HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonDowntown View Post
By the way, the property next door on West Main Street that houses the Vape shop is currently on the market for over $1M! Wow. Only has .18 acres. Don't think that will sell anytime soon even if they get clearance to build 10 stories there.
Trying to cash in on a prime location. It would be nice to see new construction there. But I'd rather see that whole east side of Stewart Street combined to make one lot, and something more significant being built. There are a couple of houses there, so I won't hold my breath waiting for something happening there any time soon.

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 11:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tannery Place South - current status:

Windows are going in. They look to be of high quality.

Old Posted May 24, 2020, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Windows are going in. They look to be of high quality.
I see they've recently had a large amount of bricks delivered to the site. So I imagine we'll see brickwork happening on the exterior pretty soon. Also the 2nd apartment building should be starting up soon as well. Their website says Tannery North is starting summer 2020.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 1:47 PM

As per a marketing email, Sequoia Downtown is moving to Tannery Place:

Quote:
We could not be more excited about this decision. Our new location, opening Fall 2020 will be located in the beautiful Tannery Place in the Urban Junction Village, off of Vaughn Harvey. It will include easy access to a large parking lot, central location, beautiful brand new building.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 1:47 PM

Sequoia's downtown location will be moving into Tannery South in late fall 2020. (announced by the owner on social media)

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 2:15 PM

What I think I hear you saying is that Sequoia is moving to Tannery Place... specifically South.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 3:19 PM

Seems like it would be a good move for Sequoia. I never really liked Highfield St. for a store location. It sounds like this move will be a good opportunity for Sequoia to acquire new clients. And it's great to see Tannery place start leasing their ground floor.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2020, 1:46 AM

Exterior brick work is now underway. Scaffolding stacked with bricks is erected around the building.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 8:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Windows virtually all installed & ground level brick work complete.

Just waiting on the upper floor cladding. I would imagine once this is installed, they will make preparations to move the tower crane next door for construction of Tannery Place North, which is scheduled to begin this fall.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 5:37 PM

Tower crane coming down.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 6:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Tower crane coming down.
Soon to be reinstalled about 50M to the north.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 2:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's a picture I took today showing a mobile crane piling all the components of the tower crane on the lot immediately to the north of Tannery Place South. I am almost certain the tower crane will be reassembled shortly on a new pad to allow construction of Tannery Place North.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 12:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A slight revision to the site plan for the Junction Urban Village coming up before PAC for approval.

The image above shows the proposed access route to lot 20-2 (future hotel) from Ivan Rand. It does not appear there will be any direct street access to the hotel from Main Street. This would be problematic anyway given the proximity of this lot to the Main/Vaughan Harvey intersection. This likely precludes driveway access.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 1:07 PM

Quote:

Now that a Main street entrance is no longer planned for the Hotel, I sure hope they'll eliminate that huge setback, or if not, a least make it a plaza. I can't believe the city would allow what's essentially a front lawn facing Main street.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 1:35 PM

Quote:
A slight revision to the site plan for the Junction Urban Village coming up before PAC for approval.

The image above shows the proposed access route to lot 20-2 (future hotel) from Ivan Rand. It does not appear there will be any direct street access to the hotel from Main Street. This would be problematic anyway given the proximity of this lot to the Main/Vaughan Harvey intersection. This likely precludes driveway access.
I think that one of the previous site plans showed a small street from Main St. leading into the property. It just didn't seem to make sense to me. Trying to cut across traffic to turn left into the site would be an accident waiting to happen.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2020, 1:57 PM

Coming along great.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2020, 8:51 PM

I drove by the Junction site this morning. They had a small crew working on the Tannery Place south building. I would think we'll see something happening with the next building pretty soon.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Now that a Main street entrance is no longer planned for the Hotel, I sure hope they'll eliminate that huge setback, or if not, a least make it a plaza. I can't believe the city would allow what's essentially a front lawn facing Main street.
Geez, they really could have made a really nice 'curved' structure on that prominent corner...sometimes building designers befuddle me.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 6:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
Geez, they really could have made a really nice 'curved' structure on that prominent corner...sometimes building designers befuddle me.
Presuming that it is still to be a Home 2 Suites by Hilton, they probably have a cookie cutter design for the building that they have used previously in multiple locations, and intend to reuse here. Hopefully they will do something interesting with the land at the front of the building adjoining the sidewalk on Main Street.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2020, 5:56 PM

There was a crew (smaller) working this morning when I drove by the site, putting a push on to get the building finished. You would think that they'll start the 2nd building any time now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces