Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 10:24 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
For the first time in over 50 years the SF skyline is finally going vertical instead of horizontal and breaking out of the tabletop. Every week after this one is going to be more and more dramatic.
Exactly! It's exciting day by day to see this happening from home as well as from many places and viewpoints around the City and Bay!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 12:06 AM

Looks like the top of the core is now reaching level 51...which would make it now the 2nd tallest in SF from base to top.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantw View Post
9/7/16

Glass Update:

Nice shot! The new glassier panels show what the majority of the tower will be clad in and look like.

This is going to be a beautiful tower, and as mentioned above, such an exciting one to watch!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 2:00 AM

I agree, the fenestration is gorgeous and it will look like a giant crystal rising into the sky.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 7:31 AM

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 1:17 PM

Talking Silly rivalries

Secret plan to put a pointy top on Salesforce to make it #1 in height? If so, Wilshire Grand in L.A. will raise the toothpick I bet. Whole height thing is silly if you ask me. We all know Library Tower/U.S. bank in L.A, still has the highest floor, higher than highest floor of Salesforce & Wilshire Grand. Purely decorative spires shouldn't count, or at least there should be an *asterisk*

P.S. the whole rivalry between LA & SF seems silly. I live in San Diego & I like both LA & SF. SF is prettiest except when there is snow on the LA mountains & high visiblity, then LA might be. SF & LA should learn to love eachother. Both attract tourists from around the world, and thus it is mutually beneficial to have two great cities in one state. LA & SF spur eachother to greater heights, so to speak. California is lucky to have LA & SF. But San Diego is BEST of all haha :-)

Last edited by CaliNative; Sep 9, 2016 at 1:31 PM.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 5:39 PM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
Secret plan to put a pointy top on Salesforce to make it #1 in height? If so, Wilshire Grand in L.A. will raise the toothpick I bet. Whole height thing is silly if you ask me. We all know Library Tower/U.S. bank in L.A, still has the highest floor, higher than highest floor of Salesforce & Wilshire Grand. Purely decorative spires shouldn't count, or at least there should be an *asterisk*

P.S. the whole rivalry between LA & SF seems silly. I live in San Diego & I like both LA & SF. SF is prettiest except when there is snow on the LA mountains & high visiblity, then LA might be. SF & LA should learn to love eachother. Both attract tourists from around the world, and thus it is mutually beneficial to have two great cities in one state. LA & SF spur eachother to greater heights, so to speak. California is lucky to have LA & SF. But San Diego is BEST of all haha :-)
There is no real rivalry here, I think you are building a lot of it in your head. 'Height' rivalries can really only exist within the same city, otherwise it is a moot point. NYC is pounding out so many supertalls that it will be the king in this category for the US for a very long time. I do agree that CA is definitely very lucky to have all three cities.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
There is no real rivalry here, I think you are building a lot of it in your head. 'Height' rivalries can really only exist within the same city, otherwise it is a moot point. NYC is pounding out so many supertalls that it will be the king in this category for the US for a very long time. I do agree that CA is definitely very lucky to have all three cities.
Oh you haven't seen the Wilshire Grand thread, have you?

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRinconHill View Post
Oh you haven't seen the Wilshire Grand thread, have you?
Oh there are plenty of height rivalries between cities. Dallas/Houston; SF/LA: Atlanta/Charlotte etc. My point is they're silly, especially since the supposed height advantage is a purely decorative superstructure. Library Tower/U.S. bank still the highest floor. And Seattle is planning a 1111 foot tower, so they could "win" bragging rights.

The real concern should be how do we put the homeless in shelters? They are all over in SF, LA, San Diego. A real crisis.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 10:09 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Let's get back on topic.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 11:44 PM

This is the new camera angle for Park Tower. Also includes SF tower and 181 Fremont. Now we have a great view of all three towers going up. https://app.oxblue.com/open/clarkconstruction/parktower

Last edited by Justbuildit; Sep 10, 2016 at 2:15 AM.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 1:14 AM

core change revealed today.

time for a change...things are looking up!

source: salesforce/oxblue webcam

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 1:37 AM

view from tank hill last night.

FYI: from twin peaks and tank hill park,

and with the cranes. lights and such,

salesforce is coming close to looking like the tallest structure downtown.

source: me

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 2:29 AM

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 4:10 AM

Justbuildit, boyinthecity, wow! Amazing images.
I moved away from the city and live vicariously through this website to watch it grow.

In Justbuildit's picture there is an area across from the temporary bus terminal, what is that, Central Subway?

P.S. I have never in my life heard anyone proclaim Los Angeles to the most beautiful city in the United States, or some might even say the world. SF however....Just sayin

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 5:37 AM

bluntcard - The foundation work you see at the top of the photo across from the temporary Transbay Terminal is for Park Tower, a 605' 43 story highrise. More information at the thread "Park Tower at Transbay".

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 5:39 AM

boyinthecity - a spectacular picture!

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 5:40 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntcard View Post
Justbuildit, boyinthecity, wow! Amazing images.
I moved away from the city and live vicariously through this website to watch it grow.

In Justbuildit's picture there is an area across from the temporary bus terminal, what is that, Central Subway?

P.S. I have never in my life heard anyone proclaim Los Angeles to the most beautiful city in the United States, or some might even say the world. SF however....Just sayin
No--the Central Subway is blocks to the left (West) on Fourth Street. That is the construction site for Park Tower that will be 605'. The density continues! http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=210603&page=6

I agree with what else you said.

Last edited by viewguysf; Sep 10, 2016 at 5:55 AM.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 6:33 AM

Jerry of San Fran, viewguysf thanks for the info on Park Tower. That's going to be a beauty.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 11:28 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture