HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 2:59 PM

^^ Honestly theres so little room to make it appealing to pedestrians, but i think making it a mural/arts hotspot would be cool, painting the pillars, those Neon lights would work, even doing some form of occasional market there would be cool too. With unlimited funds id say put shups into those retaining walls and widen the sidewalkswith trees, and paint the sidewalks/streets to look pretty.

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 3:07 PM

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 3:32 PM
Philly Pholly

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 4:10 PM

Wow, Sefta. Not to get greedy here but that visualization makes me wonder how soon before those crappy one-story buildings in between are going down.

There is NOTHING in those buildings that is compelling. I would feel bad for Economy Restaurant Supply. They just relocated there from 2nd and Arch (still empty) about a year ago. It would suck to have to move again.

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 4:37 PM

SEFTA.. lwys love your graphics!
If you add in the 5th & Callowhill project (http://www.rising.realestate/7-story...nd-callowhill/), although its not a full skyscrapper, you have
major projects at all four corners

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Wow, Sefta. Not to get greedy here but that visualization makes me wonder how soon before those crappy one-story buildings in between are going down.

There is NOTHING in those buildings that is compelling. I would feel bad for Economy Restaurant Supply. They just relocated there from 2nd and Arch (still empty) about a year ago. It would suck to have to move again.
The three buildings on the right side set back from the road are also owned by National. They're part of the next phase of this project that we haven't seen plans for yet

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_account12 View Post
The three buildings on the right side set back from the road are also owned by National. They're part of the next phase of this project that we haven't seen plans for yet
it would be nice to get some mixed use in that spot.

a well branded mid range boutique hotel concept like the canopy would kill it in that location.

even an office use I think would lease up quickly.

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post

a well branded mid range boutique hotel concept like the canopy would kill it in that location.

Absolutely! That hotel/entertainment venue they were talking about at 4th and Race would kill it there. The proximity to 95 would actually work in their favor.

I mean, i'm not saying that I don't absolutely LOVE what they did at 4th and Race - talk about ground breaking designs, but this idea is amazing for this location.

Im with you....I think those sites go quickly.

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 5:52 PM
Chris

Quote:

An AC Marriott would fit well in that mix. Philadelphia doesn't have one yet. Solid mid-tier brand. That area will definitely need a major hotel brand once all this takes off.

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
An AC Marriott would fit well in that mix. Philadelphia doesn't have one yet. Solid mid-tier brand. That area will definitely need a major hotel brand once all this takes off.
Actually, an AC Marriott is already being built in Chinatown.

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
They just relocated there from 2nd and Arch (still empty) about a year ago. It would suck to have to move again.
That's why you put early termination clauses in your lease! If they force you to move before your lease is up, you better get paid for it!

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 5:35 PM
Philly Pholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
SEFTA.. lwys love your graphics!
If you add in the 5th & Callowhill project (http://www.rising.realestate/7-story...nd-callowhill/), although its not a full skyscrapper, you have
major projects at all four corners
I generally try to concentrate on the "high-rises". Mostly because they have their own threads and easy to access for reference. I otherwise must scroll through the low-rise thread searching. If they're pivotal I try to include them. Yes 5th and Callowhill is a pivotal project.

Last edited by SEFTA; May 31, 2021 at 6:41 PM.

Old Posted May 31, 2021, 4:37 AM

With this project i know there redeveloping the whole side of the block facing the freeway, but what else are they redeveloping? The other side of the block to the west? Multiple blocks?
Nonetheless this is an amazing project and hope this area can take off, just need the city to make it better for pedestrians..... :/

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
That's why you put early termination clauses in your lease! If they force you to move before your lease is up, you better get paid for it!
There should be pre-identified zones of the city where these dislocated businesses (from one story buildings in booming areas) that we want to keep in town can move to quickly in a pinch.

The most logical zone in my mind atm is the Erie Avenue corridor (which frankly, should be a KOZ) and the Frankford Arsenal area. Zones around the airport can work as well, though many of these businesses cater to other small businesses in the city, so it's nice to be in the grid slash close to downtown.

Maybe South Philly above the Navy Yard (that no mans zone around IKEA) could also work.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 8:01 PM

Full Look At Developments In “SoNo” – Philadelphia’s Future Development Hotbed

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/06/full...s-in-sono.html

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
There should be pre-identified zones of the city where these dislocated businesses (from one story buildings in booming areas) that we want to keep in town can move to quickly in a pinch.

The most logical zone in my mind atm is the Erie Avenue corridor (which frankly, should be a KOZ) and the Frankford Arsenal area. Zones around the airport can work as well, though many of these businesses cater to other small businesses in the city, so it's nice to be in the grid slash close to downtown.

Maybe South Philly above the Navy Yard (that no mans zone around IKEA) could also work.
great idea. If the City is willing and able to spend money on trying to attract new business, like amazon whorehouses, they should really work hard to keep the ones who already exist in the City.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 6:02 PM
PHL

Awesome!! I walk by here often and always think it needs some love.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 6:55 PM

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 7:15 PM

260’ to mech roof.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 8:45 PM

Not sure I understand the entirety of 2nd street facing building as a covered parking structure. Is that right?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals