HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering

Old Posted Oct 22, 2010, 10:37 AM

Former NY World Trade Center Plans wanted.

Hello Skyscraperpage,

i am working on a vision building complex containing a modified and improved version of the former WTC Complex in lower Manhattan, don't worry im not one of those ''rebuilt the twintowers now!!'' people as this vision is not to be located in NY at all.

the only problem is, there seems to be a lack of blueprints as far as i can find them. i know about the master plan (http://www.911research.com/wtc/evide...lan/index.html) and multi resolution browser (http://www.911research.com/wtc/evide...an/frames.html) on 911research.com

but it seems i can't find any detailed blueprints from the Concourse, Plaza, 3,4,5,6,7 WTC, the observation Deck on top of the South tower, and the broadcast antenna on the North tower.

also a lot of dimensions and measurements on the blueprints are hardly visible as those scans are quite rough. ordinates, collums thickness and such are hard to read.

i found 1 blueprint of the concourse made in autoCAD on a topic somewhere on this forum.

however it conflicts the blueprint from the masterplan:

so my question is, does anyone knows a good resource of blueprints, or knows the dimensions of certain parts. or does have a blueprint or usefull photograph?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

ps, i apologize if something is written wrong, im not from america or england.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2010, 11:01 PM
Because I'm Clever!

The first one came from me. I got it from a friend who had official connections. It's a screen grab from a PDF (which I have in case I wanted to make an even bigger copy) from Westfield America showing the leasing areas of the WTC mall. It's from...June 2001 if i recall correctly...right after Silverstein and Westfield signed the lease for the center.

The second one was "leaked" to the conspiracy website roughly 3 years ago. It's a plan diagram by Minorou Yamasaki and Asc. (the architecture firm) for the Port Authority. It's dated 1963 (as you can clearly see), which while getting the towers largely correct, the rest of the complex was redesigned twice (in 1965 and 1968) after that drawing was made.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 10:58 AM

thanks a lot for the info!
so it's save to use the 2001 version i guess, is there any detailed information to be found about the building's ordinates? (for example distance between collums and width-depth of them)
do you also know why half of the blueprint has thick lines, but is measured, and the other half not?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 8:25 PM
Because I'm Clever!

The Twin Tower's exterior columns are spaced 10' center to center at the ground level. The plaza building's columns are spaced 30' center to center. I don't recall the hotel, it's something odd like 13 feet. Tower 7 has different spacings for each of its faces, and there's a lot of columns in the concourse that (due to what they were built over) have non-standard configurations as well.

And it's not a blueprint. It's a diagram for prospective clients showing the parcels of the mall available for rent.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2010, 10:19 PM

thanks a lot!
i will make a start on the autocad drawing placing the collums, i'll see how far i can get at the moment.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2012, 4:35 PM

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!! I've been searching for EVER for the Marriott lobby at 3WTC.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2012, 2:30 AM
Architect

Too bad you didn't ask me in the 80's - I had a nice set - my sister worked on a design for the top floor restaurant while it was nearing completion.

But all the blueprints faded into mostly nothingness when I last looked at them in the late 90's just before I threw them out.

I was so disappointed at the time...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering