HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 9:59 PM

I found some information about a few of the developers associated with this project.

One of them is LEO Unlimited who is run by Edmund Beck. https://78209magazine.com/business-p...-unlimited-inc (article about him and his story) He was involved with the Thompson Hotel development

The other is USG Developers who was also involved in the Thompson project. https://www.usgdevelopers.com/

Finally, REAL International is the other company mentioned. Not sure their role but they are based in Austin. https://realinternational.com/

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 10:27 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Even bigger if truer? I guess this would be the biggest development downtown by far since like Rivercenter if completed.

Last edited by Keep-SA-Lame; Sep 3, 2020 at 1:11 AM.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 2:13 AM
James

I think the positive result of the Thompson project might have given them a firm belief that this will do well. Plus this will take a few years to build out so I'm sure they feel confident about it.

Like Kevin said, these heights are all off. We'll have to wait to see the final product. My guess is nothing will be over 300ft. Which I'm fine with. That will add some nice foot traffic and density to the area that is normally pretty dead.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 4:22 AM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTrance View Post
This was posted to Cube3 IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEXfXmZg...d=jcsq5x93t4wc

Also looks like project name is Riverplace.
It will add really nice infill to this angle:

https://www.beecreekphoto.com/images...o-D85_2913.jpg

But it will substantially block the Tower from this angle:

https://www.imagesfromtexas.com/imag...noon-103-2.jpg

But I'll take it!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 5:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
It will add really nice infill to this angle:

https://www.beecreekphoto.com/images...o-D85_2913.jpg

But it will substantially block the Tower from this angle:

https://www.imagesfromtexas.com/imag...noon-103-2.jpg

But I'll take it!
That top skyline photo doesn't look real.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 5:26 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
I'm curious about the canopy that extends across Convent Street in the USG rendering. Also both renderings show two large buildings to the north of the Riverplace development, one on the southwest corner of Soledad and Giraud, and another behind it, presumably in the parking lot where Giraud dead-ends at Main. What's that about?
I want to say all those buildings are part of the same development. Didn’t the first few articles about The Dream hotel say it’d be part of a multiple building development?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 6:22 AM

I knew I remembered this from a few years ago. I’m assuming the developers bought the properties and they’re now developing it.

https://sanantonioreport.org/six-riv...n-san-antonio/

Downtown lots for sale back in 2014:

Seems like lots 1, 2, 3 and 4 were bought by these developers.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 4:19 PM

The Weston Center sure looks better without that horrid sign on top.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 8:41 PM

!

That pic of the night sky line is real. That is exactly how the skyline looks like on a clear, cool, autumn night from atop my residential building! Especially after a cool front blows in and blows out all dust and particles away!

Looks stunning!!

Anxiously awaiting this blockbuster of a project!!!!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
That pic of the night sky line is real.
Both photos are taken from the north. The daytime photo is unaltered. The nighttime photo has buildings moved around for aesthetic purposes, I assume. The Marriott Rivercenter has been moved, the Tower Life building has been moved, The Tower of the Americas and the Alamodome have been moved. It's really obvious.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 6:04 AM
Meh

I'm dreading anything being built that will block the view of the Marriott Rivercenter as seen in that top photo that Jack posted. I love that building anyway, but that view of it has always been one of my favorites. When I was a kid and would visit San Antonio, hitting the postcard rack to pick up some postcards showing off the skyline was a nerdy hobby of mine.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 6:29 AM

Quote:
Both photos are taken from the north. The daytime photo is unaltered. The nighttime photo has buildings moved around for aesthetic purposes, I assume. The Marriott Rivercenter has been moved, the Tower Life building has been moved, The Tower of the Americas and the Alamodome have been moved. It's really obvious.
I don’t think anything was altered or edited. The perspective is just different.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 6:41 PM

[IMG]San Antonio Skyline by Raul Medina III, on Flickr[/IMG]

I have take the same shot from the same view, it is not altered at all. Just a different perspective like sirkingwilliam said.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 7:06 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I don’t think anything was altered or edited. The perspective is just different.
Yeah, I don't think it was edited either, except for lighting. That was always my favorite view of the skyline, and as I said, it was the view I'd be looking for in postcards. By the way, the Thompson Hotel looks good there.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 7:09 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

I hope this is not a sign...but, Dream San Antonio is no longer listed under "Future Dream Destinations" on their website.

The only U.S. "future" locations listed are Palm Springs, Atlanta-Buckhead, and Dallas.

Ugh!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
[IMG]
I have take the same shot from the same view, it is not altered at all. Just a different perspective like sirkingwilliam said.
Then maybe you can answer a question for me. Why does the Tower of the Americas look so much larger in the night pic than the day pic? Is it just a matter of different lenses?

Also, the first night pic has smokestacks behind the Marriott Rivercenter, and yours does not. Where did they come from?

Also also, would you mind telling me where you were when you took the photo?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 7:47 PM

I don't know anything about professional photography, or panoramic photography, so I don't understand how buildings can move so far from where they appear to be in very similar viewpoints. I got on Google Earth and screenshotted this angle of downtown, which seems very similar to the night skyline pic based on the location of the nearest buildings; the BOA building, the Weston Center, and the Wyndham. The Tower Life building is to the left of the Frost tower, but in your photo it's well to the right. The Tower of the Americas is also much further to the right. What causes this?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 7:56 PM

Quote:
I don't know anything about professional photography, or panoramic photography, so I don't understand how buildings can move so far from where they appear to be in very similar viewpoints. I got on Google Earth and screenshotted this angle of downtown, which seems very similar to the night skyline pic based on the location of the nearest buildings; the BOA building, the Weston Center, and the Wyndham. The Tower Life building is to the left of the Frost tower, but in your photo it's well to the right. The Tower of the Americas is also much further to the right. What causes this?
Spoiler, it’s all about perspective and angels. There is no need for all that. It just happens. Neither photo is altered or edited.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Spoiler, it’s all about perspective and angels. There is no need for all that. It just happens. Neither photo is altered or edited.
Angels, eh? I should have known there was some divine intervention.
I found this angle that moved the Tower Life building to a spot on Frost's right, but now the buildings on the left side of the picture are out of place.

I guess this is just beyond my simple mind to understand. Thanks, everybody, for trying to straighten me out. But I still don't get why there's big white smokestacks behind the Marriott Rivercenter.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
I hope this is not a sign...but, Dream San Antonio is no longer listed under "Future Dream Destinations" on their website.

The only U.S. "future" locations listed are Palm Springs, Atlanta-Buckhead, and Dallas.

Ugh!
Their target day for opening previously was 2023 so still plenty of time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio