HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 12:03 AM

Dartmouth 101 King Street aka Dell Holdings

https://www.halifax.ca/sites/default...20Redacted.pdf
All rentals and a 15 storey tower overlooking the Dartmouth Common.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 2:39 PM

Hmmm... interesting.

It would be nice to see that land developed as it has been sitting vacant for almost a half century.

It is actually a very pleasant setting next to Leighton Dillman Park - to be honest I think the Park Avenue area is one of the nicest and most underrated neighborhoods in the whole HRM. Combine that with a rebounding Downtown Dartmouth all within a few minutes walk and easy access to nearby schools, ferry and transit and you have a really desirable place to live, IMHO.

Thanks for posting - I'm looking forward to see what happens there.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
Hmmm... interesting.

It would be nice to see that land developed as it has been sitting vacant for almost a half century.

It is actually a very pleasant setting next to Leighton Dillman Park - to be honest I think the Park Avenue area is one of the nicest and most underrated neighborhoods in the whole HRM. Combine that with a rebounding Downtown Dartmouth all within a few minutes walk and easy access to nearby schools, ferry and transit and you have a really desirable place to live, IMHO.

Thanks for posting - I'm looking forward to see what happens there.
We are looking to sell our 100 year old house to people who want to alter the interior, the old kitchen needs modernised, and the rest of the house has barely changed since it was built. The first owners were the Bowes, purchased August 7 1917 from Mr Bishop the builder. We still have the 5 foot cast iron tub, a little awkward for me because I fell and broke my hip on May 31 when visiting the eldest in Pemberton.
The 1978 Frico water tube boiler is about to be replaced.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 2:28 PM

I spent most of my younger years in your neighborhood and I can attest to it being a great place to live. I think there is some realization in the market that it is a good neighborhood with lots of bang for the buck, so I don't think you should have any trouble selling it.

Before I moved out there seemed to be a trend of younger families buying the older houses in the area and renovating. I'm guessing that the trend has continued.

Sorry to hear about your broken hip. I understand that it can be a difficult injury to rehab. I hope it gets better for you soon.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth