HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 11:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangeray View Post
6-8months to go before tower 1 is occupancy ready
Why will it still take that long until occupancy? What work still need to be completed?

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 11:29 PM

The inside...

Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilmoreStation View Post
Why will it still take that long until occupancy? What work still need to be completed?
The interior finishes, plumbing, electrical, elevators, mechanical room, etc. Also need to add balcony railings to the picture. There are plenty of things to complete. I would say for a tower that size 8 to 9 months. Should be ready for January to March.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnaby33 View Post
The interior finishes, plumbing, electrical, elevators, mechanical room, etc. Also need to add balcony railings to the picture. There are plenty of things to complete. I would say for a tower that size 8 to 9 months. Should be ready for January to March.
Pray no labor shortage or dispute .

Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarBreStr18 View Post
Pray no labor shortage or dispute .
Labour shortage is a given for skilled trades right now. Only question how bad of a shortage.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2018, 12:46 AM

By City of Rain May 27th:

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Of Rain, post: 1341797, member: 70034
IMG_0100 by Hung Lam, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 2, 2018, 1:54 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 4:40 AM

Brentwood skyline from Holdom Station. This view will change significantly in the next few years.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 9:03 PM

I just wish it were 2019 now and if we know already which else other retailers/restos are opening at TAB. (Sorry I have to shorten the name as it's just too long............ Good for name recall marketing-wise, but not for everyday conversations. Lol.)

They're so mum about it that it feels as if nothing else significant is actually really signing on. Lol! It's not as touristy here either so I'm not sure about the more upscale stores opening in TAB.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2018, 5:23 AM

More of Amazing Brentwood from an unique angle.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2018, 6:02 PM

The old part of the mall looks like shit. I hope they modernize the exterior like they did with Park Royal. Do you know if they have started work or when they will be renovating the old mall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
More of Amazing Brentwood from an unique angle.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2018, 6:22 PM

thanks Klazu... always stunning photography!!!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2018, 11:12 PM

Thanks for all the home hunting pics Klazu!

I think the towers at Amazing Brentwood are turning out quite good. Was afraid they'd end up washed out looking with all the light grey spandrel and clear glass like Solo District across the street.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2018, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precix View Post
The old part of the mall looks like shit. I hope they modernize the exterior like they did with Park Royal. Do you know if they have started work or when they will be renovating the old mall?
They will renovate the mall once they have completed the towers and new addition. I read somewhere that they will be putting 100 million into renovations of the existing mall. Don't know if this includes the exterior, however. I imagine they would do something with the stucco facade. I just hope they keep the fabric roof. I like it.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2018, 11:08 PM

The population for Brentwood Town Centre is projected to be 52 600 in 2041 (sooner than that imo). That would give BTC a population density of 83 000 people per sq mile. That's the kinds of density you see in only the densest parts of Downtown Vancouver, and should easily be able to support vibrant daytime activity as well as night time activity. But it takes more than just throwing density into an area to make it a success.

The success or failure of this project depends on how well the pubic realms/ retail streets are built. I hope they stick to the guidelines set out by the City of Burnaby. A sterile environment is usually the end result of these master planned communities. I won't get my hopes up, but here's the City of Burnaby's outline for what's expected of the developer...

Old Posted Jun 10, 2018, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The population for Brentwood Town Centre is projected to be 52 600 in 2041 (sooner than that imo). That would give BTC a population density of 83 000 people per sq mile. That's the kinds of density you see in only the densest parts of Downtown Vancouver, and should easily be able to support vibrant daytime activity as well as night time activity. But it takes more than just throwing density into an area to make it a success.

The success or failure of this project depends on how well the pubic realms/ retail streets are built. I hope they stick to the guidelines set out by the City of Burnaby. A sterile environment is usually the end result of these master planned communities. I won't get my hopes up, but here's the City of Burnaby's outline for what's expected of the developer...

Totally... if I may.

Here's another familiar link pertaining to future town centre and streetscape.
It was also mentioned, somewhere (? ... that Brentwood would have a high concentration of restauarants and sidewalk cafés.
This could well encourage of street musicians, which could develop further, moving Brentwood towards a business/residential/ and arts centre.
I think your hopes and visions for this are well on track.

https://brentwoodtowncentre.com/our-story/

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 7:54 PM

I was driving west on hwy 1 a few days ago for the first time since these 2 towers have been built and MAN! The impact these towers have is huge!

While driving west along the hwy I knew these towers would be coming up but I couldn't see them until I made a turn around the bend and then Bam! There they were. It felt like I was in a city I had never been to before.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks223 View Post
I was driving west on hwy 1 a few days ago for the first time since these 2 towers have been built and MAN! The impact these towers have is huge!

While driving west along the hwy I knew these towers would be coming up but I couldn't see them until I made a turn around the bend and then Bam! There they were. It felt like I was in a city I had never been to before.
I know that feeling. They're so tall that I can see them from my highrise condo unit facing north all the way from Surrey.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 4:24 AM

My pics, from Willingdon near Hastings (Metrotown in background) June 2:

From Vancouver Lookout June 12:

From Costco's parking lot June 15:

From Grand Villa June 15:

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 5:03 AM

^Great pics!

My pic from earlier today:

Last edited by vanman; Jun 19, 2018 at 7:49 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley