HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Aug 20, 2007, 1:48 AM
maverick

photo by Brad Aug 2007

taken from Zubovskaja Square

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Old Posted Aug 21, 2007, 12:43 AM
maverick

complete 360 degrees panorama by Brad

click on the link to open the big file in a separate window

6 Mb http://skyscrapers.ru/gallery/d/1061...74ae2f6fdace02

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Last edited by anm; Aug 22, 2007 at 3:28 AM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2007, 12:49 AM
maverick

by Inspirit Aug 18 2007

Last edited by anm; Sep 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2007, 3:52 AM
maverick

by Inspirit Aug 21 2007

Last edited by anm; Sep 17, 2007 at 10:14 PM.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2007, 6:09 AM
Moscow

Old Posted Sep 11, 2007, 4:02 AM
maverick

photo by Santucio
source here

at 124m high this bridge will be part of skyline, plus, there will be a cafe/ observation deck at the top with a view of the IBC

Old Posted Sep 11, 2007, 5:41 AM

I think this is my favorite Thread
"Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. Carl Spackler, 1980

Old Posted Sep 13, 2007, 1:20 AM
maverick

photo by Anton Nosik

more " a view from above" than a skyline, but I do not want to start a new thread because of this... plus Moscow State U is a building that is a skyline by itself

taken from one of New Arbat highrises, from about 100 m

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 4:31 AM
maverick

the original by aromanta is here

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 8:13 PM
maverick

as the following two pics by unkernet from ru_roofers suggest, Moscow skyline is still in an early tender developing stage... but is already attractive nevertheless...

Last edited by anm; Sep 27, 2007 at 8:24 PM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 7:29 AM
Moscow

by jst

by igor

Old Posted Oct 7, 2007, 7:35 PM

This Thread is absolutely Amazing.

Why isn't it in My Pictures section? i think a lot of people would like to see it but are missing it due to its location. Can it be moved? if so please do.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 1:43 AM
maverick

Thanks for the kind words Magnus.

Magnus, the obvious answer to your question - because Brad had started the thread here.

In the end, since Brad is the thread starter, it is up to him to request moving it anywhere if he wanted to do so for some reason.

However, both myself and Brad have been updating this thread with pics made by various people, so it hardly belongs to "My City Photos" section.

Moreover, I think there is nothing wrong with having this thread here - people who have discovered it and found that they like it will come back to Euro section to check what is new, and this will hopefully liven up this section.

If you like this thered, you may want to check out other threads I maintain, such as Russia here in the Euro section

thread Moscow in "Found City Photos"

and Moscow IBC Rising in "Found City Photos"

The latter thread "Moscow IBC Rising" contains predominantly shots of the International Businees Center, many of them taken from relatively short distances or shots showing the construction site. Most of them IMO do not qualify as "skyline" shots. This thread, on the opposite, is devoted predominatly to skyline, i.e to shots of highrises taken from a distance (plus, skyline in Moscow does not always involve IBC). When posting to both threads I try to avoid dupilcation so that people would not assume that it enough to visit one of them. There is some duplication, but I try to avoid it.

If these pics make you curious about Russia, I cannot avoid advertising Photosection from "Russia" on SSC Forum. This is anyway where I cherry pick >90% of the photos shown in the above threads. But there is a lot more there worthwhile IMO.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 2:24 AM
maverick

Oct 7 2007 by jst from SSC

on the Prospekt Vernadskogo (Moscow's south-west major avenue) there are three or four 100m buildings like this one on the right

one of them is under a major reconstruction

the pics have been taken by jst from the top like this

the weather was not particularly great for skyline picture taking... but anyway...

the original thread is here

a few pics

overall, what we have here is a lot of high-rises and mid-rises and not much of skyline (fog does not help)... but anybody who preaches "density" as a virtue should be satisfied; there are a number of scrapers U/C in these pics that will probably make a decent skyline when there are completed

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 4:07 AM
maverick

from LiveJournal by photohouse

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 4:09 AM
maverick

by parapentos

the sky is brown due to a big fire on horizon

plasticboy

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 3:19 AM
maverick

by jst

Old Posted Oct 28, 2007, 3:25 AM
maverick

Old Posted Oct 28, 2007, 7:40 AM
YIMBY co-founder

The second to last one just screams Moscow
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Oct 28, 2007, 7:46 PM
Information Age

Moscow can/will be an even better city in the future by continue adding modern skyscrapers, it gives a good mix betwine the old & the new.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe