HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 8:40 PM

Have you been inside any of the second phase units K133? I was about to ask the folks at the sales centre for a walkthrough, but I wasn't sure whether I would be allowed.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2010, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by condo_dreams View Post
Have you been inside any of the second phase units K133? I was about to ask the folks at the sales centre for a walkthrough, but I wasn't sure whether I would be allowed.
If you're really intent on buying, you can push the sales office to get you a walk-through. And I definitely recommend it to compare even one floor from the next.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2010, 9:42 PM

Just FYI: Phase 3 sales won't begin until Spring 2011.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2010, 3:02 PM
Citizen-at-large

Quote:
Originally Posted by condo_dreams View Post
Just FYI: Phase 3 sales won't begin until Spring 2011.
That really frustrates me! How much slower can they take this development? Sales on a first building in Phase 3 were supposed to be this fall, with the rest next spring.

I think the NCC should accept RFPs for the next block of the plan and allow another developer to start work on their own set of condos. A bit of competition would be healthy, and might get things moving a bit faster.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2010, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawan View Post
That really frustrates me! How much slower can they take this development? ... A bit of competition would be healthy, and might get things moving a bit faster.
Agreed! I walk past Bayview and the Flats on my way into work each day, and the vacant, razed lots (and absence of shelter and shade) are tiresome to say the least.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 2:34 PM

With growth expected to slow down, I don't doubt that the Flats will move much more quickly even if the NCC decided to release more land. This is a multi decade project and patience is needed.

I would project that Claridge would be completed its planned development as follows:

2011-2014 - Phase 3
2013-2016 - Phase 4
2015-2018 - Phase 5

Once these are completed, and assuming demand still exists, I think you'll see quicker development of the remaining land. Demand for the existing phases is fairly good, but I'd still consider it somewhat slow. Though, Phase 3 being rather small in comparison, may sell out a bit quicker.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 3:07 PM
National Capital Region

some Lebreton flats stuff at the next NCC board meeting
http://www.capcan.ca/data/2/rec_docs...lic-agenda.pdf

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 1:14 PM

Confirmation that the plans for the next phase have been approved (NCC calls it Phase II, but I guess that by Claridge's count these buildings would be Phases III, IV and V?):
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/ot...362/story.html
My favourite part is the way the last sentence of the first paragraph says that the plans "will see more than 160 new homes built over the next two years" and the last sentence of the second paragraph says that "If all goes well, construction will begin in 2012." (and all 160 units will be complete by November 2012? doubt it!)

There's also some unsatisfying and unresolved back-and-forth over whether Claridge has met the design requirements for the second podium building.

clusterfudge, my least-favourite flavour.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Confirmation that the plans for the next phase have been approved (NCC calls it Phase II, but I guess that by Claridge's count these buildings would be Phases III, IV and V?):
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/ot...362/story.html
My favourite part is the way the last sentence of the first paragraph says that the plans "will see more than 160 new homes built over the next two years" and the last sentence of the second paragraph says that "If all goes well, construction will begin in 2012." (and all 160 units will be complete by November 2012? doubt it!)

There's also some unsatisfying and unresolved back-and-forth over whether Claridge has met the design requirements for the second podium building.

clusterfudge, my least-favourite flavour.
I just hope it gets done on time from the citizen the pic looks nice and will help the area.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidjr View Post
I just hope it gets done on time from the citizen the pic looks nice and will help the area.
what does "done on time" even mean anymore for this project? (It's like Jim Flaherty saying that this year's federal deficit is smaller than previously forecast: http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/11/24/t...nto-the-abyss/)

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 3:42 PM

This will certainly make the area feel a bit more urban and hopefully those are commercial spaces on the ground floor?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 3:44 PM
Citizen-at-large

Sadly no commercial in this phase. In the next block there are live/work townhomes, but it is only the buildings fronting Booth that will have groud floor commercial (and at this rate, we're at least 5 years from the first of those).

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 5:29 PM

Does anyone know why they're only putting commercial space along Booth St? Fleet St. and Lett St. would've been a nice place for commercial space especially with that pedestrian space where they intersect called "Pooley's Bridge Mews".

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
what does "done on time" even mean anymore for this project? (It's like Jim Flaherty saying that this year's federal deficit is smaller than previously forecast: http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/11/24/t...nto-the-abyss/)
Maybe bad wording what i mean is if they get started in 2012 i will be happy.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidjr View Post
Maybe bad wording what i mean is if they get started in 2012 i will be happy.
fair enough :-)

Old Posted Dec 16, 2010, 12:38 PM

Phase 2 owners received a notice that registration of the condo would occur by the end of Q1 2011. Definitely faster than we were originally told to expect, so maybe they CAN do some things right on this site.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2010, 12:28 AM

They've started calling Phase 2 residents to come into the office to sign an amendment to confirm your parking spot allocation (pre-assigned) and to choose a storage locker (first come first served).

There are a handful of storage lockers slightly larger than the standard ones - so if that's of interest to you, I'd suggest going in asap to reserve your storage locker.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2010, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
They've started calling Phase 2 residents to come into the office to sign an amendment to confirm your parking spot allocation (pre-assigned) and to choose a storage locker (first come first served).

There are a handful of storage lockers slightly larger than the standard ones - so if that's of interest to you, I'd suggest going in asap to reserve your storage locker.
There are about 8-10 lockers on floors 1 through 6. 5 of these lockers are larger than the general - 2 of those being very large.

Quote:
Phase 2 owners received a notice that registration of the condo would occur by the end of Q1 2011. Definitely faster than we were originally told to expect, so maybe they CAN do some things right on this site.
I was told that they plan to have the building registered before people move in. I don't quite understand how they plan to achieve this...

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-133 View Post
I was told that they plan to have the building registered before people move in. I don't quite understand how they plan to achieve this...
Technically it would be possible if Claridge still owned more units in the building than had been sold but I don't think that is the case. I will have to do some digging to confirm.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 4:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Thank you for posting this! I got in just in time to choose the exact one I wanted. I was able to note some of the sizes that the lockers are available in (measured in Meters):

- 1.7m x 0.9m
- 2.0m x 1.3m
- 2.5m x 1.1m
- 1.8m x 1.1m
- 2.0m x 1.2m
- 2.0m x 1.1m

I think those are the dimensions of all the options, unless I accidentally missed one. At least now you can think about any specific needs that you may have, before you go in to sign the papers. I recommend going in whenever you can, they're calling everyone on the list but you are allowed to choose whenever you wish.

Hopefully they won't be angry that I posted this online? If anyone thinks so, I can delete the post.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa