HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 29, 2020, 5:01 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX06 View Post
That's a little disappointing, but I'm still happy for a 350+ footer to go in that space.

Besides the area being fenced off, I haven't seen much activity on the site. I wonder if this project or Astra will begin first.
Central Station will. Astra is a good 1/2 year off before starting. I think Central, Edith and Palm will all start within the first couple months of 2021.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2020, 7:01 PM

Exciting stuff. I hope they save all those massive palm trees in the empty lot where Palm Court is going.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2020, 7:02 PM

Which one is Edith ?

Old Posted Dec 29, 2020, 7:14 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Which one is Edith ?
The 211' footer behind Hanny's.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 9:45 PM

https://apps-secure.phoenix.gov/Publ...PAwEqUvvNSS1c=

This City Council Report from last June ( I haven’t seen anything more recent) shows Central Station’s 2nd Tower at 22 stories which is higher than we thought, no? Is there anything more recent to the contrary (besides the developer website which hasn’t been updated to remove the hotel portion).

https://apps-secure.phoenix.gov/Publ...pIxf86Oyg44F0=

The latest City Council report from October talks about issues they’re running into in developing the site. And also mentions December 2020 as a breaking ground date, which obviously has passed. I wonder if these issues have become more cumbersome than anticipated?

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post
https://apps-secure.phoenix.gov/Publ...PAwEqUvvNSS1c=

This City Council Report from last June ( I haven’t seen anything more recent) shows Central Station’s 2nd Tower at 22 stories which is higher than we thought, no? Is there anything more recent to the contrary (besides the developer website which hasn’t been updated to remove the hotel portion).

https://apps-secure.phoenix.gov/Publ...pIxf86Oyg44F0=

The latest City Council report from October talks about issues they’re running into in developing the site. And also mentions December 2020 as a breaking ground date, which obviously has passed. I wonder if these issues have become more cumbersome than anticipated?
This is just the latest on the long list of embarrassing RFPs by the City. But it is by far its blackest eye. To actually get to the point of fencing up the station and moving ticketing, etc. only to see this not move forward is egregious. Doesn’t the city realize they need to amend their requirements to ensure projects actually happen. So over this garbage.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 1:38 AM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
This is just the latest on the long list of embarrassing RFPs by the City. But it is by far its blackest eye. To actually get to the point of fencing up the station and moving ticketing, etc. only to see this not move forward is egregious. Doesn’t the city realize they need to amend their requirements to ensure projects actually happen. So over this garbage.
Well said. I remember when the fences went up in October based on an imminent start to construction. If nothing happens, I wonder if there will be trouble with the Federal Transit Administration, which funded the renovations that occurred a decade ag

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Well said. I remember when the fences went up in October based on an imminent start to construction. If nothing happens, I wonder if there will be trouble with the Federal Transit Administration, which funded the renovations that occurred a decade ag
Seems like this parcel is jinxed. The first one gets axed because the developer passes away,and now this one slows to a hault for reasons who knows.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 6:38 AM

It's very frustrating because the lot is fenced up and ready to go but there seems to be a delay. I still have confidence that it will be built though. My question is will this run into issues with Astra being built right down the street? Both are pretty big projects. I am just throwing ideas out there..

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 7:56 AM
Skyriser

Those issues are figured out in the earliest stages of permitting--they do flow tests before they even break ground for example. Other than that I've not heard of any major infrastructure problems downtown limiting potential growth.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 2:24 PM

For me, the only acceptable delay at this point is trying to work the hotel back in. I know that's pure speculation, but it would impact their ability to break ground. And I'd be OK with the delay if that's the case.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
For me, the only acceptable delay at this point is trying to work the hotel back in. I know that's pure speculation, but it would impact their ability to break ground. And I'd be OK with the delay if that's the case.
If that's the reason I believe most of us would agree.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2021, 3:34 PM

Does anyone have any insider information on this delay? Site is still fenced off, but no work has occurred.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2021, 8:54 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Does anyone have any insider information on this delay? Site is still fenced off, but no work has occurred.
I have no idea. But it's bothering me that that this weekend will be 5 months since it was fenced off.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 3:21 AM

Valley Metro Twitter Response about start of construction

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 5:57 AM

That was me that asked the question.

Valley Metro responded:
"Soon, very soon. Everything slowed up in this past year, including contracts. Thanks for keeping tabs."

Last edited by michael85225; Apr 3, 2021 at 6:10 AM.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
That was me that asked the question.

Valley Metro responded:
"Soon, very soon. Everything slowed up in this past year, including contracts. Thanks for keeping tabs."
Thanks for the update 85225 hopefully they'll have a ground breaking soon like they responded.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 8:39 PM

Tried to call Mark Sepulveda, the contact listed for this project. Was transferred to his voicemail and left a message. Will report back if he calls.

When I contact Valley Metro about this project, they just give generic "Yes, it will happen." type answers and have no further information about when. Does anyone else have info on this long delay? I live close to the site and it is still fenced off, bus stops are relocated to the surrounding streets.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 8:52 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Tried to call Mark Sepulveda, the contact listed for this project. Was transferred to his voicemail and left a message. Will report back if he calls.

When I contact Valley Metro about this project, they just give generic "Yes, it will happen." type answers and have no further information about when. Does anyone else have info on this long delay? I live close to the site and it is still fenced off, bus stops are relocated to the surrounding streets.

I've attempted contact him by email a few times and so far no response except when he responded with a resounding "NO" to my question if there's a chance the hotel portion could still happen. So, I wouldn't expect a return call.

As for the delay, they still haven't even submitted plan reviews or permits in well over a year. Valley Metro can't be happy with an additional 7 month delay to their temporary bus schedule with the possibility for many more months of delays I wouldn't think.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2021, 12:30 AM
Skyriser

I seriously can't believe Phoenix puts up with this shit in their RFP process.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest