HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 2:23 AM

Exciting stuff...can't wait to see the end product.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 8:45 PM

Noticed the steel beams shoring the north wall, and those concrete forms enclosing the columns. Moving along but the fixed crane is still not there.

Old Posted May 5, 2006, 3:34 PM

Here are some pics from yesterday from my cellphone (I love technology) ,

Old Posted May 5, 2006, 6:33 PM

^looks like you found the San Carlos perch. I ran into Richard Melikian of the San Carlos family at the DT ASU open house on Monday. I told him him I was using his pool area to take pictures of 44 Monroe. He said that was fine and if anyone questioned me to say I had Richard's approval.

And welcome to the forum!

Old Posted May 5, 2006, 9:16 PM

It's great to see things happening at the site.

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 3:13 PM

Thank you for your welcome. I work downtown here, and have been following the threads the past few months. It is nice to see this group helping each other!

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 6:53 PM

They are assembling another crane over the weekend on the east side of the project

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 7:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxDT
They are assembling another crane over the weekend on the east side of the project
this makes no sense. They are going to have two cranes? The main crane is already bolted to its platform on the north edge of the lot.

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 7:47 PM

I recieved a Copper Square notice that traffic will be restricted over the weekend to assemble a crane. It may not be assembled on the east side, but 1st ave will be closed fri-sun (according to the fax)

Old Posted May 9, 2006, 12:46 AM
BANNED

yup, phxdt i got the same fax. The crane will have to be loaded on 1st ave but will be on the north center portion of the lot.

Old Posted May 9, 2006, 3:23 PM

I have been talking with the realtors on this project, this hasnt been selling too well, and with a 500-625/ft cost, it is understandable (sold 35% as of two weeks ago). I am not certain, but I believe a parking space is in addition to that cost.

Old Posted May 9, 2006, 8:34 PM
At peace with nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxDT
I have been talking with the realtors on this project, this hasnt been selling too well, and with a 500-625/ft cost, it is understandable (sold 35% as of two weeks ago). I am not certain, but I believe a parking space is in addition to that cost.

I can't say I'm surprised. My complaining about being squeezed out of the downtown condo market aside, I can't see how there is a huge market for really expensive, really small condos.

$400,000 for 800 square feet? I mean, most people that can afford that kind of pricing would most likely be looking for a bigger condo in a much better neighborhood.

That's 24th Street and Camelback pricing in a downtown that is years away from being a vibrant, sophisticated place to live. This is probably the biggest problem with urban renewal in Phoenix at this time.

There's no disparity in pricing even though there is a huge disparity in the quality -- and safety -- of the surrounding neighborhoods. One should be able to buy the same condo at a lower price in sketchier neighborhoods, much like you pay less for a new house in South Phoenix than you do in Scottsdale, even if the builder and model are virtually identical.

Old Posted May 9, 2006, 8:36 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Well I hope they learn their lesson and make the Z lofts on 2nd Ave and Fillmore more affordable. Speaking of, does anyone know the status of that project? There is a blurb about it on Grace Communities Website, but it doesn't have a site of its own.

Old Posted May 9, 2006, 9:40 PM

^I talked to the Keller & Williams marketers (who sell for Grace) and was told the Z Lofts property was sold to a San Jose developer who "plans" something other than the rendering we've seen on the Grace website. Too bad. The DFD Cornoyer Hedrick rendering was quite handsome. Before them, the land was held by that Anthony Olivieri company, Metropolis LLC (who own the NEC of 3rd St and Roosevelt where "Canvas" would go. They had a "retro" design for what they called Soho Lofts. I'm not a fan of retro, but this one was really cool looking - 10 floors, high ceilings, ground-floor retail.

Down the street, there's another project in its embryonic stage: Cooper's Place. It would incorporate the 1895 House which looks very abandoned now. It's a Studio Ma project, so the design should be modern. I've requested a rendering/floor plans, which if I get I'll post tomorrow.

Old Posted May 13, 2006, 6:32 PM
At peace with nothing

The crane is rising over the skyline. I'll post a picture soon.

Last edited by phx623; May 13, 2006 at 8:56 PM.

Old Posted May 13, 2006, 7:10 PM
The Lizard King

About time!!!! Can't wait for the pictures!!!

Old Posted May 13, 2006, 8:56 PM
At peace with nothing

Old Posted May 13, 2006, 9:50 PM

What a beautiful crane.

Old Posted May 14, 2006, 12:38 AM
BANNED

I rolled out of bed and walked down there late this morning. Got myself some Subway and watched. Unfortunately, by the time I got there, the tower was done, and they are putting the rest on tomorrow, so I basically got to watch nothing. I did meet a guy there who was also hanging out watching and told him about the forums. Maybe we will get another regular!

Old Posted May 14, 2006, 5:55 PM

The crane looks great!

Quick question...is the crane being assembled to it's final height, or will it grow in height as the construction progresses?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest