HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I agree, I thought for sure the later phases of Gateway would die on the vine. Happy to see they have permits for the hotel and residential phases. I'm still skeptical until I see groundbreaking, though. It will be nice to have the street grid restored in this area (assuming they didn't chicken out of this feature from NIMBYs).

Also, how much hotel demand is there really at this location? They already opened two flags in the old Cook County Hospital, and there is a Marriott on Ashland. Is a fourth hotel needed? Residential should be successful, there are plenty of IMD workers and students that are ending up further and further away from campus, and Rush just tore down a huge chunk of student housing to build their new outpatient center.
I reported months ago that they were putting some serious money into potholing the rest of the site. The Gateway developers have been indicating movement here for a while.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
The midtown athletic club hotel's rationale is that they host national tennis tournaments and camps. I think it's like 10 rooms.
It's actually 55 rooms, not 10:
https://www.midtown.com/chicago

Quote:
As a hotel guest, you're an honorary member of our world-class athletic club. You’ll enjoy one of our 55 rooms, featuring contemporary design elements with luxury amenities and breathtaking city views. Four suites are available, including a two-story penthouse suite with a private balcony and one suite designed by tennis star Venus Williams.
The rationale could make sense - the hotel actually looks nice. Convention and events hotels are a bit different of a story in regards to location.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development