HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 7:01 PM

I will get a semi-formal list when ever I get my computer. The blasted video card is sitting off the coast of CA somewhere. However, I may try and get one built again as I sent my specs to my computer service again, so if they don’t go thousands over my budget I hope I can work on the list and other things soon and post here and elsewhere.

There is another project coming to the Gulch but I am not sure how large it will be, but probably in the 16-20 story range.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 11:14 PM

Most of the buildings in Austin are not attractive at all. Rather mundane to sort of speak.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
Most of the buildings in Austin are not attractive at all. Rather mundane to sort of speak.
Let’s get real, it’s not like Nashville doesn’t have it share of mundane and unattractive buildings.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 1:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownNashville View Post
Let’s get real, it’s not like Nashville doesn’t have it share of mundane and unattractive buildings.
But it has many attractive ones.

Last edited by cecilism; Oct 15, 2021 at 1:24 AM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 1:25 AM

It's all good! Austin has a great skyline which is ahead of NVL at this time. I'm amazed at how much ATX's has exploded up and out since I graduated nearly 20 years ago. I'm amazed by what is happening here now. ATX has lots of boxes, but the most impressive state capitol. NVL has lots of boxes but the most beautiful state capitol. Both are unsurpassed for music. ATX is 'little brother' to two huge in-state siblings and lately came out from under their shadows. Nashville recently emerged as the largest and most important city in this state. Both are very comfortable and welcoming to newcomers. ATX wouldn't exist without Tennesseans either. Expressways in both cities suck, and transit is behind the curve. ATX is blessed with wide streets, but Nashville's vestigial winding, narrow streets add lots of character, if too often a traffic pain. ATX has the premier public university in the South. NVL has the premier private school in the South. Both have airports about the same size and play host to millions of tourists each year. I'll pause now. Can you tell I love both cities?

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 2:48 AM

Hey Guys,
I Hope The ATX does not mind but I copied your format for a rundown of a list for Nashville since I had all of the info but just not in the exact way for comparison sake.

It’s still a work in progress as I have a few numbers left to plug in. I know where some of the numbers are but my iPad crashes when I try to download the docs. I stopped at 150’ as that seems a good place but there are a lot of buildings between 100’ and 150’ proposed as well.

I know of others on the way too I can’t put on here.

I still have to put tons of notes in, but they are in my head and it takes time to input.

Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1507857468

Last edited by nashvilleron; Apr 1, 2022 at 2:07 PM. Reason: Updating website

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 6:29 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Hey Guys,
I Hope The ATX does not mind but I copied your format for a rundown of a list for Nashville since I had all of the info but just not in the exact way for comparison sake.

It’s still a work in progress as I have a few numbers left to plug in. I know where some of the numbers are but my iPad crashes when I try to download the docs. I stopped at 150’ as that seems a good place but there are a lot of buildings between 100’ and 150’ proposed as well.

I still have to put tons of notes in, but they are in my head and it takes time to input.

Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9ks10Q-bc/edit
You're the man Ron! We all know Nashville is on fire, but to see it in list form really puts things into perspective! Is that 50 towers I see at 300 feet or over that are either proposed, approved, or under construction? Holy cow!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 10:01 AM

Very nice list!

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 8:56 PM

Great list, Nashvilleron. Thanks for putting so much work into it.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2021, 3:05 AM

I will let you other guys do the leg work getting the rest of the info posted on here, but several items of note.

Carl Icahn is selling PSC metals but hanging on the land in Nashville where the huge scrap yard is. He will either sell it I hope or develop it.

GBT bought 3.7 acres on the East Bank next to the Oracle campus where the expect to develop a project. The number of buildings is unknown, but they can go 25 stories with 13 more with bonus height for a total of 38 stories.

1305 Hayes Street was announced today, a 30 story 241 unit project in midtown. Unknown developer and this would sit next door to Avalon.

Also in midtown a 15 story announced at 310 17th Ave N from Patterson St partners which includes ex NFL player Brad BARRS, Steve Armisted, & M2Development partner Tim Morris who is doing the Ritz.

A 6 story boutique hotel announced at 2nd & Monroe.

More projects coming, so stand by

Old Posted Oct 30, 2021, 9:34 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Hey Guys,

Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9ks10Q-bc/edit
Outstanding work! Thank you for doing compiling all of that!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 7:02 PM

New 30-story residential tower proposed for Hayes Street in Midtown.

It'll be called the Muse and will be located one block off of West End Ave. at 1705 Hayes Street between 17th Ave N. and 18th Ave N.

There will be 23 levels of residential units, 7 levels of above garage parking (including the lobby level and a restaurant) and 2 levels of below ground parking. The building will be 333 feet tall and have 342 unit.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2021, 1:32 AM

Nashville Named Number 1 Boomtown by PWC/ULI

PWC & ULI are the definitive gauge of boomtown status with their Emerging Trends for investing in markets in the USA. Nashville has been climbing up the list for the past five years, and now it is NUMBER 1. Tennessee as a whole is on fire too. The city has benefited the most of all cities from the changes that have come out of the pandemic with WFH, entertainment options and low taxation. Lots of factors have gone into Nashville's #1 ranking for 2022, and it looks like the momentum is just starting. The city has the most balanced economy in the nation and is the top draw for young college educated people. Also from the reports the metropolitan area is now over 2.05 million, and should exceed 2.1 million by the end of 2022. The last year saw an increase for the first time in excess of 40,000. To get the details, you need to be members of ULI to download the report. This is a brief overview from the Tennessean: https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...nt/8543349002/ From the report: Once considered a second-tier, 18-hour city, Nashville can now be called a Supernova – a metro area in the midst of "hypergrowth," the report states.

Last edited by Texcitement; Nov 2, 2021 at 1:51 AM.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2021, 2:05 AM

I do walks downtown on the weekends just to scope out different, lots for property surveys, utility markings, core drilling, etc. I do it once a week because that is a good indicator for me to judge the change. Sometimes I go twice a week to different areas.

I will say based on what I am seeing there are so many projects under the radar that could be happening, there may be another 20 or so projects we do not even know about yet and these are major projects.

I have caught wind of other big projects not downtown through other means at my disposal and all I can say is that if things continue as they are, we are in for a boom like we have never seen before. The surface has just been scratched.

As a mod on another site I try not to get hopes up too much but I know things I cant share and to say we may have 40 or 50 tower cranes up this time next year may be a gross under est, it could be in the 60's if all of these projects start and 2023 may even be bigger.

On my walks I end up finding signs of 2 o3 new projects a week if not more in the works, not counting what comes up through Metro Documents.

I am still waiting on the height on a 710 unit apartment building, not to mention projects I know that are coming from developers that have not made projects public yet. That list seems to grow as time goes on.

So all I can say is hold on to your horses. We may not get buildings over 750', but we will just get a bunch of buildings it seems.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 5:44 PM

Maybe one of you guys can get the renderings on here. The plan for the Reed site became public this morning with what looks to be 7 to 9 buildings ranging from 10 to 45 stories or so.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301416895.html

The day is not over as there will be another one announced. If only you knew what I know..The hits keep coming!

https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/167....jpg?p=publish

Old Posted Nov 6, 2021, 12:57 AM

Here are the images of the Reed District, courtesy of Hines and Barings:

Source

Courtesy of the Nashville Post, here are the other tower announcements:

From Flank Development, who is building a 21 story residential building across the alley from this site at 1111 Church, and has a 16 story Marriott Edition hotel planned just down the street, comes a 26 story 330' residential and retail building fronting Church Street.

Nashville Post Article

Renderings courtesy of ESa and Flank, from the above article:

Next to the AEG Entertainment district, and just down the street from Tony Giarratana's 900 and 805 Church street a 16 story hotel is planned. This was a 23 story proposal pre-Covid. Glad to see movement on this project, as it will replace two surface parking lots.

Nashville Post Article

Renderings from the article:

Old Posted Nov 6, 2021, 4:37 AM

Great renderings!

Old Posted Nov 6, 2021, 4:53 PM
Future God

Lol... this is just crazy!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 7, 2021, 11:29 PM

All I can say is I think there is a lot more coming!!!!! I had the opportunity to talk to someone in the know that had to be very discreet but there are a lot of projects going into the planning dept.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 1:13 PM

Based on what I am seeing based on core drilling and property survey markings I would estimate there are at least another 10 high-rise projects that are in the works that have not been made public yet.
I will not say where they are but I just sort of read the tea leaves.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations