HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 5:38 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Milwaukee Riverfront Tower

Quick project I'm working on, rendered in Kerkythea.

It exists on a parcel of land recently purchased by local developer Ruvin, features a grilled parking garage with retail, a 30 storey tower with 3 floors of base retail, and communal spaces at both the river and at the roof of the garage.

The model is still unifinished, it needs vegetation and surroundings, but otherwise it's close to complete.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 5:41 AM
Desert Dweller

Very Nice! Commercial or Residential?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 10:43 AM

A simple yet elegant design. I think it would fit in nicely with the cities skyline.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 11:09 PM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Awesome! Those renderings look amazing! Over break I'll probably start one or two extremely detialed individual projects, all the way down to floorplans and furniture. I'll be sure to make the faces correct so I can render in Kerkythea. Keep up your excellent work!

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 11:30 PM
Run with Love

i really like the tower, but I think the base could be a little more engaging to the street

what program do you guys use for these? Its nuts...
"Dazzled by the needles of light stitching the water, I turned to watch him watch them. I noticed his eyelashes were reflected in his eyes, like awning in windowpanes. As I tried to make sense of that reflection, I found I could not look away. His irises were brown, clouding into orange with brighter flecks around his pupils. Then it became as important not to look as to look, I feared I would be lost in rush of bronze motes."

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 11:32 PM
illwaukee/crooklyn

About the street:

Since the model isn't finished yet, the mezzanine, retail, and street side gardens aren't yet apparent. That'll get fixed tonight, though.

I'm using (like most everyone else here) the free version of Google Sketchup 6 paired with Kerkythea to render, which is also free.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 1:50 AM

wow nice, you should make the entrance more inviting

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 1:53 AM

its looking good

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 3:52 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Bit of an update, added in some surrounding blocks.

I'm still messing around in Kerkythea, don't mind if the reflections or dithering is bothersome.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 4:31 AM
Run with Love

looks awesome its very sleek and the only issue I have with is the plaza. Which is saying something- I'm not a big plaza guy but its nothing you can help.

In a very urban cities like San Fran, Boston, or New York that building would very go nicely, such places need and benefit from those open spaces, but I feel like in a smaller city you would want to reduce open space to increase urban activity. BTW I think this building would look awesome in the Backbay on that huge fugly parking stucture.
"Dazzled by the needles of light stitching the water, I turned to watch him watch them. I noticed his eyelashes were reflected in his eyes, like awning in windowpanes. As I tried to make sense of that reflection, I found I could not look away. His irises were brown, clouding into orange with brighter flecks around his pupils. Then it became as important not to look as to look, I feared I would be lost in rush of bronze motes."

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 4:36 AM
Run with Love

yea place this some where right in there over the highway, nock down one of those ugly things in the foregrown

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup