HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 5:37 PM

63 units + 2 retail spaces proposed on Front St. in East Kensington. More than 400 units proposed or under development within a few blocks of here. A ton of IRMX / CMX / RM zoned lots that sit within a qualified opportunity zone.

63 Units + Retail Proposed for Kensington Under the El

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 9:36 PM

Not to reopen a can of worms, but I caught some pics on Instgram that show colored lights on the North Broad poles. At least two diffferent colors, neither white. Does anyone know if they have more available and can they sequence them etc.?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Not to reopen a can of worms, but I caught some pics on Instgram that show colored lights on the North Broad poles. At least two diffferent colors, neither white. Does anyone know if they have more available and can they sequence them etc.?
They can produce many more than two colors and are capable of using programs that can use up to 10 colors in a given sequence.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
I saw them last friday night- they were green and the additional brightness is very noticeable.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 3:13 PM
Future World Dictator

Yeah, for a few months now (at least) they've been brighter and different colors. Have to say, I hated them at first but think they're a really cool addition now.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrobk View Post
Yeah, for a few months now (at least) they've been brighter and different colors. Have to say, I hated them at first but think they're a really cool addition now.
I will always hate these poles because they block an iconic view of city hall. Broad street (north and south) should have landscaped medians with wrought iron fencing and lighting similar to Park Ave or Michigan Ave. North Broad Street could especially use some greenery.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 5:08 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
I prefer the plants and greenery as well, but I don't think the median on Broad St is that wide to do the plant as the picture above depicts.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
I prefer the plants and greenery as well, but I don't think the median on Broad St is that wide to do the plant as the picture above depicts.
And it would take much more time and money to keep them free of trash...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 6:22 PM

To be fair, the image above is of Park Avenue, in the Upper East Side in Manhattan... the wealthiest part of NYC...

However, I do agree that Broad Street medians should be landscaped from Spring Garden Street to Washington Ave.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 6:38 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
To be fair, the image above is of Park Avenue, in the Upper East Side in Manhattan... the wealthiest part of NYC...

However, I do agree that Broad Street medians should be landscaped from Spring Garden Street to Washington Ave.
I remembered JSBrook saying some of the medium, particularly after City hall needs to be kept that way for emergency vehicles to do a U-turn. Not sure if that is still true.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 6:59 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Some new stuff:

1951 Point Breeze 4 Floors 29 Units

4021 Ridge 133 Units in 3 Bldgs

649 N 35th 11 units

723 N 6th 6 Stories 35 Units

1817 E York 5 Floors 106 Units

4014 Ludlow 6 Story hotel

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 8:53 PM

Quote:

The Park Avenue planters are maintained by a BID in the area.

All of those nice touches throughout Manhattan are attributable to the various (and many) BIDs NY has.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 7:06 PM

Residences at the Beury
3705 North Broad Street
Philadelphia PA

http://shiftcapital.us/project/residences-at-the-beury/

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 7:10 PM
Philly Pholly

Well, that's unusual. Great to see interest in this location. More trees!

Last edited by SEFTA; Dec 14, 2019 at 7:39 PM.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 7:31 PM
Philly Pholly

There has been some discussion on Broad Street median. It's been slow here so I thought I'd share some examples of landscaped medians.
I don't like all of them but there are alternatives to the neglected look of the medians currently. I would also do this to Market Street.
Center City should really be looking to expand and promote tourism. Beautification is the key.
Broad Street and Market Street need makeovers.
It's time Center City starts reflecting the relatively high end neighborhood that it is.

I particularly like this. Maybe with a lower wall/barricade. Though the Broad Street median is narrower.
A lower wall like this, around intermittent planters along the median would be my choice with brick infill.
Medians 11

Even a simple brick infill would be an improvement. Maybe with alternating planters
Medians 13

Simplistic but a bit boring
Medians 3

With or without the trees. I wouldn't want to block the iconic view of Broad Street
Medians 2

A simple green median would be an improvement.
Medians1

Well, the palm trees would be a statement but I like the simple green mass at the base
Medians 12

This is completely doable
Medians 10

Something like this I can actually see. Maybe not as a continuous line but sections of the median
Medians 9

Severe but...
Medians 8

Medians 7

This was from an article about Broad Street makeover. I don't think the walls are necessary.
http://www.flyingkitemedia.com/devne...Broad1113.aspx
Medians 6

This is completely doable
Medians 5

Avenue of the ARTS
Medians 4

Last edited by SEFTA; Dec 14, 2019 at 8:11 PM.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 8:58 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Residences at the Beury
3705 North Broad Street
Philadelphia PA

http://shiftcapital.us/project/residences-at-the-beury/

Bravo for boldness. Two things to improve though would be the need to meet it's neighbor without that weird gap and it should be about 3-4 floors taller to really compliment the older structure to the fullest.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Residences at the Beury
3705 North Broad Street
Philadelphia PA
I’m here for it!! It has style and a distinctive edge. Better than a lot of modern architecture.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 10:08 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Re: Beury

I can see Temple Health Sciences grad students or folks doing a year long med/pharm residency or longer rent here.

Last edited by iheartphilly; Dec 14, 2019 at 10:20 PM.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 3:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
Re: Beury

I can see Temple Health Sciences grad students or folks doing a year long med/pharm residency or longer rent here.
I only see that happening if Temple police extend their security box to this area, although they may be in this area already I don't know. If there's no heavy police/security presence I unfortunately see this development being a prime spot for muggings. I mean, the only reason Temple's main campus and the area surrounding it is livable for the student population is due to the large number of Temple police and security guards.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 3:53 AM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daario View Post
I only see that happening if Temple police extend their security box to this area, although they may be in this area already I don't know. If there's no heavy police/security presence I unfortunately see this development being a prime spot for muggings. I mean, the only reason Temple's main campus and the area surrounding it is livable for the student population is due to the large number of Temple police and security guards.
No doubt true as it is a sketchy area. Maybe they can run a late night shuttle like UPenn and provide safety officers on bikes to patrol and the surrounding area. More eyes and well lit streets may help too.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development