50 Hudson Yards in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 6:35 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
from the Hudson Yards Website. http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/li...udson-yards-13

Estimating using the height of 30 Hudson Yard's observation platform, this one should be ~1100ft

At least that render is, but it's too early to get an exact height on this tower. That design is just a placeholder.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2014, 12:45 AM

I hope the design ends up as something similar.
btw, we need diagrams for the other hudson yards buildings (this, 35, 55,)

Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 10:17 PM

I will miss that MC.

Some old building in the area.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 4:14 PM
Editor

Pretty slick looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
from the Hudson Yards Website. http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/li...udson-yards-13

Estimating using the height of 30 Hudson Yard's observation platform, this one should be ~1100ft

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 5:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post

Some old building in the area.
Those pre-war beauties will be missed. The tan/beige is very beautiful. Robert AM Stern, take note on how real 1930s buildings were made.

Last edited by Perklol; Feb 6, 2014 at 12:27 AM.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 6:54 PM
Show me the blueprints

Is that second one definitely coming down?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 8:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Good question. Is it? (...lol)

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 12:02 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
NO.

I don't see anything beautiful about the old Coach building. It's old, but even at that, it doesn't look "classic". Put it anywhere else in the city, it's just another unidentifiable old building. Put it on the spot of some impending new building, suddenly it's going to be missed. I just don't get it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 12:22 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
it's just another unidentifiable old building
True now that you mentioned it. I just thought the 34th street side was very handsome looking and will never be seen again when razed. The other sides are an eyesore and will not be missed!

Last edited by Perklol; Feb 6, 2014 at 1:28 PM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 7:37 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
NO.

I don't see anything beautiful about the old Coach building. It's old, but even at that, it doesn't look "classic". Put it anywhere else in the city, it's just another unidentifiable old building. Put it on the spot of some impending new building, suddenly it's going to be missed. I just don't get it.
I think the reason for that is because we don't see those buildings coming up anymore. Sure, it might look regular compared to other, more ornate, older buildings, but when you think about it, it will never be replaced either. It will come to the point where we might look back and ask if we could have saved a bit more. However, as you've mentioned before, there are so many in NYC right now, it's not close to being a problem. I just happen to have the fear of losing them entirely.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 7:48 PM

So what buildings in the Hudson Yards are U/C or are undergoing site prep? The south tower is rising, the north tower is, I believe, undergoing site prep but otherwise ready to rise. Are there any other proposals that are close to rising?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 1:17 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
as you've mentioned before, there are so many in NYC right now, it's not close to being a problem. I just happen to have the fear of losing them entirely.
Well, that will never happen, for a variety of practical and financial reasons to numerous to get into. Rest easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
So what buildings in the Hudson Yards are U/C or are undergoing site prep? The south tower is rising, the north tower is, I believe, undergoing site prep but otherwise ready to rise. Are there any other proposals that are close to rising?
I would put this one further off on the construction timetable, though if Related manages to snag another mega-lease for the Hudson Yards area, this would be the likely space. 55 Hudson is for smaller tenants, and 30 Hudson has largely been taken over by Time Warner. The other large office tower planned for the western half of the railyards is too far off.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 2:15 AM

^^On the other side of the coin, it's frustrating when some of these large ornate buildings are demolished when in neighborhoods like this especially, the quality of replacements is (A) not very good (not talking about hudson yards, but virtually every new development in hells kitchen), and (b) there is a gluttony of open space in this part of town.

As for other established neighborhoods it varies. Park Avenue in the 50s has lost nearly all of its prewar office buildings, which is why a building like the Drake is harder to see torn down. Likewise when a row of town homes on the upper east side comes down, I don't think theres reason to weep.

The key's context, just because manhattan as a whole has many prewar buildings doesn't mean its a blanket condition across all neighborhoods, and not all pre-war buildings are created equal. A warehouse in the meatpacking district should not be seen as equal to a madison avenue hotel (however often times this doesn't feel like the case).

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 2:18 AM

Back to this building, its going to have to come down here, since the realignment of 33rd st needs to take place, you'll notice on the 33rd street photo the dip in the street, this is going to be regraded (Flat), and underground access to the subway from the HY Mall will be introduced. Its easier here to start from scratch, and it will allow for easier flow between properties.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2014, 10:00 PM
New Yorker for life

http://chelseanow.com/2014/02/hudson...ern-rail-yard/

Feb 26, 2014
BY SAM SPOKONY

Quote:
.....And in terms of looking for tenants, Related is now going through that process for two other office towers planned for the north side of West 33rd Street — technically not over the rail yard, but still considered by the developer to be an extension of the first half of the Hudson Yards project.

One of those planned buildings, 50 Hudson Yards will rise to 62 stories and will be wide enough to cover nearly half the block between 10th and 11th Avenue, according to current plans.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 9:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Not the final design of the tower, but another look at a render...

http://piranhanyc.com/work/hudson-yards.html

Quote:
Related commissioned us to create interior and exterior architectural perspectives to illustrate the prestigious Hudson Yards redevelopment project.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 10:03 PM
DENNAB

Wow!

New York is turning into China and I'm not upset about it

(Okay I meant to say China is turning into New York and now NYC is designing buildings that look as cool as theirs, before everyone gets mad at me.)

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 10:05 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I noticed the rendering has floors with very tall ceiling heights and some without. Are those suppose to be trading floors?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 12:06 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I noticed the rendering has floors with very tall ceiling heights and some without. Are those suppose to be trading floors?
Who knows. The whole thing looks a mess. It's an assault on my eyes. But it does show that Related means business about getting something built there.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 4:27 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

New York YIMBY:

New Renderings: 50 Hudson Yards
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON APRIL 30TH 2014 AT 6:30 AM

Quote:
As depicted in Piranha’s renderings, 50 Hudson Yards will stand approximately 62 stories to its pinnacle, with extremely generous ceiling heights pushing the tower’s roof to approximately 1,068 feet above street level, per recent Related graphics posted on Curbed. The tower will measure 2.3 million square feet.

Curbed NY

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture