HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 7:53 PM
Babylon falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo View Post
Does anybody know what's getting built on Euclid Avenue south of the 94 and north of Market St (@ Hilltop)?

Seems to be a large project
That is a massive affordable housing project that was delayed for 3 years because of some neighborhood oppostion or city didnt disclose something i forget the details. It should have been finished by now but typical SD style is just getting started. I think it is atleast 250 units possibly up to 350.

Try searching: affordable housing development Euclid ave to find articles. More building should be coming just south of there where the Churchs Chicken is being torn down. At lot has been planned for over a decade in that area due to being at the trolley stop.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2021, 4:03 AM
Category Five

So you guys like... San Diego building... Stuff?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 4:10 AM

Quote:
It's only the most prolific time in the last decade for major projects across the county/city and this thread is dead.

Bummer. I'll try and get out there and shoot some photos.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 7:29 PM

New construction starts: Pinnacle 2 is under constructing next to Pinnacle 1 that's wrapping up construction. 37 story tower by Holland Partner is also under construction by Broadway and 4th street. 2 towers are under construction in Little Italy which one is almost done on A street. A few blocks down: hole is nearing the bottom.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 7:36 PM

Recent assessment of Downtown SD by walking and checking the pulse: downtown still has way too many parking lots and vacant sites. There is a lot of blight along C street, Broadway, and east of 7th street and west of Market in East Village. There are pockets of vibrancy now and before covid downtown, and half of downtown is completely dead, particularly in the heart. Vibrancy: Gaslamp, Little Italy and waterfront. Rest dead and tons of homeless people and mentally ills. Downtown needs more infill. The whole city: lacking sport teams with just one, quality airport that is not very modernized from the outside, Fortune 500 companies and tv series based on the city. Lastly, most of the city is suburban by 2/3 and lacking urban density as a city as a whole.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 10:53 PM
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt patch View Post
New construction starts: Pinnacle 2 is under constructing next to Pinnacle 1 that's wrapping up construction. 37 story tower by Holland Partner is also under construction by Broadway and 4th street. 2 towers are under construction in Little Italy which one is almost done on A street. A few blocks down: hole is nearing the bottom.
Which are Pinnacle I and II? The only Pinnacle twin developments are the red and yellow ones that finished years ago.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamliner View Post
Which are Pinnacle I and II? The only Pinnacle twin developments are the red and yellow ones that finished years ago.
11th and Broadway(white/beige) https://sdcranewatch.wordpress.com/2...nnacle-towers/

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 11:55 PM

Quote:
The Holland Partner project (220 W. Broadway / Courthouse Commons) is always busy when I walk by and the excavation looks deep. I'll try and snap a photo the next time I'm nearby.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2021, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roletand View Post
The Holland Partner project (220 W. Broadway / Courthouse Commons) is always busy when I walk by and the excavation looks deep. I'll try and snap a photo the next time I'm nearby.
Holland Partner, that Vancouver Washington company has done justice to Downtown San Diego and built a lot of needed apartments in areas that need development. Bosa and Pinnacle are the stewarts of Downtown San Diego. I really don't know where downtown would be without them. Downtown's saving grace!!!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2021, 7:23 PM

I saw exterior light testing on Pinnacle's nearly completed Tower I on Broadway&11th. The extruded wall/pilaster feature that runs from the base to the roof and cantilevers over the roof (cantilever still under construction) has some LED strip lights running the length of the extruded wall, it changes color too! Should look neat when both buildings are lit up at night.

The tiny 2 story California Inn that they're supposed to restore and put back will look so out of place when its finished (I am glad they kept it). I wonder where it went after they removed it from the site, it would be nice to be able to see the restoration progress.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2021, 11:49 PM
Wanted

Quote:
Do we ever. In fact we just a got a new widened sidewalk err Promenade on 14 st complete with "art". It only took a year and I think some electrical boxes were painted as well.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2021, 7:47 PM
Babylon falling

Glad to hear the new Pinnacle twins will have a cool lighting scheme. Wish they were a bit taller than 32 floors but oh well.

Does anyone have any updates on 7th/Market, California Theatre project, or Streelights at Makers Quarter? Also what is that cleared lot at 6th and A isn't that an approved tower for Cortez Hill that was supposed to start?

CH neighborhood had 3 approved projects for years and none of them have started

Old Posted Mar 27, 2021, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Glad to hear the new Pinnacle twins will have a cool lighting scheme. Wish they were a bit taller than 32 floors but oh well.

Does anyone have any updates on 7th/Market, California Theatre project, or Streelights at Makers Quarter? Also what is that cleared lot at 6th and A isn't that an approved tower for Cortez Hill that was supposed to start?

CH neighborhood had 3 approved projects for years and none of them have started
7th/Market and California start in the next few months.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2021, 3:54 PM

-

Last edited by bgrapes; Oct 18, 2022 at 2:01 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2021, 6:32 PM

Quote:
7th/Market and California start in the next few months.
Please tell us more! I hope you’re correct

I’ve been nervous 7/Market isn’t happening anymore. They’ve had full entitlements for awhile, the only thing left was the funding which can’t imagine is easy now. Cisterra website still says breaking ground in 2020 with completion in 2023.

Any details you can share on the situation ??

Old Posted Mar 28, 2021, 6:35 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFlood View Post
Do we ever. In fact we just a got a new widened sidewalk err Promenade on 14 st complete with "art". It only took a year and I think some electrical boxes were painted as well.

I actually think these upgrades will be really good for the city especially when the trees mature. People underrate the importance of the sidewalk experience and having more room/greenery to create a more walkable environment.

I do agree with you the time it takes seems kind of ridiculous (typical of almost anything in sd) but I’m glad they are doing this.

This leads me to another question - anyone know anything about East Village Green and when that will start ??

Old Posted Mar 29, 2021, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Here's the latest from the site

Old Posted Mar 29, 2021, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCAL View Post
Please tell us more! I hope you’re correct

I’ve been nervous 7/Market isn’t happening anymore. They’ve had full entitlements for awhile, the only thing left was the funding which can’t imagine is easy now. Cisterra website still says breaking ground in 2020 with completion in 2023.

Any details you can share on the situation ??
I've been hearing the 7th & Market Cisterra project is going to start "any day" for the past few years. While I love how ambitious the project is, I have no confidence it will get off the ground in its current form.

As boring as it may be, the Cisterra 9G project is better suited for the neighborhood right now than a Ritz Carlton Hotel/Residence/Office.

Cisterra 9G

Old Posted Mar 29, 2021, 3:21 AM

7 & Market

Quote:
I've been hearing the 7th & Market Cisterra project is going to start "any day" for the past few years. While I love how ambitious the project is, I have no confidence it will get off the ground in its current form.

As boring as it may be, the Cisterra 9G project is better suited for the neighborhood right now than a Ritz Carlton Hotel/Residence/Office.

Cisterra 9G
I've actually just heard from a Realtor friend that 7th & Market is still planning to proceed "within a few months". He spoke with one of the developers who said there is "slight hang up" due to a small legal matter. I was also told that the hotel at 9th & Island(Hampton Inn, I believe) is supposed to break ground Q1 2022.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2021, 9:47 PM
Babylon falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeviewer View Post
I've actually just heard from a Realtor friend that 7th & Market is still planning to proceed "within a few months". He spoke with one of the developers who said there is "slight hang up" due to a small legal matter. I was also told that the hotel at 9th & Island(Hampton Inn, I believe) is supposed to break ground Q1 2022.
Im so glad to hear 7th and Market is still a go A 500 foot tower in that spot will do wonders for the skyline its right in the heart of a large gap from height so it is very important. 9th and Island Hampton is good infill and remember there was also a Hilton Canopy Hotel that got delayed in the 7th and Market lawsuit just west of 7th that was 24 floors anyone heard about this?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations