HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

1 Journal Square South Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 14, 2014, 12:46 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

JERSEY CITY | One Journal Square | 710 FT×2 | 64 + 64 FLOORS (1,723 Units)

This site has been stalled out for years, and I couldn't find the old thread for it. Also, not to be confused with Journal Squared (another close-by 3 tower development).

New York YIMBY:

Revealed: City Center Towers
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MARCH 13TH 2014 AT 8:00 AM

City Center Towers -- image from Humphreys & Partners

Quote:
While the recent focus on Jersey City’s Journal Square neighborhood has centered on KRE’s ‘Journal Squared‘ project, new renderings are up for the long-stalled City Center Towers site, which promises additional changes for the long-neglected area. The images were posted on the website of architectural firm Humphreys & Partners, and the site’s developer is Multi-Employer Property Trust.

Luckily, the surge in new development will relegate the Transportation Center to visual irrelevance, as newer urban-friendly projects begin to sprout nearby. City Center — also known as One Journal Square — was initially conceived prior to the recession, but the site has since changed hands; earlier renderings were fuzzy, depicting two high-rises that totaled 1,500 units.

Humphreys & Partners’ latest images of the site depict two possibilities for the design, which may or may not include a sky-bridge that would link the 60-story buildings. City Center Towers will be nearly as prominent as the nearby Journal Squared project; beyond the 1,500 residential units, the development will feature 150,000 square feet of retail at its base, which will help revitalize the street-scape.

The scope of City Center Towers appears slightly larger than the initial plans, and the new renderings paint a much clearer picture for the project’s eventual design — assuming they actually come to fruition. The site has been fraught with controversy, after initial deadlines for ground-breaking were ignored; the recession was chiefly to blame, as most development came to a halt across the Hudson River.

No completion date has been announced, but with demolition of the site’s former buildings now complete — and pressure from local officials to proceed continuing to mount — activity is likely imminent.
.GIF loop of the latest designs:

City Center Towers -- image from Humphreys & Partners

The site back in March 2012:

Future site of the Journal Square City Center Towers at One Journal Square in
Jersey City, Wednesday, March 7, 2012. Reena Rose Sibayan/The Jersey Journal

Old 2009 design:

Journal Square City Center Towers

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Mar 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction