HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Feb 17, 2008, 2:15 AM
Ya Dig!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew2109 View Post
Texas-OU should move their game there. I know the game coincides with State Fair but damn. Nice stadium and bout time too
You'd be hardpressed to find anyone agree with you in that area. Most Texas and OU fans would like to see it go home and home before it ever moves to Jerryworld. I'm one of them btw(Texas fan that is).

Old Posted Feb 21, 2008, 9:16 AM

These construction pics are close to a month old, but you can see the progress being made...

The following are from DallasCowboys.com...

The following are from www.flickr.com/photos/nrrh and show some of the facade going up...

The view from the Rangers ballpark (whatever they're calling it now days)...

Old Posted Feb 21, 2008, 9:29 AM

Perhaps more amazing still is that despite ticket prices that are so far beyond any other team in the NFL, or in the world for that matter, ticket sales are strong. About half of the seats that cost between $16,000 and $150,000 each (before actual game tickets and parking) have been sold and more that 2/3 of the roughly 400 suites that will cost between $100,000 and $500,000 a year have been sold. In fact, sales are so strong, that the Cowboys are considering adding 100 suites to bring the total up to around 500. All that and supposedly ticket sales have only been open to current season ticket holders. They still have a year and a half to sale to the rest of the public and they have only been on sale for about two months or so.

http://www.star-telegram.com/330/story/456493.html
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...ite_dreams.php

Old Posted Feb 21, 2008, 9:49 AM

In news and development somewhat related to Jerryworld, there is a cool rendering of the Ballpark, Jerryworld and Glorypark (u/c)...

http://www.arlingtontx.gov/community...arlington.html

It's still a crap load of parking, but a helluva lot better than what is there now.

Some more fairly recent renderings of Glorypark...

http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/sh...9&page=9&pp=50

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 2:47 AM

I think this stadium would look better if they left the roof off completely so that the arches would stay really visible like they are right now. The rendering of the finished stadium looks very cold and sterile to me. It sort of looks like what would happen if a flying saucer and the Superdome had a baby. A very big baby of coarse. It's too bad that the stadium is so far away from Dallas, but on the other hand, if this stadium comes out looking as plain jane as it looks in the drawings, then maybe it's a good thing it won't be too visible.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 6:02 AM

Video of the second arch being completed. The stadium is said to be 55% complete and 3 weeks ahead of schedule...

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dall...d=221106&shu=1

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 8:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I think this stadium would look better if they left the roof off completely so that the arches would stay really visible like they are right now. The rendering of the finished stadium looks very cold and sterile to me. It sort of looks like what would happen if a flying saucer and the Superdome had a baby. A very big baby of coarse. It's too bad that the stadium is so far away from Dallas, but on the other hand, if this stadium comes out looking as plain jane as it looks in the drawings, then maybe it's a good thing it won't be too visible.
Its only about 15 minutes from DT Dallas, and maybe 5-10 minutes from the Dallas City Limits. And its pretty damned visible. When I go to meet my girlfriend for lunch in Irving, I can see it clearly from where George Bush Turnpike and 114. Huge structure!!!!! Looks 2-3 times larger than the Ballpark, which you can't see at all from the afformentioned location.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 2:43 PM

What's amazing is that as big as it is when you pass buy, the actual playing field and an entire bowls worth of seats sits something like 50 feet below street level. Supposedly, you can stick the Statue of Liberty on the 50 yard line and close the roof with room to spare.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 4:49 PM

15 minutes is too far away, IMO. Plus, in 'real time' its more like 25 or 30 minutes after you add traffic and that nifty little jog in Arlington. I wanted the stadium nearer to the city of Dallas. I was hoping for DT, but O well.

But it is true that the stadium can be seen from very far away. It looks like a tiny eggshell way off on the horizon.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 5:40 PM

I dont mind the location of the stadium. This is a very massive building

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 10:07 PM
H-town Baller

That thing is huge overall, and the roofline really adds to the height.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2008, 4:13 PM
Supertall Fan #1

Quite a stadium for sure but the prices for the seats are way out of line for most current fans. JJ may have to adjust them accordingly to fill the seats.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2008, 7:15 PM
Funkytown's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
15 minutes is too far away, IMO. Plus, in 'real time' its more like 25 or 30 minutes after you add traffic and that nifty little jog in Arlington. I wanted the stadium nearer to the city of Dallas. I was hoping for DT, but O well.
Too far away, huh?
Yeah, just ask how Tarrant County residents how they feel about driving to the other side of the Metroplex for all the major sports events...

Old Posted Apr 10, 2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWatcher View Post
Quite a stadium for sure but the prices for the seats are way out of line for most current fans. JJ may have to adjust them accordingly to fill the seats.
I don't know if you read one of the articles above, but ticket sales, even at those prices, have been just fine. The demand is strong enough for the prices.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2008, 2:14 AM

any ideas on what its gonna be called???

Romodome anyone???

Old Posted Apr 13, 2008, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew2109 View Post
any ideas on what its gonna be called???

Romodome anyone???
Don't know, but the deal should be worth North of $500 million.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2008, 7:28 PM
Funkytown's finest

More than likely, it will be either:
"[major corporation name] Stadium at [either Glorypark or in Arlington]

or

"Tom Landry Field at [major corporation name] Stadium"

I think most will agree that some company is going to slap their name across that big roof.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2008, 8:35 PM
Ya Dig!!

From what I heard, it maybe AT&T Field. BLAH. Name it Tom Landy Field.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2008, 3:34 AM

It was just on the 10:00 news,AT&T field is a top contender.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2008, 2:49 PM

but there is already an AT&T Field located in Chattanooga, TN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Field

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development