HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 14, 2023, 12:28 PM
New Brunswick booster!

Will Saint Thomas ever be merged with UNB?

I graduated from STU in 2012 with a liberal arts degree, and there were mumbles of the liberal arts being a dying choice for education back when i started in 2008. Fast forward to today, and STU has sold both Rigby and Chatham Halls on Forest Hill, and enrolment has been going down for a decade or more. Do any of you think it will be a thing in the future when the universities will merge? Would love to hear thoughts.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2023, 1:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Maybe STU should move back to the Miramichi. There is no anglophone higher education in northern NB at present.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2023, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxfordGuy View Post
I graduated from STU in 2012 with a liberal arts degree, and there were mumbles of the liberal arts being a dying choice for education back when i started in 2008. Fast forward to today, and STU has sold both Rigby and Chatham Halls on Forest Hill, and enrolment has been going down for a decade or more. Do any of you think it will be a thing in the future when the universities will merge? Would love to hear thoughts.
Certainly could see St Thomas being amalgamated into UNB and continuing to serve as a primary liberal arts, social, etc provider on the hill. STU does things that UNB does not currently, and this makes them unique but also would make them desirable (I think) and more easily incorporated into a single school.

Similar amalgamations happen all the time, and many institutions are built on the history of several previously independent bodies. UPEI is the spawn of the Prince of Wales College (PWC) and St. Dunstan’s University (SDU).

Old Posted Jul 14, 2023, 4:20 PM
New Brunswick booster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Maybe STU should move back to the Miramichi. There is no anglophone higher education in northern NB at present.
NBCC Miramichi.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces