HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jul 9, 2023, 7:19 PM

I love New City's OFW project, but one thing i keep scratching my head on, is how the Overline hotel integrates with the park. Why no have an entrance there and why not put another retail spot on that corner of the apartment building. Also looks like the street wont go fully between the hotel and apartment. Seems like they've built a turn around/entrance to both parking decks and then will have some landscaping where that part meets the park.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 5:31 PM

Plans for new phase at massive Fourth Ward project move forward

https://atlanta.urbanize.city/post/f...e-move-forward

Quote:
New City filed plans with the City of Atlanta’s Office of Zoning and Development on June 30 to bring two parcels into its existing master plan for new construction. Both were added to New City’s holdings in the area after the company had bought 12 acres from Georgia Power Company for $34 million six years ago.

The properties in question include the former Venkman’s restaurant and live music venue and a neighboring building where New City currently houses its offices. The developer is asking that both parcels, totaling 1.9 acres, be rezoned to allow for mixed-use development, eliminating a current industrial zoning designation with one of them.

According to paperwork filed with the city, roughly 400 residential units are in the works, with estimated rents to be determined. The project would replace existing buildings and include about 460 feet of frontage on Ralph McGill Boulevard, about a block west of the BeltLine’s popular Eastside Trail.

New City has hired Berlin-based architecture firm Barkow Leibinger to “bring European sensibility” and design an “incredibly special” building that would act as the project’s southwestern-most front door, per Irwin.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 8:32 PM

Another architecturally interesting tower around the park sounds great. I'm also liking the juxtaposition of PCM and the new tower.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2023, 8:29 PM

Itty bitty PCM, 4W, & a few others in the distance/through the haze

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta