HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 3:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

I"ll save this quote for when it's built (assuming it ever does) and everyone is rushing to get to experience the top of it.

I mean... I don't know how many people will be in a rush to get a 100 dollar ticket for this view. Plenty of other tickets in town. I guess the main advantage of the view from this one is that the tower won't be in the way and you can see all the dozens of beauts you really want to see.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 12:44 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
I guess the main advantage of the view from this one is that the tower won't be in the way and you can see all the dozens of beauts you really want to see.
Ha right, the view without Tower fifth is the money maker, ironically viewed best from Tower fifth itself.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 5:19 PM
Ω

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
I mean... I don't know how many people will be in a rush to get a 100 dollar ticket for this view. Plenty of other tickets in town. I guess the main advantage of the view from this one is that the tower won't be in the way and you can see all the dozens of beauts you really want to see.
The WTC observation deck, I believe the most expensive in town, is $32. So I doubt this will be $100 in a few years.

And, yeah, I'd pay to get that view. The location is much better than ESB, WTC, Chrysler, 30 Hudson Yards or One Vanderbilt, and those are the other announced observation decks. The only better deck location, IMO, is 30 Rock, but this will be twice the height.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 10:29 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Its marketing, but also the idea of having the highest deck in the Western Hemisphere. They can charge prices much higher and get away with it, because its a niche. If one wants budget, go with 30 Rock.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 11:18 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Its marketing, but also the idea of having the highest deck in the Western Hemisphere. They can charge prices much higher and get away with it, because its a niche. If one wants budget, go with 30 Rock.
Is it the highest though? It looks considerably lower than the roofline of the building, probably right around where Sears Tower skydeck is.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 3:37 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

That render makes it look like it's the same height as the upper observatory on the ESB.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 3:53 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Looks like it might just slightly eclipse the 1,353 feet Sears skydeck. If I'm estimating via 432 Parks height. Looks like its a 2 floor obs deck based on rendering. The one rendering makes the deck look at 432 Park height if not mildly higher.

But even if it doesn't, still appears that it would be the tallest in the city. But to be competitive, I doubt the price would be $40+.

For standard entry. 1 WTC for example has packages that make the price go way higher than the standard admission, but they come with some perks. Honestly, not worth it, the perks, standard admission is recommended. Saves a few bucks.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 3:20 PM
DENNAB

Right, however high it'll be a cool one.

Was it mentioned in an article when demo would be completed/if construction would commence right after?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 9:58 AM

This building may be ugly, but with the whole thing cantilevered above another building, it's sure to be impressive. It's almost like stacking one of the original twins on top of a giant column.

Is the 15' projected floor height slab to slab or ceiling height? If it's the latter, that is absolutely insane. I don't see why people are complaining about small floor plates. The floors look large. Compare the number of windows on each side to 432 Park's meager six windows. That building has 10000 square foot floors, this will be at least triple that.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 8:00 PM
Not far from Disneyland

Deleted content due to accidental replication.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 8:01 PM
Not far from Disneyland

https://youtu.be/Wp_EbTC87Vw

A very nice video including all of the renderings seen to this point from Skyscrapers & MegaProjects.

Last edited by Thefigman; Sep 14, 2019 at 12:18 AM.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefigman View Post

A very nice video including all of the renderings seen to this point from the B1M.
That ain't B1M

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 12:18 AM
Not far from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
That ain't B1M
Thanks. Updated the credit.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks. Updated the credit.
Good channel you discovered there. I subscribed.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 9:38 PM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:

A very nice video including all of the renderings seen to this point from Skyscrapers & MegaProjects.
Everyone hates it in the comments lol.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 10:25 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Everyone hates it in the comments lol.
That sounds about right

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 6:27 AM
JoeCooper

It just occurred that this project is a great loss-leader which I really hope goes though. Loss leader because if this has the tallest roof height in New York, there will be a huge public outcry for development that would hide this. Thus prompting developers to be more competitive and develop taller and classier projects than this. Furthermore, we'll also acquire a flashy new observatory too in the process. At minimum there would definitely be no gentleman's agreement on this one, in fact it would only be welcomed by many to 'one-up' it.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
It just occurred that this project is a great loss-leader which I really hope goes though. Loss leader because if this has the tallest roof height in New York, there will be a huge public outcry for development that would hide this. Thus prompting developers to be more competitive and develop taller and classier projects than this. Furthermore, we'll also acquire a flashy new observatory too in the process. At minimum there would definitely be no gentleman's agreement on this one, in fact it would only be welcomed by many to 'one-up' it.
-
Whew guy, I almost admire your coping abilities. The idea that developers will give us better designs as a result of a public outcry is laughable and naive. New Yorkers don't seem to pay much attention to the skyline, and in fact, they tend to roll their eyes at tourists who stare up in awe at the canyons of concrete and steel. This is particularly true of the aspirational upper-middle class Manhattan and Williamsburg types who have all the right opinions. They're too busy to care about architectural aesthetics because the purpose of their atomized lives is to slave away to make rent so they can signal via Instagram and Facebook to the "middle class rubes" of their hometown that they've "made it" by simply staying in New York after they got their masters degree from NYU and got an internship at some marketing company.

Last edited by Duck From NY; Sep 30, 2019 at 3:57 PM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
The WTC observation deck, I believe the most expensive in town, is $32. So I doubt this will be $100 in a few years.

And, yeah, I'd pay to get that view. The location is much better than ESB, WTC, Chrysler, 30 Hudson Yards or One Vanderbilt, and those are the other announced observation decks. The only better deck location, IMO, is 30 Rock, but this will be twice the height.
Just to let you guys know especially as a New Yorker, the Empire State building is more expensive than the deck at the World Trade Center. The Empire State Building Observatory costs $38 a ticket.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals