HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 5, 2011, 10:57 PM

Beautiful shots. I love the colors reflected in the bay.

Haven't seen Centrust (or whatever it's called now) lit up in that golden yellow color in awhile. Nice.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post

I am SO tired of seeing that huge gap between Marina Blue and Everglades on the Bay. I can't wait until they build that new building by Freedom tower.

Great pictures as always, QuantumX!

Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 4:46 PM

Looking at the above image, I'm wondering about the Miami Marine Stadium. Walked around on it after it was closed after Hurricane Andrew, but never got the chance to see an event there. I know there is a drive by local preservationists to have it designated as historic and renovate it, but have there been any recent developments that anyone knows of?

I think it could be such a cool venue for Miami again and don't quite understand why nothing has been done for almost 20 years now.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 8:49 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Beautiful shots. I love the colors reflected in the bay.

Haven't seen Centrust (or whatever it's called now) lit up in that golden yellow color in awhile. Nice.
The new owners of the now Miami Tower are in search of a new prestigious major tenant for the prestigious tower. I was hoping it would be Chase after Bank of America left, but they don't seem to be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Looking at the above image, I'm wondering about the Miami Marine Stadium. Walked around on it after it was closed after Hurricane Andrew, but never got the chance to see an event there. I know there is a drive by local preservationists to have it designated as historic and renovate it, but have there been any recent developments that anyone knows of?

I think it could be such a cool venue for Miami again and don't quite understand why nothing has been done for almost 20 years now.
When I went by there a year ago (almost to this very date), there was some renovation work being done on it. That is how I was able to get in to get these pictures. Otherwise, there would have been a security guard posted. I'm not sure what is to become of the Miami Marine Stadium, but there is renewed interest in it.

[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 8:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
The new owners of the now Miami Tower are in search of a new prestigious major tenant for the prestigious tower. I was hoping it would be Chase after Bank of America left, but they don't seem to be interested.

When I went by there a year ago (almost to this very date), there was some renovation work being done on it. That is how I was able to get in to get these pictures. Otherwise, there would have been a security guard posted. I'm not sure what is to become of the Miami Marine Stadium, but there is renewed interest in it.

I Really Hope Miami Marine Stadium gets a revival again.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2011, 7:31 PM

MetroRail extension- Airport Link construction pics

click on the link below to reach a photo gallery that has 9 albums with over 100 photos of the MetroRail construction of the extension to the Airport/Intermodal Center. There are even pics of the new station there.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/photogallery.asp

Last edited by bobdreamz; Jan 22, 2011 at 7:44 PM.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2011, 12:31 PM
Honored Member

This has the Marine Stadium in it that we are trying to save. Can I share it with the volunteer committee that is trying to save it? It makes the setting wonderful. A

S

Thanks very much for this photo. What a great view! We don't have anything quite like it. I'd like to post it on our website (with a photo credit for you, of course.) Please let me know if this is ok-and if so, how you would like your name to read.....

Best regards

DW
Friends of Marine Stadium

http://www.marinestadium.org/index.php

[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Last edited by QuantumX; Jan 27, 2011 at 11:11 PM.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2011, 2:44 AM

Old Posted Jan 28, 2011, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
click on the link below to reach a photo gallery that has 9 albums with over 100 photos of the MetroRail construction of the extension to the Airport/Intermodal Center. There are even pics of the new station there.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/photogallery.asp
Wow!! Its looks awesome!! I can't wait to be completions in 2012 or 2013. I would try to get on metrorail once again. I do missed in South Florida very much.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2011, 10:02 PM
Honored Member

Great aerials of 1450 Brickell and great night shots of the Brickell area. How did you get them?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2011, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Great aerials of 1450 Brickell and great night shots of the Brickell area. How did you get them?
Thanks, I'm a Realtor in Brickell, so I'm up and down, in and out of buildings all day. The photo of 1450 Brickell was taken from the Palace.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2011, 12:05 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
Thanks, I'm a Realtor in Brickell, so I'm up and down, in and out of buildings all day. The photo of 1450 Brickell was taken from the Palace.
I tried to get shots from up in the Palace while I was doing freelance work for Coastal Construction, but they wouldn't let me. I was only able to get shots from the walkway. How did you get the night shots of Brickell Village? Was that from up inside of one of the Axis towers?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2011, 10:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Nice Miami.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2011, 10:46 PM

Old Posted Feb 1, 2011, 12:36 AM
Metal Up Your !

^^^^ Beautiful pictures of a beautiful city

Old Posted Feb 1, 2011, 3:18 AM

^ Near the water it is beautiful. Just about anywhere else... flat, ugly, and unnatural as it gets.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2011, 6:39 AM

I am sorry, but since when a city is natural. Plus there are many beautiful areas in miami that are not close to the water. Like Coral Gables, Miami Lakes, Kedall, Doral. Of course we have a lot of butt ugly places too.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2011, 10:42 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Come on Brickell Citicentre! We can't be certain what shape it will take, but Swire will put something there eventually.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2011, 11:24 AM
Honored Member

Club 50 at Viceroy Hotel and Spa.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2011, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhut View Post
I am sorry, but since when a city is natural. Plus there are many beautiful areas in miami that are not close to the water. Like Coral Gables, Miami Lakes, Kedall, Doral. Of course we have a lot of butt ugly places too.
A city is natural when it is shaped by the natural environment. Miami can only claim that to a small extent. Most of South Florida has been drained, filled, bulldozed, and paved over. This can be said about any city to an extent, but Florida's utter flatness posed no obstacles to development... and also offers zero topographical relief features.

That is why is said near the water (which offers the only unique natural feature of the Miami area... yeah, I know that there are parks and preserves and everything like that, but I'm talking about the cityscape in general) is all that offers beautiful views. Everything else is pretty much the same sprawly crap. Coral Gables, the Grove, and other older areas near the bay and coast are beautiful... as I said they are "near the water"... and they were either planned with the natural, tropical environment in mind (Coral Gables) or they were left in a more wild state, owing to their being the very first settlement areas of Miami.

If you think Miami Lakes, Kendall, and Doral are beautiful... then you have a very limited definition of beauty, in my opinion. I don't happen to find highways lined with planted palm trees, endless strip plazas, and suburban tract housing and apartment buildings to be beautiful... no matter how nicely they are landscaped. That is what most of the Miami area is. Miami's natural environment is, by and large, limited to the coast... and that's where it obviously exhibits its natural beauty. Miami is scenic when you are going over a causeway, looking at downtown and Brickell with the bay as a backdrop, on the beach, or happen to be in one of the older neighborhoods near the water... like the Gables or the Grove. Other than that, you can have Miami.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations