HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 3, 2007, 1:08 AM

My Honolulu-Hawaii picture

I thought I would share some of the photos I recently took while on a cruise of the Hawaiian Islands. Honolulu was the starting (and ending) point. I only had a few hours there to take these, so, I just sort of snapped whatever looked interesting.

From the plane as we approached the airport:

Downtown Honolulu:

My cruise ship is in the foreground

I always thought the Hawaiian State Capital was an ugly, uninspired 60s-retro style bore. I realized I judged it too harshly after I learned it's design features were made specifically to not only pay tribute to the volanoes that formed the islands and the waters that surround them, but, also to the palm trees that line their shores.

A little of china town:

Back towards the pier:

Early morning in Waikiki/Honolulu as we docked upon our return:

All in all, I was very impressed with the city. Modern, yet reflective of it's heritage. American, yet, distinctly Hawaiian. As someone in another forum suggested, a very underrated American city.

I also have pictures of some of the ports on the other islands (Hilo, Kailua-Kona, Lahaina and Kahului) which I will try and post in a few days. Nice in their own respect, but, none are nearly as impressive from an urban skyline perspective as Honolulu.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos