HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Nov 2, 2023, 11:18 PM

The city is proposing a new two-way protected cycling path on the east side of Boler Road between Southdale and Commissioners.

These new cycling paths would connect Byron to the Thames Valley Parkway in Springbank Park, and it would even connect all of Lambeth to the TVP as well via Boler to Southdale to Colonel Talbot. New cycling paths will be installed on Col Talbot when the road is upgraded next year.

https://getinvolved.london.ca/bikeboler

Old Posted Nov 4, 2023, 5:21 PM

I was thinking, they need to redo Adelaide Street between Bradley and Southdale, and do what they did on Bradley Avenue with the bike paths.

Then we can go back to 2 lanes like it was, and the bikes can be on the side, where there is more than enough room for a bike path and sidewalk. It would ensure more ppl use them, as most people I see on bikes here already use the sidewalk and not the road bike lanes.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2023, 7:09 PM

Is there a need for that stretch of Adelaide to be 2 lanes each way? I've never been stuck in any kind of traffic on there.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2023, 7:34 PM

Bradley between Wellington and Highbury needs to be widened to 5 lanes first.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 12:35 AM

It's been a while since there were updates on this project, but here is a new presentation from the City on the proposed pedestrian/cyclist bridge on Richmond, north of Sunningdale.

https://pub-london.escribemeetings.c...umentId=105481

It looks like the detailed design will be finished in February 2024, it does not say when construction would start.

This new bridge would facilitate an "east-west recreational pathway corridor along the northern boundary of the city".

Here is a long-term vision for the pathway. Red is the proposed pathway as part of this project. The green pathway is already constructed, and the yellow lines to the east are potential future pathways when those lands get developed eventually.

When Sunningdale gets widened between Richmond and Wonderland, a new bridge will be built over the Medway Creek which would have an underpass for pedestrians and cyclists, thus connecting the Medway Valley trail south of Sunningdale to the new pathway to the north.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 1:32 AM

Thanks for the update. I was up there yesterday and was reminded of that project, and I did glance around as I went by and wondered where this overpass was actually supposed to go. It's a very non-London design, I'm looking forward to seeing it go in.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 1:51 PM

Finally some progress on this. Hopefully they get it into the budget soon so they can tender it and get it built. Now if only they would get on with building the multi-use path thru the Medway Valley south of Fanshawe Rd to connect all this to the Western campus so we can have a fully connected path network.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
It's a very non-London design, I'm looking forward to seeing it go in.
Don't worry, by the time it gets built it will be very bland and pointless.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2024, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Bradley between Wellington and Highbury needs to be widened to 5 lanes first.
This I agree with. It's been far overdue, I'd say like 15 years overdue.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2024, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inimrepus View Post
Don't worry, by the time it gets built it will be very bland and pointless.
I wonder how long it will take for vandals to smash those glass panes lol.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2024, 6:01 PM
The Vomit Bag.

No safe way to bike to UWO without cutting through back roads. Sarnia? Nope, bike lanes only part of the way. Western Road, surely? Nope. Bike lanes only for a small portion of this road, despite passing through campus: a place where literally thousands of people bike through/to, regularly.

Cars, though. We gotta make sure we always have enough lanes for cars. Think of all the poor pickup truck owners who need to drive to get a coffee!

Rant aside, I would LOVE to see a bike lane connection between Gainsborough Rd. and Windermere Road. At least, some pedestrian crossing over Medway creek in that vicinity. For some reason, the pedestrian bridges seem to end up in Eastern London.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure