HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 1:28 PM

Full Size IKEA coming to London

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 1:48 PM

Huge news for London, it would finally make that development meaningful (pen equity) rather than just stores shifting.

Also Pen Equity pdf has been updated http://penequity.com/wp-content/uplo...-Package-1.pdf clearly the 250,000+ building is Ikea. Also see that Sail is confirmed which is another new store for London (www.sail.ca) kinda similar to an MEC.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
Huge news for London, it would finally make that development meaningful (pen equity) rather than just stores shifting.

Also Pen Equity pdf has been updated http://penequity.com/wp-content/uplo...-Package-1.pdf clearly the 250,000+ building is Ikea. Also see that Sail is confirmed which is another new store for London (www.sail.ca) kinda similar to an MEC.
Hopefully we can get some other "new to market" stores, maybe a Cabela's or Bass Pro?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
Hopefully we can get some other "new to market" stores, maybe a Cabela's or Bass Pro?
I have been praying for one of those, I am really happy to hear about the Ikea as we really need stores that are going to attract people to stop in London not just a random shift of the same crap. With the Ikea people will specifically drive to London which is the goal...adding in a Bass Pro or Cabela would be massive.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 2:17 PM
The Vomit Bag.

helps to take the sting out of the imminent closure of Sears and much of the rest of moribund Wastemount mall.

Not that I ever shop at Sears...nobody does, except Seniors (but perhaps they may just be doing their mall walking exercise).

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post

New Costco and IKEA facing towards Dingman. Good there's a Costco Gas Bar going in too.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 4:12 PM

Great Project! I’m glad an anchor this size joined this development.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 6:43 PM

Good news indeed.

Here's hoping the winds alway blow from the north to keep the stench from Orgaworld away from all those shoppers.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 1:03 AM

Costco + IKEA = GRIDLOCK! That area will be a weekend-no-go-zone!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshsparrow View Post
Costco + IKEA = GRIDLOCK! That area will be a weekend-no-go-zone!
It will be fine, and most importantly will bring people to London to shop which should have always been the goal of this development.

The ability to enter from Dingman Dr will be nice for people in London coming from the East or West if needed as well.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 1:55 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 3:34 AM

Amazing. It looks like hell finally froze over and the thing that people said would never come to London is coming after all.

Agreed, this is going to be a huge boost in support of the Pen Equity project that's going near Dingman Drive. Add a BRT stop there and watch the BRT system take off like a rocket.

Good news all around.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 4:24 PM
Sanity merchant

Alright, now a Bass Pro shop please!!! Throw in a third tennant there, and we could arguably have the most dense point of retail in Ontario! I don't think even Vaughn with their missmash would have so many high profile anchors in one concentrated area

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K85 View Post
Alright, now a Bass Pro shop please!!! Throw in a third tennant there, and we could arguably have the most dense point of retail in Ontario! I don't think even Vaughn with their missmash would have so many high profile anchors in one concentrated area
That would be awesome. I was thinking the other day something like that could also go in the plaza on the corner of Exeter and Wellington roads. They have highway frontage and the mall needs a lot of work to it. A piece of it has already been demolished earlier on in the year.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 4:56 AM
Torontonian Refugee

As a former Western student who had to cart all his IKEA crap from Toronto, let me just say... the youn'guns don't know how good they're gonna have it! Glad that it finally happened.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 4:26 PM

Thats good news. These two successful stores will help in developing London south of 401 now. There has been too much emphasis on London only developing north. One day we should be one with St. Thomas and maybe extend to Port Stanley as a lake front city.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 2:00 AM
The Vomit Bag.

That is an area even larger than the current city of London to cover.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 12:08 PM
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupcheck View Post
Thats good news. These two successful stores will help in developing London south of 401 now. There has been too much emphasis on London only developing north. One day we should be one with St. Thomas and maybe extend to Port Stanley as a lake front city.
London's urban growth boundary doesn't go much further south than this development:

http://www.londondev.ca/Art/LDI_Combined_Board04.jpg

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupcheck View Post
I'm not comfortable with the prospect of loosing all that agricultural land between London and St Thomas for wasteful suburban sprawl.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliverfox View Post
I'm not comfortable with the prospect of loosing all that agricultural land between London and St Thomas for wasteful suburban sprawl.
London is such a huge college town now. I think the IKEA will work nicely there. Lots of college students will likely buy their furniture and misc.home goods there i'm assuming.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates