HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Wow. That's huge. I don't see why something like this couldn't get built here, but I'd expect a 6-10 year build-out.
It is a huge amount of units and in that is amazing. It does look to be isolated from the rest of the city. Would be nice if it was designed as a village due to that isolation.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Ground level retail? Awesome!

I really think that with all this momentum moving west, those empty lots at 45th and Market should get something tall soon. Hopefully with Blackwell out, West Philly will be more conducive to development.
Not so sure about something tall anytime soon. Perhaps after Mazo's Platinum Corridor is built out, which seems more likely to happen and happen on a quicker timetable with the federal opportunity zone legislation. Pretty sure some of those plots of land are covered.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:

I really think that with all this momentum moving west, those empty lots at 45th and Market should get something tall soon. Hopefully with Blackwell out, West Philly will be more conducive to development.
Also, don't those lots contain the beginning of the El and El infrastructure?

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 11:19 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Also, don't those lots contain the beginning of the El and El infrastructure?
I'm thinking he meant the SW corner of Farragut & Market.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmcshan View Post

1,096 Unit Mixed-Use Project Proposed Next to Graffiti Pier in the Riverwards

This is a huge project for the area. 848 units + 248 townhouses. Anyone think it will actually get built? Article Link
I would just ask that they build their streets out in a way that enables this development to connect easily with (future) developments on (large) lots to the south and west.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 12:02 AM

It's actually about a half mile from the end of the Girard trolley. Might need some pedestrian/cylcist friendly modifications at Berks and Delaware, but it could be connected.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 4:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
I'm thinking he meant the SW corner of Farragut & Market.
That’s the one.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 12:56 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
That’s the one.
Don't get your hopes up on that one. Can't go into detail but it's pretty much stuck empty for the foreseeable future.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:13 PM

Quote:

Looks good. Could we convince them not to name this "The Next LVL"? "LVL" would be enough–just as futuristic and annoying sounding, but still better.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 4:00 PM

Love to see another office building proposed at the Navy Yard. Got build that BSL extension already!

https://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/p..._updated_r.pdf

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 8:29 PM
Midrise

deleted - I had at first confused this, at 300 Rouse Bvd, with 400 Rouse Bvd, where foundation work is already underway for Wuxi App Tec's 4th Navy Yard building.

Last edited by Jayfar; May 23, 2019 at 8:42 PM.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
LOL at the generic "TENANT NAME" in the render. As was announced last fall before the groundbreaking 300 Rouse is for China-based WuXi AppTec (pronounced wooshee, according to my cow-orkers).
I believe this is different than the WuXi building. The WuXi building is at Rouse and League Island whereas this is at the corner of Normandy and 11th. They are similar buildings though.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 9:17 PM
Midrise

Quote:
I believe this is different than the WuXi building. The WuXi building is at Rouse and League Island whereas this is at the corner of Normandy and 11th. They are similar buildings though.
Thanks, corrected. I realized that as soon as I posted and took a close look at the CDR doc.

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 3:32 PM

Some retail coming to 20th and Market. Nice to see. That area is a deadzone and this should help liven it up.

Quote:
The new owner of 2000 Market St. in Philadelphia is exploring constructing a “glass box” on a plaza area adjacent to the building that would create new retail space and a distinguishing element for the office tower.

Nahla Capital, a New York-based real estate private equity firm that bought the building last year, is proposing a structure that would total 9,832 square feet over three levels, of which one would be sunken into the existing courtyard. The new glass building was designed to compliment the office building, said Dave Schultz of DAS Architects, who designed it.
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel..._news_headline

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 3:47 PM

This looks great! Awesome that they're filling in this spot.

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Some retail coming to 20th and Market. Nice to see. That area is a deadzone and this should help liven it up.

Yes, and it would be great to see the same happen at 1700 Market. I hope that plan does come to fruition too. I hear more from a source in the know that Morgan Lewis is seriously looking at the Parkway site at 23rd and Market. Nothing approved, and there are many wrinkles that would need to be ironed out, but it's definitely more than an academic discussion at the firm. If that does happen, I think 1701 Market should get converted to residential. That would do a lot for vibrancy in the CBD.

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 8:00 PM

Every so often I will check up on this property near Lehigh Ave. There are some (what I believe to be) new renderings on Loopnet. Not sure if anyone has seen these yet:

Woods Square

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdman View Post
Every so often I will check up on this property near Lehigh Ave. There are some (what I believe to be) new renderings on Loopnet. Not sure if anyone has seen these yet:

Woods Square
Wow...hadn't seen those before. East Kensington is really booming.

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 11:09 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:

I love how a decent size retail glass box can fit between two large buildings. Very well use of space.

Old Posted May 28, 2019, 6:26 PM

This gives a nice overview of how far 100k goes around the country. Philly ranks 15 out of 50. Also gives a nice snapshot of taxation on incomes.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development