HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 8:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This was just posted on the Colliers East Facebook page:

Quote:
Granite Centre is feeling excited at Granite Centre.
1h · Moncton, NB ·

We are very excited to confirm that three new tenants have been confirmed for @granitecentremoncton!

A new building construction is planned for Fall 2022, and is already completely pre-leased with three different brands. Can you guys guess who these new members of the Granite Centre family will be?

Or, let us know who you would love to see join the ranks of the prominent brands already calling this site home?

We want to hear from you, so drop your comments below, and stay tuned for updates!

Congrats to Colliers East and The Gray Group Inc.
I presume the building they are referring to which is now completely preleased, and will be constructed this fall will be Plaza Six (right next to Plaza Five).

The site plan shows six CRUs in this building. If it is fully preleased, then this would mean that some of these CRUs will have to be combined, meaning at least a couple of these retailers will be larger sized ones.

As for tenants, I am certain that the CRU on the right hand side of the building, adjacent to that little plaza right across from Wing'n It will be another restaurant. So, I am going out on a limb predicting either BarBurrito or Five Guys.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 12:38 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I just received a tip from an informant claiming that BarBurrito is destined for the Plaza Boulevard Centre, in the last vacant CRU, next to Mathnasium.

If true, this does not preclude a BarBurrito in the Granite Centre, since the company has already announced they are interested in having two Moncton locations. Also, the new plaza in the Granite Centre will not be ready until next summer at the very earliest, so they could do the Plaza Boulevard Centre location first.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I just received a tip from an informant claiming that BarBurrito is destined for the Plaza Boulevard Centre, in the last vacant CRU, next to Mathnasium.

If true, this does not preclude a BarBurrito in the Granite Centre, since the company has already announced they are interested in having two Moncton locations. Also, the new plaza in the Granite Centre will not be ready until next summer at the very earliest, so they could do the Plaza Boulevard Centre location first.
Does Moncton really like it's burritos that much? Granite can't be cheap to rent and I hardly ever see anyone at either Guacamole's locations where it seems like every 2nd new fast casual place that opens in moncton is a burrito joint.

I'm going to call it now, that bubble will burst and within 2 years they will be mostly gone.

As to granite, my guess is something like Cora's or Pur&Simple.

Last edited by Feneant; May 18, 2022 at 10:09 AM.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 10:17 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Someone who is in the know has told a reliable source that all three new businesses going into this new plaza will be “new to market” and unique. The source however refused to name names.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 1:36 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Does Moncton really like it's burritos that much? Granite can't be cheap to rent and I hardly ever see anyone at either Guacamole's locations where it seems like every 2nd new fast casual place that opens in moncton is a burrito joint.

I'm going to call it now, that bubble will burst and within 2 years they will be mostly gone.

They sell more than burritos and Quesada in Dieppe is always packed whenever I go there. Guacamole has 4 locations in the city so they must be doing something right. I think a barburrito or two won't tank the entire fast Mexican bubble.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's carnage going on right now for almost every Source location in NB. Many of them have been closed without notice. This apparently includes the Wheeler Park store. The CF Champlain location is still safe (for now).

While almost all retail plazas in metro Moncton are healthy (or expanding), Wheeler Park is looking more and more distressed all the time. Choice REIT (the owners) seem to be disinterested in this property. Perhaps new ownership should be in order...........

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:09 AM

Quote:
There's carnage going on right now for almost every Source location in NB. Many of them have been closed without notice. This apparently includes the Wheeler Park store. The CF Champlain location is still safe (for now).

While almost all retail plazas in metro Moncton are healthy (or expanding), Wheeler Park is looking more and more distressed all the time. Choice REIT (the owners) seem to be disinterested in this property. Perhaps new ownership should be in order...........
Same thing has been happening to a bunch of them in Nova Scotia. Only time I've ever seen them busy is during the Christmas shopping season. I suppose it was only a matter of time before this occurred.

Old Posted May 21, 2022, 3:38 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Charmed Aroma is now open at CF Champlain.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 4:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have just announced the first of the three tenants for the new building in the Granite Centre - Subway.

I must admit to feeling quite underwhelmed by this. They promised us "new to market" enterprises. How many Subways do we have in town right now? 12????

Hardly new to market...........

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 4:57 PM

Quote:
They have just announced the first of the three tenants for the new building in the Granite Centre - Subway.

I must admit to feeling quite underwhelmed by this. They promised us "new to market" enterprises. How many Subways do we have in town right now? 12????

So we'll have 2 McDonalds, 2 Starbucks and now 2 Subways in the same neighborhood. Great...
I wonder if the lot across from DQ will end up being a competing DQ!

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
So we'll have 2 McDonalds, 2 Starbucks and now 2 Subways in the same neighborhood. Great...
I wonder if the lot across from DQ will end up being a competing DQ!
Nope, it needs another Tim Hortons to balance things out. There’s only one of those in the neighborhood.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 9:58 AM

3.5Km and a 6 minute drive to the Morton Subway... I assume they want to get people going shopping near Granite but I agree, total cop out on the 'new to market' by Colliers.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Nope, it needs another Tim Hortons to balance things out. There’s only one of those in the neighborhood.
Make it 3! It's always good when you have options to avoid the morning rush traffic.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 1:14 PM

Quote:
3.5Km and a 6 minute drive to the Morton Subway... I assume they want to get people going shopping near Granite but I agree, total cop out on the 'new to market' by Colliers.
Yeah, I guess I was looking from my own perspective where I live right in between, so I have duplicates of all these restaurants 3 minutes from me. I was also excited by the "new to market" announcement. Here's hoping the next one will be!

Old Posted May 29, 2022, 4:20 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:

Looks like tenant number 2 is a Taco Boyz. New to market but boy do we have a lot of fast Mexican options in this city . Image courtesy of Retail talk and share

Old Posted May 29, 2022, 4:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting. This will fill up this little plaza right at the front of the Granite Centre next to Elmwood Drive, all with fast food options - McDonald's, Taco Boyz & Boustan.

They need to attract more retail to the Granite Centre. Hopefully the remaining two CRUs in Plaza Six will be retail oriented. I am optimistic.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 2:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Pseudio is now closed at CF Champlain in preparation for their move into the Samuel & Co. space

Samuel & Co. are in the final phases of their liquidation sale before closing. I imagine the conversion of the store to Pseudo will happen quite quickly.

The former Pseudio location will become Torrid. Opening is expected in August.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Looks like tenant number 2 is a Taco Boyz. New to market but boy do we have a lot of fast Mexican options in this city ������. Image courtesy of Retail talk and share
Tenant #3: Blaze Pizza

This one is legit new to New Brunswick and to the Maritimes I think; their website didn't show any locations east of Toronto that I could find.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Tenant #3: Blaze Pizza

This one is legit new to New Brunswick and to the Maritimes I think; their website didn't show any locations east of Toronto that I could find.
There’s one in Charlottetown PEI and one is opening soon at Avalon Mall in St. John’s Newfoundland on June.14th. So it will just be a first in New Brunswick.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 4:05 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
There’s one in Charlottetown PEI and one is opening in Avalon Mall in St. John’s Newfoundland. So it will be a first in New Brunswick.
They have a similar concept to Pannizza that we had at Wyse street a long while back. An American franchise but seems to been expanding well in Canada for 5+ years now. Nice grab!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces