HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 12:52 AM
jayden jayden is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: JERSEY
Posts: 979
Construction in your city during COVID-19

Interestingly I hear varying updates regarding certain cities and whether they're continuing construction as an "essential Industry" limiting only certain discussion, or have stopped new construction completely.

How are things in your city?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted May 1, 2020, 5:26 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Interestingly I hear varying updates regarding certain cities and whether they're continuing construction as an "essential Industry" limiting only certain discussion, or have stopped new construction completely.

How are things in your city?
Full speed ahead in Phoenix, so far only one proposed project has been publicly scaled back. several projects have broken ground since the lock-down began.

All the construction workers downtown is probably saving many bars and restaurants with all the office workers, courts, and students gone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted May 1, 2020, 7:51 PM
Innsertnamehere's Avatar
Innsertnamehere Innsertnamehere is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 6,271
Ontario stopped most construction other than existing residential and infrastructure work. A lot of it is restarting on Monday though such as residential new starts, university construction, etc., but commercial will still be shut down.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 6:23 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 35,926
Vancouver and BC never stopped it, but some projects stopped a few days in cases where someone at the site had tested positive.
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 5:03 PM
LosAngelesSportsFan's Avatar
LosAngelesSportsFan LosAngelesSportsFan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,106
LA moving full speed ahead on many many projects big and small
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 5:44 PM
homebucket homebucket is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Bay
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
LA moving full speed ahead on many many projects big and small
Has Oceanwide resumed construction?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 6:30 PM
Maldive's Avatar
Maldive Maldive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
Ontario stopped most construction other than existing residential and infrastructure work. A lot of it is restarting on Monday though such as residential new starts, university construction, etc., but commercial will still be shut down.
Not sure what you mean about commercial being shut down: after a short pause 160 Front West (240m) has been busy with non-stop work and nearly reached grade and steel is rising on Scotia North at Bay Adelaide (140m). Plus a couple of mid-rise commercial builds (new Google HQ etc.) and of course CIBC Sq 1 topping out (but maybe that's in part GO Transit related).
__________________
Pancake City - home to river valleys, the most extensive urban ravine system in the world, 600km of trails and a 130 metre climb to North York. Just add maple syrup.

Last edited by Maldive; Oct 1, 2020 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 10:35 PM
LosAngelesSportsFan's Avatar
LosAngelesSportsFan LosAngelesSportsFan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Has Oceanwide resumed construction?
Unfortunately not yet
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 1:56 AM
The North One's Avatar
The North One The North One is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
Unfortunately not yet
You mean Oceanwide Plaza?? That's still not finished? Holy shit, now it's just sitting there? That's a massive complex.

Funny, I was searching and Oceanwide in SF seems to be in trouble too. https://therealdeal.com/la/2020/09/3...3-more-months/
__________________
Spawn of questionable parentage!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 4:58 AM
LosAngelesSportsFan's Avatar
LosAngelesSportsFan LosAngelesSportsFan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
You mean Oceanwide Plaza?? That's still not finished? Holy shit, now it's just sitting there? That's a massive complex.

Funny, I was searching and Oceanwide in SF seems to be in trouble too. https://therealdeal.com/la/2020/09/3...3-more-months/
The company is basically out of money and has been for a couple years... All their projects are in trouble
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:53 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.