Old Posted Dec 5, 2009, 9:07 PM

Photo Update

Today;

Old Posted Dec 6, 2009, 4:31 PM

What type of building will that be in the first pic?

Old Posted Dec 6, 2009, 5:27 PM
Honored Member

Thanks for the photo update. I am always amazed at all the rock in the Halifax area. On one hand it must make construction more difficult but on the other hand the buildings will have a solid rock foundation (I don't think that homes settling would be a big problem in the Halifax area).

Old Posted Dec 6, 2009, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNinja View Post
What type of building will that be in the first pic?
A condo building I believe. its abouyt half way up the hill so to fit in with the rest of the area only condos or apartments would make sense.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find info for the buildings in the first. third and fourth photos.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2009, 9:20 PM

Just to correct myself it appears the buildings in photos #3 and #4 will be 7 storeys apparently (00624 Cresco) but the first photo building right across the street doesn't line up with the maps which means an ammendment was probably required so I'll keep on digging.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2009, 3:13 AM

The building in the 3rd photo will be 6 stories, about 112 rental units I believe. Same developer as the two buildings on Masthead Court (http://hemlocksuites.com/).

Not sure about the building in the first photo but I think it will be similar in size.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2009, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phn902 View Post
The building in the 3rd photo will be 6 stories, about 112 rental units I believe. Same developer as the two buildings on Masthead Court (http://hemlocksuites.com/).

Not sure about the building in the first photo but I think it will be similar in size.
Really only 6 stories? Usually small footprints buildings out here have a lot of floors. Lets just hope they don't turn out to look like the Masthead Court buildings (talk about red-brick disease).

Is it a safe assumation that the foundation in the ground right next to this building will be six stories too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
They now appear to be clearing the land on the right-hand side (downhill) of this building for what I assume to be another condo building.

Also further up the hill they now have Larry Uteck paved from Southgate up to the school parking lot and it is legally open (there's another orange sign at the parking lot).

Old Posted Dec 20, 2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Today;

Not sure what you mean by the building next to it, maybe you are talking about the same building. The photo you have posted is only 1/3rd of the building.

They are on the 3rd level of that section and have only made it to ground level of the next two pieces (building is being poured in 3 parts). I think there will be about 19 or 20 units per floor? They also plan on building a second building after the completion of this one.

The building you just posted above is located across the street I believe. It will be similar in length and the same height from what I've heard.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2009, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phn902 View Post
Not sure what you mean by the building next to it, maybe you are talking about the same building. The photo you have posted is only 1/3rd of the building.

They are on the 3rd level of that section and have only made it to ground level of the next two pieces (building is being poured in 3 parts). I think there will be about 19 or 20 units per floor? They also plan on building a second building after the completion of this one.

The building you just posted above is located across the street I believe. It will be similar in length and the same height from what I've heard.
That's only 1/3 of the building? I guess that would explain why it has such a small footprint then.

Thanks for the corrections though.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 10:12 PM

January 27, 2010

From earlier today;

Old Posted Feb 11, 2010, 8:48 PM

No photos right now but;

The long condo building with the crane appears to be topped out at four stories. They've begun working on the slanted roof frame.

The one across the street is now five stories tall (at least).

Most of the foundation for the new lot has been poured.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2010, 10:34 PM

February 27, 2010

Some from today;

Old Posted Feb 28, 2010, 1:15 AM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

There still seems to be a lot of new neighborhoods with above ground power lines. I wish that wasn't so common.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:

They now have a sign up advertising these buildings as "luxury" apartments ready for occupation this Fall.

Gardens Luxury Apartments - 357 & 361 Larry Uteck Blvd

From the link above

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs