HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 7:38 PM

37 for Toronto

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 7:36 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

I don't get it.
When a dad killed his girl in Ontario a while back, the news didn't really draw attention across the country. Or it did in an unintended manner, i.e. people calling 911 to complain about the Amber Alert.
This time, 2 girls were found dead in Quebec, and almost every news media has made their way to St Appolinaire.
What gives? The number of deceased?
Even the manhunt of Ugo Fredette back in September 2017 didn't grab attention of such scale, either.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 8:09 PM

Good news cycle timing and ongoing, bizarre situation?

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 12:11 AM
be nice to the crackheads

That tragic house fire in Langley has turned in to a triple homicide. I've got to wonder if COVID is partially responsible for these murders within the family.

Video Link

Last edited by giallo; Jul 15, 2020 at 4:55 AM.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 3:50 AM
I am a typical

Covid could be the catalyst but the cause very likely precedes the pandemic.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 3:59 AM

Are we sure it's Langley and not Maple Creek? I couldn't help but notice the palm tree.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 4:16 AM
I am a typical

I would have guessed White Rock. Does Maple Creek have palm trees? It's pretty far inland. Man, if only this forum had someone, or multiple someones, who could explain to us every fucking detail about palm trees in the lower mainland.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I would have guessed White Rock. Does Maple Creek have palm trees? It's pretty far inland. Man, if only this forum had someone, or multiple someones, who could explain to us every fucking detail about palm trees in the lower mainland.
Even if we had such a person on the forum, if their area of expertise is only BC Lower Mainland palm trees, they wouldn't be able to tell us anything about the (much more tropical ones) of Maple Creek.

I'm guessing from the way you've phrased things that maybe you have confused it with Maple Ridge, BC, which is indeed "pretty far inland" (for a Lower Mainland location.) Meanwhile depending who you ask Maple Creek is either quite a bit further inland than even Maple Ridge, or directly oceanfront (with the purest sand and most turquoise tropical waters) because why not, sky is the limit with fiction.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
haha, only palm trees in my home town in Saskatchewan are indoor ones.

But what a coincidence, I was just thinking earlier today how extraordinary it would be to see palm trees outside in Saskatchewan after seeing a flyer for Great Canadian Oil Change, a Saskatoon originated business with a few dozen locations across the Prairies.
The shops have a lot of exterior glass walls but also tend to have tons of potted plants around their shops in the Summer and apparently judging from their flyer, potted palm trees rolled too, who knew.

https://www.gcocltd.ca/about-us/how-we-started/

Old Posted Jul 24, 2020, 2:37 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

A six-year-old girl was stabbed to death in east end Montreal. The mother is the principal suspect.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2020, 4:34 AM
Explorateur urbain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
A six-year-old girl was stabbed to death in east end Montreal. The mother is the principal suspect.
She was, sadly, the 11th homicide victim in Montreal this year.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2020, 9:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScraper View Post
haha, only palm trees in my home town in Saskatchewan are indoor ones.

But what a coincidence, I was just thinking earlier today how extraordinary it would be to see palm trees outside in Saskatchewan after seeing a flyer for Great Canadian Oil Change, a Saskatoon originated business with a few dozen locations across the Prairies.
The shops have a lot of exterior glass walls but also tend to have tons of potted plants around their shops in the Summer and apparently judging from their flyer, potted palm trees rolled too, who knew.

https://www.gcocltd.ca/about-us/how-we-started/

SskScraper, not sure how to word this but you have to be more careful about the things you post. Other posters are making jokes in the Weather thread about what you write saying you make it sound like it's tropical or something where you are at. I don't really get it myself reading your post above but maybe just tone it down I guess.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 7:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiedawg View Post
SskScraper, not sure how to word this but you have to be more careful about the things you post. Other posters are making jokes in the Weather thread about what you write saying you make it sound like it's tropical or something where you are at. I don't really get it myself reading your post above but maybe just tone it down I guess.
I need to be careful about what I post because I make it sound like it's tropical in Saskatchewan?!

In case you haven't figured it out yet, since you are a newbie, most of the entries in the weather thread, are probably still by posters that constantly say that it's so sultry & warm where they live and if it isn't several celsuis above normal then it's unreasonably unacceptable, & too cool from what they are use to, and if they find out a place that is warmer than what they expect, such as my hometown, then they taunt & tease to the point of over exaggeration to the extreme to provoke a response, which is by definition trolling incase you can not tell.

The sooner you ignore those losers in this forum the sooner you will be able to get a more informed prospective from the posts that do have more interesting prospectives & angles of issues. That is all I come here for, truthful current & critical ideas and depictions without exaggeration.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 6:14 PM
BANNED

oh that's sort of what I figured out already. There does seem to be a lot of chest puffers on some of the threads. Case in point last week there were two BC posters that were congratulating each other on having the warmest temperature up to that time of the afternoon until your hometown of Maple Creek in Saskatchewan took the daily hot spot for that day.
but then Sask seemed to get criticism from posters for some reason. I don't really get it.

I'm starting to filter what posts I read myself. just ignore my comment from earlier and just keep on keeping on man

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiedawg View Post
oh that's sort of what I figured out already. There does seem to be a lot of chest puffers on some of the threads. Case in point last week there were two BC posters that were congratulating each other on having the warmest temperature up to that time of the afternoon until your hometown of Maple Creek in Saskatchewan took the daily hot spot for that day.
but then Sask seemed to get criticism from posters for some reason. I don't really get it.

I'm starting to filter what posts I read myself. just ignore my comment from earlier and just keep on keeping on man
Lol, no kidding, that is funny.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 10:11 AM

Breaking Canadian News: weather thread derails murder discussion.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 5:06 PM
I am the law!

This thread needs stats. How are we doing?

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 5:09 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

In Quebec, S.Q. confirmed that Martin Carpentier badly wounded his two daughters, both of whom then died a while later.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 5:26 PM

Winnipeg Police investigating the city's 24th homicide of the year.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 5:27 PM

Calgary is having a relatively quiet year after a hectic end to last year and start to this year. Think we are >20 still...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada