HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Dec 19, 2023, 5:10 PM
Community Guy

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 PM
Community Guy

A pretty good piece from Edify and Kalen Anderson of UDI.

https://edifyedmonton.com/urban/stru...ke-us-go-bust/

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 3:51 PM
Community Guy

Reference ID: Job No 499029802-002
Description: To expand an existing Child Care Service to add 36 children
Plan 1520896 Blk 7 Lot 103A
Applicant: INTERCULTURAL CHILD & FAMILY CENTRE
Create Date: 2024-01-25T15:46:28Z
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 2:45 PM
Community Guy

Brent with another banger. This time about expanding roads and what that does to a city.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/op...meet-marchetti

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 6:51 PM
A Better Place

I was Downtown on Monday for Family Day and it was the busiest I've ever seen it in the winter outside of any festivals. The Royal Alberta Museum and Art Gallery of Alberta were both free to attend and, coupled with the Milner Library, drew TONS of families to the civic precinct area. There were some random events organized in Churchill Square as well for Family Day which were also a draw. It was great to see so many people Downtown outside of a workday in the middle of winter, especially many with young kids.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2024, 10:20 PM

The removal of encampments has made a big difference in the feel. I am sure there are some consequences, but overall I think it has been very positive and apparently the new all services center has seen a good amount of folks come through.

Still work to do, I wish more buildings would block off their emergency exit alcoves. Groups of people who are obviously using various substances really congregate into them.

I think there is some positive momentum coming back to the core, I hope the COE has a plan and focus to support and boost it further. Is there a meaningful commercial to residential incentive program in place yet?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 3:11 PM
Community Guy

A report details the 14 goals of the City Plan and establishes baselines to measure success. Goals include keeping the city’s net carbon emissions under 135 million tonnes and being net-neutral by 2050. But the report suggests that, at the city’s current rate, the carbon budget will deplete by 2037, 13 years ahead of schedule. Another goal is to welcome 600,000 new residents into Edmonton’s redeveloping area, generally defined as inside Anthony Henday Drive. The current baseline population is about 811,000. One goal aims to have 50% of resident trips made using transit and active transportation; the baseline is 15%, a measurement from 2015. The city said the percentage has remained stable over the last 30 years, requiring “different and transformative approaches.” The goals also include ensuring no one is in core housing need, meaning their housing is an appropriate size and costs less than 30% of their pre-tax income. The baseline for those in core housing need is a 2016 measurement, when nearly 50,000 residents faced such a challenge.
-Taproot
https://pub-edmonton.escribemeetings...eid=b81cde227f

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton