HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 5:15 PM

Not specifically Chicago, but very related to our discussion of ACS estimates the past couple of years. NYC's Planning Department doesn't trust the ACS 2023 estimates, especially since it doesn't count the almost 200k migrants who've arrived in the city. They told the NYTimes that they're will work with the Census to correct their estimates. I recommend everyone reads the NYC Planning's report, they list some explanations of why ACS is wildly off: https://www.nyc.gov/site/planning/pl...estimates.page

Chicago should also ask the Census to correct the 2023 estimates. I mentioned in the General Discussions thread that the city undercounts the number of migrants in the city, since they only tally people on buses sent by Texas. So this number also doesn't count the over 30k Ukrainians who've arrived in the past two years. I'd rather we not end up in the same scenario as NYC where there are drastically two different estimates, and the media primarily reports the significantly lower one.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:27 PM
Plenary pleasures.

I have to say, seeing all the Boeing-related news as of late and how their toxic C-suite culture has messed up flagship products so profoundly, I'm kinda glad they're not based out of or associated with Chicago anymore.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
I have to say, seeing all the Boeing-related news as of late and how their toxic C-suite culture has messed up flagship products so profoundly, I'm kinda glad they're not based out of or associated with Chicago anymore.
I have to admit - I agree. And I don't want to see anyone fail but things are surfacing now showing the CEO and C-suite was more concerned with greasing the hands of the government to short cut safety and quality things and move a small operational HQ instead of you know - making sure everything was of the utmost quality.

I'm surprised the CEO stepping down isn't effective immediately or within a month rather than end of the year. The guy should just retire and stop fucking with important industries. He's a disgrace.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest